Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
What is fair isle knitting?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Ok guys, I finally got some pictures. This isn't everything because a lot of things are still in the process....

Here's something called a "Scoodie" (scarf+hoodie). Rodwen is modeling it

Here's a little flower to pin in your hair. It's about the size of your palm.

Here's Rodwen modeling a beanie that was made to look like it was knitted with a stitch called a "half-double post."

And lastly, here's Rodwen wearing 2 pieces that go together. One is an infinity scarf that is made with a technique called "arm knitting," it's really cool! The other is a pair of fingerless gloves that are crochet

"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
You can see my advanced photography studio: our living room couch Classy, right??
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love those pictures! Can you instruct me on how to make a "scootie?" I have a feeling I could turn it into a Fellowship cloak.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Those are sooo awesome, lotrelessar! I wish I could do stuff like that...
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
You can THere's plenty of tutorials online Especially on YouTube! It's really not that hard, just repetitive and time-consuming. Maybe in a CoE Bonus Blog, I'll make a video on how to crochet! I could show you all the basic stitches. Good idea??
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes! Good idea!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes! Although I'm afraid I'd be a failure. I watch my sister crochet and fall into despair...

Maybe I'll just hire you to crochet lots of beautiful things for me, lotrelessar.

By the way Maixe, Fair Isle Knitting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Isle_(technique) I didn't read much of it...I Googled "fair isle knitting" and I saw that. I also got on Google Images to see more examples of it. Now that I saw it, I have seen this Fair Isle knitting before, I just didn't know that's what it was called.

[Edited on 02/06/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Learning how to crochet is honestly not that hard. I'm a slow crochet-er to be honest I learned when I was about 10 from one of my best friends when I was little. It just takes a lot of practice. A lot of practice.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I have clicked on the link...and it is loading...it is loading...

Ooo! It is pretty! I am going to put a picture of it in here to show you all what it is.

It looks super complicated! I don't know if I could do it. Maybe if I had someone sit there and show me, but I doubt I could pick it up from YouTube alone.

lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, just wanted to let y'all know that we are currently editing my crochet basics video, it should be out to you within the next couple weeks
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hello again! Here are some pictures of some dresses I made for my sister's dolls. They are crocheted.

Sorry for their tiny size.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
And...maybe they are not tiny! Well, in that case, sorry for the double picture.

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Wow! Great job, Maxie! I always loved it when people made their own clothes for Barbies.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Mareth! I will make pants and a shirt someday when I feel ambitious.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email