Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3637383940
Author Topic:
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
Hello again everyone!I don't mean to take up too much of your time but I would really appreciate your prayers. I am struggling with a lot of temptations to revert back to how I was before Christ. I have been doing really well, but recently I have been struggling. He has been good to me, and has given me the strength to resist. I am having a hard time and would really appreciate your support and prayers. Thank you ♥♥♥
Come to the dark side and join the
we have cookies! :hugs:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
yesitsjess, I will be in prayer for you. Your story sounds a lot like mine, so if you would like to talk sometime, do not hesitate to PM me.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I will pray for you too.
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Praying for you, Jess.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Jess (may I call you that?), I am praying for you. The struggle against sin is a daily one for every Believer. Here are some verses I used extensively when dealing with a certain sin in my life last year.

1 Corinthians 10:12-13 (KJV)

12 "Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

The battle of the mind can often be even harder than the physical, but no less important:

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (KJV)

3 "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

It is very important for each one of us to keep God's Word in our hearts and minds. Prayer is our way to communicate with God, but He communicates with us through His written Word - the Bible.

[Edited on 02/23/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]

[Edited on 02/23/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you so much everyone! Just knowing that you all are supporting me in prayer has really helped me
Thank you for those verses, Song (can I call you that?). They are very helpful and I will keep them in mind. I might take you up on that Maxie! (Gosh, I'm just looking back to find all your nicknames, haha )
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
You will remember all of our names eventaully!

Please pray forme and my level of anxiety, once again. I was doing better for awhile, but now that I am back in school, it has flared up again.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
I certainly hope so!
I'll keep you in my prayers, Maxie. ^^
Gnomie
Council Member
Send Message
I am a Christian

[Edited on 03/26/2018 by Gnomie]
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Glad to hear it, Gnomie! Always good to encounter a fellow believer.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
HelloGnomie! *waves*

Many of my anxiety problems have ceased, though do pray for one ofmy biggest flaws- I am a big worryer.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome, Gnomie!

Praise the Lord, Maxie! I'll keep you in my prayers.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Hi Gnomie!
That's a huge accomplishment, Maxie! I think I saw somewhere that the reminders to not worry or fear are some of the most repeated phrases in the Bible. I definitely am a worrier too. For some reason it's hard for humans (ok, I think I mostly mean me here) to trust God & truly believe that He has a plan & everything will work out. I definitely haven't gotten to that point yet.
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
I'm so happy to see new posts!
Hello Gnomie! That's wonderful Maxie ♥ I agree. I also am constantly anxious and worrying over everything I'm working on it, though.
Gnomie
Council Member
Send Message
I find the best thing to do when I am worried is to read of Jesus' death on the cross. When I remember His Love for me, I no longer feel the need to be able to control circumstances and can just rest and be joyful in Him. (not to say that I no longer worry, but it helps)
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
Hello all! It's been a while, and I don't have much to say but the new worship leader at my church looks a lot like Billy Boyd and every Sunday it's like Pippin is leading worship
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you all for your kind words and advice! I am getting better each day.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Hello all! I know I've not visited this thread in, like, ages. I'm so glad to see that this thread is such a safe and wonderful place to share among Christians.

At Maxie's suggestion, I would like to share my blog with you guys. The purpose of this blog is to share my thoughts, to encourage, and to challenge fellow believers, as you would be able to see in the sub-header. Here's the link: http://torchesinthenight.blogspot.com/

God bless!
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
I have not been on in ages either! I'm still struggling with praying, except for today. I recently learned a young friend of mine is in the hospital with a head injury. I don't know what happened, but they said he's responding well to the treatments. He's a young teen, and though he professes to be a Christian I am not sure he has ever actually given his heart to Christ. If you would pray for him, I'd appreciate it!
I need prayers as well. I have a lot going on in my life and need to get closer to God, yet I keep pushing Him away with all the idols I have. I don't want to go into detail or anything. Just suffice it to say I'm getting kind of frustrated with myself for being an adult but not knowing what I want to do with myself, for not being able to get a good job, etc. Thanks!
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Blue, I struggle with prayer as well. I look at the prayers people prayed in the Bible and I want that. I have been thinking specifically about Paul's prayers for the Believers in his letters to various churches, and how it might help me if I copied all those down and used them as a template for praying for others.

As far as the other part, I struggle with that too. A lot of us in the "younger" generation do. One night I spoke with my father on this topic, telling him I didn't know what to do with my life. I wrote what he said down afterwards. Here it is.

"Really the most important thing is character. Not career, not making money. It is about who you are and what your walk with the Lord is like.

Be faithful with what you have. Make the most of now.
'He that is faithful in few things is faithful also in many'.

Grow in the Lord. Help others. Do the best you can with what you have now. The heart is more important than future plans."

I'll be in prayer for you and your friend. *hug*
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Song! I let my mind wander is so many places instead of praying is probably the biggest part of my problem. I hope this doesn't sound sadistic: I tend to pray more when something tragic like this happens. I guess that's normal; we want God only when we can get something from Him. I don't want to be like that, but I am!
My friend is stable right now but will be in a medically induced coma for at least 3 days so his brain has time to heal. I know his older brother needs prayer too, & likely his twin sister. Thank you, everyone!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, that is very normal. You don't know how much you need the light until you are plunged into darkness and can't find your way. Have you ever read "The Reality of Prayer" by E.M. Bounds? I have only read a few chapters but I highly recommend it. We often have the wrong view of prayer, and that may be why we have so many problems with it.

I find my mind wandering a lot when I pray too. It is not always possible to pray out loud, but that seems to keep my thinking on track better.

There is certainly nothing wrong with asking God to help your prayer life. So many times in the Bible we are told to ask for what we need. "If any man lack wisdom, let him ask of God." "Ask and he shall receive."

And remember, we are all in the same boat. We all struggle. "There hath no temptation (trial) that hath taken you, but such as is common to man." (1 Cor.10:13a)

Glad your friend is stable, I'll be in prayer for everyone concerned.

[Edited on 06/12/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I have never posted here before and I am not sure what to say.

A little boy, a relative of a friend, is in great need of prayer. He wandered into some poison ivy and it caused a severe allergic reaction.

It got so bad that he was hospitalized and now the allergy has infected his heart. Parts of his little 9 year old heart must be replaced and a donor was found.

Please pray for a successful surgery for this child. His name is William.

Thank you.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Oh my! What a blessing they found a donor so quickly. I just said a quick prayer for him.
My little friend is stable right now. The doctors are sounding fairly positive about his recovery. Right now he's being weaned off his sedative medications. I don't expect to know if he has lasting damage until he fully wakes up.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you so much BlueberryMuffins76.

I will send all good thoughts to your young friend and trust that he has a positive recovery.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, I will be in prayer for William.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The surgery for William went well and he is up and walking around a little. They have not yet given a prognosis.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers for this child.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
That's great, Lindarielwen! I'm so glad everything went well.
Thank you for praying for my friend! They are slowly taking him off the meds & he has some pneumonia right now. He has a fever but the doctors say that is good because it means his body is fighting off the infection. So far his MRI's and CT scans seem to indicate positive results. I know the family appreciates all the prayers; I am so surprised at how far facebook has spread everything! There are people praying for him all over the world. And the pastor of their church stopped in the middle of the sermon when my friend's mom's phone accidentally called him. The pastor stopped and prayed for him right there, hearing nothing on the other end. I am really hoping God will use this situation to bring all of this family closer to Himself and each other. The parents are divorced, but it sounds like they are working together right now. Thank you so much for your prayers! Your continuation is much appreciated.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I am glad that he is getting better!

A prayer request....for the entire nation.....

Many of us know what passed in the Supreme Court this week and it grieves my heart as well as many other Christians I know. Let us take a moment and pray for these people, that they may "turn from their wicked ways" and find Jesus.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
An update on my friend: he's now off the respirator thing & seems to be responding well. However, he has some blood clots in his legs & has to be on blood thinners, which means his brain is bleeding some. They think once they can get him off those meds the bleeding in his brain will stop. He's getting closer to being off all the sedatives keeping him in a coma & can respond to some things now.
& yes, I agree with Cenor to pray for this decision & those who uphold it! The sermon today was based off the passage in 2 Chronicles that encourages God's people to humble themselves before Him, to pray & seek His face, & turn from their wicked ways, then He promises to hear & heal the land. This applies to all kinds of sins, of course. I was reminded to remember that even though God wins in the end & will heal the land, it may not be until the new heavens & new earth, & I may not see it in my lifetime. But we, as God's people, are called to remain faithful & trust in Him, which is so hard when we see so much wickedness around us. I was reading in Hebrews last night & got reminded that we need to to encourage each other, which combats unbelief & the refusal to repent from sin.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, all,

I am posting to address the recent Supreme Court decision.

Why are we, as Christian's, surprised by this? It says in the books of Matthew, Mark, Romans, and Revelation that towards the end of days, many controversial decisions, as well as wars and rumors if wars. It appals me that Christian's are shocked and surprised by the things going on in America today. Disgusted, yes. But not surprised. In fact, this should have been expected when the issue went to the court -- do we really expect this nation to make Godly decisions?

There are much more worse things to come until our Lord comes back. Read and educate yourselves.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
What is wrong with love?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Here is a link-number ten is a more religious viewpoint.

http://www.tfpstudentaction.org/politically-incorrect/homosexuality/10-reasons-why-homosexual-marriage-is-harmful-and-must-be-opposed.html

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/science-of-gay-marriage/158265/

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone...sorry I've been so scarce around here lately! :/ Lindarielwen, how is William doing? And Blue, how's your friend?

I have a request of my own...my little brother, Sam, has shingles. He's only eight, and the doctor he went to said she has never seen a child with shingles before. He had chicken pox when he was only around one year old. It is on his right side, with some on the front (chest area) and upper back. Along with the ugly red spots, he is, of course suffering a lot of pain in his back and chest. Prayers for endurance and speedy recovery are much appreciated!
RohanPrincess19
Council Member
Send Message
Most definently I will pray for your brother, that he will be well and his suffering will be lessened greatly.
<< First3637383940
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email