Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3536373839Last >>
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hmmm my sister's wrist isn't a bone thing its also nerve and muscle. You might want to check it out. I know our chiropractor has helped my allergies and whiplash. I know she has kept my dad put together (he has had several ladders collapse under him and the last time he dislocated a rib). It also depends on the chiropractor.

I'm so sorry Maxie *hugs*
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*More and more hugs for Maxie* I'm so sorry, honey.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I could check it out, but another issue is insurance. Chiropractors cost a lost of money and it is money we do not have right now. I am considering getting the injections for the swelling, but I want to know more about them first.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Please pray for the family of the man (mentioned above) he went to heaven last night. The last name is Zwitz.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I will be praying, Cenor.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Hey everyone,

My little brother is having surgery on his nose tomorrow. My younger sister and older brother had similar surgeries earlier this year, but theirs were more extensive. As far as I can tell, the one will be easier, both to preform and to recover from. So if y'all could pray for that, we'd appreciate it.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Dearest Mareth, all good thoughts I have will be sent to your brother.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I will be praying for him, Mareth!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you both.

The surgery went well. My brother is now home, and doing well.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Good! Prayer works! But we all knew that.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Prayers for me and the greater Buffalo area, please! We have had six feet of snow or higher fall to Earth in the past three days. We cannot get out to do anything and all of the roads are shut.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
You are in our prayers, Maxie!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you. I appreciate them all.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Praying, Maxie.
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Praying for y'all, Maxie!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, thank you! We got our driveway shoveled today and skied up to get groceries!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Praise the Lord! I'm glad you guys didn't drown in snow, Maxie. Skiing to get groceries sounds fun.

[Edited on 11/21/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
And now the pizza place down the street is open! We are walking to get pizza and wings later, as is a good chunk of our street, because the grocery stores are picked over.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I remember being snowed in when I lived in Ohio. I went for a walk and it was so eerie being out in a blizzard with the snow blowing all around. There was no sound except for the wind. I liked it
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Hey all. There's a girl at our church whose name is Cloey. She had a lung transplant about a year ago, and recently her lung functionality went from 95% to 65%. She's in the hospital, and will probably have to stay there over Christmas. The doctors have decided that she just has a common cold, and is not rejecting the lungs, but she is still very sick. If you could please keep her and her family in her prayers, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone! I just noticed this thread! I'm so glad we have it here! I must confess that even though I accepted Jesus as my Savior at five years old, I really never got interested in reading the Bible much or praying much until several years later. I'm still struggling along in my faith even now, although I'm fully aware that's what the Christian life is.
If anyone wants to pray for me, I'd really appreciate it. I'm struggling with knowing what to do with my life (meaning I need to go to grad school but have to find the means to do so, & I really want to move out on my own yet am currently unable to do that either). I'm single, & I have realized I'm actually a lot like Thorin (something I really don't want to be!). God revealed to me that just as Thorin got all the treasure in Erebor & yet was not satisfied when he found just one item lacking (the Arkenstone), so I am with my life. God has blessed me with so much, yet I constantly want more instead of being content with what I have. I realized that Christ laid down His very life for me, the ultimate sacrifice, yet I have thrown all that in His face and told Him it's not enough. For some reason I fear giving myself fully to Him and being content with what He's given me. Thanks everyone!
& Gem, I'll pray for Cloey!
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
I'll be praying for you, Blue.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Gem! I probably shouldn't have dumped that on everyone, but I really do appreciate the prayers! I'm apparently at a really low point in my faith right now, like I've fallen into a deep hole & simply can't get out but I must be refusing the help that's been offered; perhaps like the dwarves in the Last Battle who were offered the excellent food but couldn't see it's quality in their own state of misery. (Yes, I love book examples!)
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, Blue. I know how you feel. The life we Christmas choose to lead is not an easy one, and God let us know that from the start. I know sometimes it is hard to be content when others seem to have so much more than we do. But God can and will help us to find true contentment in and through Him. In the end, He is the only One than can truly satisfy the deep longing of our souls. You will be in my prayers, as will Cloey, Gem.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you so much, Mareth! I am glad that He is here to calm my fears & that He wants me to have the best. The Christian walk certainly is not easy! I definitely need to "let go and let God" but I have such problems doing this. I read somewhere that sometimes people don't trust God just because they don't know Him well enough, & I think that may be part of my problem. I majored in Bible & Religion, so I think sometimes I feel I know a lot more than other people, when in fact I will constantly learn more about Him as I go through life. I certainly need to know Him better in any case!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Praying for you, Blue!
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for the prayers for Cloey, everyone. I have an update. The doctors have changed their minds...Cloey is experiencing lung rejection, which is extremely dangerous. Please pray that she will be healed. Also, they have her on some very strong medication, so please pray for protection from any harmful side effects. And of course, keep praying for peace for her and her family. It's much appreciated.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I will be praying, OneSize.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, Maxie!
I'll continue praying for Cloey, Gem. That's so sad. My heart hurts for the family.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Please be in prayer for my Mom. On December 30th, she suffered a medical emergency. Thankfully, I was there to catch her as she fell, with the help of another lady there, who God placed in the right situation. She was unresponsive for at least four minutes, during which time I called my Dad and the police arrived. When my Mom woke up, the police called EMTs and an ambulance, where my sister and I ran out to with her when she was put on the stretcher. We stayed with her until my Dad arrived. He took us home in the car and went to the hospital with her. They found nothing wrong after running 11 tests and drawing blood, and sent her home the same evening. The only side effect that she has displayed of the whole episode is drowsiness. Now she must see a neurologist.

I ask for prayer for both her and myself, as I have been very worried since it happened. I am an anxious person by nature, but this is a bit much, even for me. Yesterday, she wanted to get some errands done, but I didn't want her behind the wheel, so I drove her around, even through gridlocked roads, because it was snowing. Since I am a nervous driver, you can imagine how that scenario assisted my anxiety. Just please pray that she has no further episodes and for me to relax.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
You are in our prayers Maxie, and the rest of you as well.

This is something interesting we spoke about recently in a ladies Bible study. It is good to prepare for things that are in our control - such as cleaning up before a storm is due to hit. But beyond that our protection is in God's hands. Worrying about the situation does not make us any safer...in fact it can cause many other problems.

I sometimes struggle with this too. But the most amazing thing is the peace that comes when you give everything to God. It is not so much that we give Him permission to do with us as He wishes, but more that we acknowledge His already existing position of provider and protector. It is our relinquishing what hold we think we have on our lives, and giving up control to The One who really does.

Trust - one of the hardest and most rewarding lessons to learn. I speak from experience.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 01/01/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Praying for both you and your mother, Maxie! I'm not good in emergencies, so I'm glad you were able to keep a level head and do something productive! I'm also an anxious person; it is so hard to trust everything to God!
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Praying, Maxie.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you all for your prayers!
<< First3536373839Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email