Post Re: Realm gone quiet?
on: March 13, 2013 04:16
Yes Vaire is still very active
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: March 13, 2013 06:46
We have a handful of everyday posters in Vaire as well as another handful that pops in pretty regularly. I am the realm head of Vaire so if you have any questions about the realm feel free to pm me.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2013 12:52
Howdy!
I just wanted to say hi to more people. I just joined Ulmo, and it's been pretty quiet. I've been a member on the site for awhile and decided to delve deeper into the site because of the Hobbit and, of course, my deep and abiding love of LOTR, and hoping to start networking in order to spread the news about my book that will be published in a few months. I figured fellow nerds might give my story a chance. =P
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
rhodilwen, I joined Ulmo as well, and have been working all day to tet some of the threads active again so people realize that we do indeed exist!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, Ulmo has been kind of Ho Hum for a while. I'm glad we have some new members to help revive it (and me) again.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Haha, and it has been slightly more active now
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
We. Need. More. Activity. In. Nessa!!! Seriously. We are super quiet right now.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Mandos. Zilch. Absolutely nothing. Am I the only one in it?
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
I am in Mandos it is quite
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
I have just joined the Realm Vaire
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Congrats, Lord_Sauron!

Wolfie, you should join Ulmo! we need some new members!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
No, Nessa!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Maltaquesse Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Has Orome been very active recently?
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I'm in Nessa, just to let y'all know!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Sadly, Maltaquesse Greenleaf, Orome is not active. My brother is in there, and he said nobody ever posts. I wish it was...after Nessa, it would probably be my next choice for a realm to be in.
Honymir
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, I just joined Loren
Just love a stroll in the woodlands
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am in Orome! Please join!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am in Aule...the two of us do the best we can. Our realm head doesn't even post. It seems to me that Vaire is quite active.

I know this is silly, but I like my green sun insignia from Aule.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
That is not silly at all, Lindarielwen!

I am in Ulmo. One of our members recently started a "Who is still here?" thread in the Realm for any active members to post in for a head count, and so far it looks like there are three of us. There is at least one other who may post a little more as well.

"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Honymir
Council Member
Send Message
Hmm, maybe I should shift to Aulë then

But what to do to get the realms more active? Who is in overall charge of the realms?
Just love a stroll in the woodlands
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I guess realm activity isup to the members who join. Many join a realm and switch, as I did. I know that there is one extremely active realm, and all of the members in it are very close. It should be like that in every realm. I think people join a realm at first based upon who is in it, like I did. Lindarielwen was even drafted for Aule. But after I joined, I realized that Orome is where I truly belong,active or not.

Maybe someone can write and article for the home page of CoE? There are many who do not realize the realms at first, and thus, do not join, which is sad. If you are in a realm, it is like a community within a community. The symbol for Orome isa green leaf, which I love.

Now, off of my soap box I go. Time for the lasagna to go in the oven.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I think putting an article on the main page is a fantastic idea, Maxie! I would love to see some more activity in Nessa.

I have lately been considering switching to Orome, even though it is not active. When I first joined CoE, Nessa was my personality. Hands down. But now...I think I may be better suited to Orome. I kind of hate to change though. I feel like I owe Nessa, since I have been there for so long.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth, I am in Orome, and so is Leoflic. I bet that just between you and I, we could make it active.

Mareth, I officially name you and I the official newbie realm ambassadors. We can PM some of the newbies, put a thread on the many meetings page. What say you?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
We probably could...Leo doesn't actually get on CoE much anymore, so he would not be much help in getting it active. For the present, I will remain in Nessa. I may change later, but I'm not ready to leave yet.

So, just PM newbies about the existence of realms, and tell them a bit about them and such? I suppose we can give it a shot.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I will look at a list of newbies who has joined in the past week, divide the list in half, and PM you your names. We shall revamp the realms!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes! *evil laugh* Oh, I mean...sounds great.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I hope that this goes well...realms are one of the greatset things about the CoE.
arwen1300
Gosling of Vána
Send Message
So... I think I'm the only one in Vana now. And I love it - but it's completely dead. So I might switch. I haven't decided where yet.

The two Valar that I identify with right now are Este and Vaire. I know Vaire is fairly active - has anyone heard from Este lately?

[Edited on 02/05/2015 by arwen1300]
Image If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am not sure if Etse is active, but I have not heard of any current members that are in it.
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
Greetings my fellow realmers...

I certainly understand your frustrations when it comes to how quiet the realms are. Unfortunately that has slowly happened to a great deal of them. While I do appreciate your enthusiasm and your dedication to getting the realms up and running again I do have to ask that you not send pm's to newbies. But there is another solution! There is a letter that goes out to newbies about our site and we could possibly add to it to include info about the realms.

We could make it a realm contest if you like. Write a piece promoting the realms and what they are about. Then we will post them in the GRF, allow other members to choose which they like best and then we can ask NenyaGold to add it to the newbie newsletter.

Suggestions?
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Cele - We (Rosearialelven and I are CoE's Welcome Wagoneers) do have a paragraph about the Realms in our welcoming message which we send to every new member:

And, if you wish to belong to a smaller community, there are always the Realms. You can find out all about them at the Realms Home Page. Each Realm draws from the persona of the individual Valar for whom it is named. Each Realm has its own activities and gives you the opportunity to make close friends with its members.

If it needs enhancing, we are definitely open to suggestions of ways to inform new members about different areas of the site. There is so much to see and do!
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I re joined CoE after years away and right away re joined Nienna. but now no one is ever there and I have to wait 3 months to join a more active one

[Edited on 02/20/2015 by autistic cupcake]
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Ulmo apparently has five active members, including myself.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
what if.....
what if we started going back (only about 1 year) and pming people to see if they would like to come back. the pm would go to the email they signed up with and assuming that they still use it. would see the message. And maybe, just maybe, they would think, 'hay, I haven't been on there in forever. I'm going to go check it out.'
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
It's great that you all are so interested in getting activity in to the realms. But, private messages don't go to the e-mail addresses associated with the account, only to the private message inbox on site. I don't believe that it even sends out an e-mail notification of a private message waiting, at least I have never received an e-mail to let me know I've had a message waiting in the three years since the site was updated. Also, if wishing to contact site members on behalf of the site you'd have to have it ok'd with the staff member overseeing the section in question first.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email