Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2223242526
Author Topic:
Nenya_Ring
Galadriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
Send Message
Post RE: NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: April 05, 2009 02:39
Welcome, IloveLegolsHesMine and Harondor, from the realm of Ulmo, home to the most faithful and wisest Vala. I know, I'm biased,

Harondor, you might like to check out the encyclopedia section of Elrond's Library as well, and maybe even toy a bit with making new maps of your favorite territories, who knows?

Enjoy your stay and don't forget to check out the realms!
Image ImageGaladriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
Harondor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2009 02:44
I would like thank each one of you for the receptivity here in this place.

As soon as can, I will post some subjects. To say the truth, I have a lot of doubts to question

Hugs!!!
Bree_lass11
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2009 01:40
hello everyone! I am a 19 year old female from philadelphia pa. I enjoy writing, gardening, working out, and just hanging out with my friends. I am also an asspiring filmaker and although ive made a few short films with friends of mine, i hope one day to make feature films that reach large audiences. I just wanted to express how impressed i am by the extensive community and information on this website. I've been a Tolkien fan ever since my mom took me to see the fellowship when I was 13. I instantly feel in love with the entire world of middle earth. Since then I have read the lord of the rings, the hobbit, and the sil, more times than I can count. Ive also read unfinished tales and HOME and the new Children of Hurin. Well although all the features on the site are a little overwhelming I cant wait to become an active member of the council!
Elanor_the_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2009 04:56
a huuuuuge welcome to Bree Lass! You have read more than me, reminds me that i REALLY should get back to reading the HOME
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: April 06, 2009 07:46
Welcome, Bree. Our wonderful mod of this forum will be here in the morning to greet you but I'd like to offer my own welcome as well.

I'm sure you'll be more than welcome in the forums having read so many of the Professor's works. It's not everyone that has managed to get through the Sil, never mind HOMEs as well. *smiles* Personally, the Sil is one of my favorites.

There is a lot here to see and explore but you might want to check out the Realms (like small neighborhoods within a big city); perhaps a little more cozy.... and can I put a plug in for Ulmo? *grins*

Meanwhile, carry on and enjoy!!
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: April 07, 2009 03:54
Welcome Bree_lass11 :wave:!

It sounds you're starting your filming career just like PJ did, in your backyard with your friends. So that sounds promising for the future !
Ah, the HoME-series... I'm slowly gathering them in my library too but I haven't had the time yet to get down to them, sadly.
I'm also glad our community could appeal to you, as you'll find out when delving deeper in it: it's a wonderful. And you'll meet so many different people from so many places, with so many interests... it will keep you happy and busy for ages, believe me . So make yourself comfortable and enjoy the site!

Errandir of Gondolin
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Nenya_Ring
Galadriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
Send Message
on: April 10, 2009 11:10
Hello, Bree_lass11! It's great to meet someone who's been through the entire HoME series - I personally still have some ground to cover. And yeah, just like my proxy aunt *winks at Bereth* - the Sil is my favourite.
Dive right in and enjoy it!

Don't hesitate to tackle any of us for discussions, Harondor.
Image ImageGaladriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
Savior5467
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2009 01:48
Hello, I am currently going to change my name, but when I do, it will be my Sindarin name, Gwanunig, and I hail from the small, yet also somehow large, state of Florida, and I am currently trying to learn Sindarin, language of the Sindar, as that one just seems better to me. I am currently of the age of 15. I found the Council on my search to learn Sindarin, as the Black Speech is not enough to satisfy my thirst to learn the languages of Arda, I will also try to learn Quenya, but maybe later. Also, about BS, I still have yet to master it.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: April 12, 2009 09:36
Hi Savior5467 , welcome on board.
I hope our elvish lessons will give you the satisfaction you seek, good luck!
Many greetings,

Errandir of Gondolin
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
lothiril
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: March 06, 2012 04:38
Hello I am a fairly new member to this site and forum. I am known as Lothiril, I'm 26 years old from England originally, but I live in The U.S. now. I look forward to meeting many of you, and immersing myself even more into the beautiful and mesmeric world that is Tolkien's.
I am a big fan of The LOTR books and movies. My favorite Tolkien book has always been The Hobbit since I was very young. I very much have an interest in learning some elvish, as well as perhaps involving myself in the poetry writing and artistic aspects of the site.
I'm very excited about being a member, and hope being involved in a community as greatly inspired as I am with the world of Tolkien will greatly aid me in my endeavors.
<< First2223242526
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email