Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Post RE: Elf Laundry (Keep)
on: September 29, 2002 06:54
Oh, my! This will take some special treatment, Lady El! Tsk! First I must clean off the dried... stuff... and then use something to soften and waterproof the leather again. Best tell anyone else at the Hanging Horsemen if they need their armor or whatever cleaned they should get it done right away. Can't have stiff leather or broken bindings.

*Holds up side to show worn ties*

This could break and leave you vulnerable. I'll be happy to repair it for you as well. Should be ready this afternoon.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 29, 2002 09:07
Thank you so much, Ithilgalad!! I hadn't realized it, but they'd gotten hidden under a couple of old blankets in the barn... so I just found out about them myself.

I'll be back later for them... and yes, I'll pass the message along, too.

Thanks again!!

*with a wave and a smile to Happy Hobbit & Mushroom, she walks out the door...*
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: September 30, 2002 02:10
Figwit walks in, humming a tune, when Ithilgalad looks up.

Ithilgalad, my friend! They hug in greeting, then Figwit steps back and hands the tall Elf a small package wrapped in grey cloth. This needs washing... by October 16th... Could you do that for me?

Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 30, 2002 07:48
*** Later that afternoon, Elerrina hurries in... ***

Ithilgalad... sorry to be so rushed, but is my armour ready yet? Oh, I hope... it's been 'one of those days', and I just can't seem to get caught up!

*** As Ithilgalad hands her the beautifully cleaned and repaired armour pieces... ***

Oh, it looks wonderful !! You did such a good job... thank you so much!! Would you add the charge to my account? And put this money toward my balance, too, please...

*** She lays a gold coin onto the counter, grabs her armour and hurries out the door... ***
BelleBayard
Send Message
on: September 30, 2002 03:05
Suilad, Figgy. Certainly! I'm certain I can have it ready a great deal in advance of the 16th! Anything for my favorite MMM.

Lady El, so glad to be of service. Any others who need thinks cleaned and repaired? I'll stay open late for them in this special circumstance.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 30, 2002 03:29
Well, I told everyone I could about the Elf Laundry and what a good job you do... but *she laughs* there are about 4,000 Elf Warriors that were called to defend the area from the attack... they may be bring their armour and/or clothing by when the battle is finished... whenever that is. No one wants to pack all that icky stuff home, so you may be turning business down rather than looking for more!!!

Thanks so much, again... wish us godspeed and the blessings of Eru...

*with a wave, she's off and out the door, just as half a dozen Elves carrying leather armour go in...*
BelleBayard
Send Message
on: September 30, 2002 11:12
Oh, my! Goodness, let me get Figgy's package fixed up quickly and then I can get started on all of your armor.

*Mentally adds up how long it will take and begins sorting things out according to degree of dirt and needs of repair... Considers contacting The Wagging Tongue for a bit of assistance in the repairs and begins digging in.*
tracy
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2002 06:20
*tracy walks into the Elf Laundry with a basket full of soggy towels. She puts the basket on the ground and waves to the group.* Hi. Um.....*blushes* I just came to drop off some towels from the Haldir threads in the Casting Forum. Apparently theres been a lot of drooling going on *tracy looks guilty* :blush:
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: October 03, 2002 04:43
Boromir MR sneaks in and sees the huge pile of laundry... He starts to lend Ithilgalad a hand, but soon notices the little sack in the corner... Curiously, he goes over and tries to figure out what's in it... but Ithilgalad stops him in time.
BelleBayard
Send Message
on: October 03, 2002 10:29
*Ithilagalad is very glad to have help, but manages to extract Figgy's package from Boromir. She has the feeling it's something MMM wouldn't want her love to see.*

Here, let me take that... You're a dear for helping out. Could you take those over there and begin sorting them into colors? Thank you so very much.
BelleBayard
Send Message
on: November 10, 2002 01:18
*checks the Casting Forum, Gallery, and Green Dragon*

Everything seems terribly quiet lately. Even the spa's been deserted. Oh well, I suppose once we approach winter solstice things will pick up.
Happy_Hobbit
Huggable Hobbit
Send Message
on: November 18, 2002 12:00
HH wanders into the Laundry arms full of clothes from Hairyfoot house, she soon dashes outside to bring in yet another pile and another and another.

Right she says lets set to this lot. Soon she has them sorted and the first of the whites are being washed. Happily HH works away washing and rinsing spinning and finally hanging them on the line.

Outside the laundry it looks like flagday as the lines fill with a multitude os coloured garments interspersed with rows of freshly laundered sheets and towels.

Inside the Laundry there is the wonderful aroma of fresh strawberries, orange blossom and honeysuckle.

HH decides to go to the Green Dragon for some lunch. She will return later to see what is dry and what needs ironing.

Happy_Hobbit
Huggable Hobbit
Send Message
on: November 18, 2002 03:47
The day was fine and everything dried well. HH was soon busy Ironing. when she had finished she returned to the cart. There laying in the bottom was a small suit of Armour. HH carefully picked it up.

"This is going to need some expert cleaning." She says eyeing the Orc armour.

"Mmm I shall take this to the Elvish Armoury, they should be able to best advise me how to get this clean.

Leading Mushroom HH heads off.
BelleBayard
Send Message
on: November 18, 2002 10:36
*Ithilgalad wipes tears from her eyes, terribly sad, but knowing she must carry on. How she misses Haldir! Yet, the work helps her cope with her sorrow. And her good friends... She would not be the same without them. She watches HH trundle off with her pony in tow. What would Ithilgalad do without such good company? :love: Even the sadness at her separation from her loved one seems a bit less unbearable. She turns to begin her work on the mass of clothing HH had begun. What a sweetheart! *
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email