Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
Post Ranger's Apprentice Series
on: January 01, 2008 01:25
Any Ranger's Apprentice fans out there? or am I the only one? I hope there is more fans because sometimes there is no one to talk to about the books. Feel free to talk about the books in here!
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Ranger's Apprentice Series
on: January 01, 2008 05:51
This has to be my favorite non-tolkien series!!! I have read all 3... I am going to re-read them soon!
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2008 11:13
FINALLY someone just like me! They have a site almost like this, same set up and everything and I am on there while here also. I am rereading them for the second time right now. If you want to know the site and how to get there, just tell me and I will respond
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2008 11:35
yeah, what's the URL?
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2008 12:09
www.rangersapprentice.com.au/forum/ I think that is what it is...if it is not, go to the main page, place the arrow on 'ranger's only' and it will say forum. Click on that and walla, you are at the brouhaha...yep, I did that brouhaha right

My username there is: Ranger Zeal
...just to let you know

[Edited on 5/1/2008 by Lothara]

[Edited on 6/1/2008 by Lothara]
Rainyaviel_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 09:22
i've read the first 4 books.i liked them.
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 11:34
I haven't read it, but it looks good.
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2008 01:48
Yes, they are The number of books that are out depends on where you live in the world. I will list all of them below if you wish to know what they are called for your own good on this brouhaha:

The Ruins of Gorlan
The Burning Bridge
The Icebound Land
The Oakleaf Bearers
The Sorcerer in the North
The Seige of Macindaw
Erak's Randsome

RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2008 04:44
AHHH! There are four books I haven't even heard of!! :sob:

Now to find them...:evil:
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2008 12:35
The 4 books, except Oakleaf Bearers, so make that three, are only out in Australia, so you will most likely have to take some time to get them. I know book 8 is going to come out in November, so far. Flanagan is already thinking up book 9 :love:

All I know about America's books is that Oakleaf Bearers is comming out March 18th. And for Aussies, book 8 is comming out in November, I think he is going to call it 'Halt's Peril' YES! GO HALT! (he is my fav. character )

[Edited on 13/1/2008 by Lothara]
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2008 02:23
Ranger's Apprentice might also be made into a movie Lets hope it does :love: :evil:
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 02:49
That would be cool.
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 03:39
Yeah it would. I know alot more about it, I just can't remember it, I could check, since I have the site for RA up also besides CoE
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: February 05, 2008 08:20
hey, fellow RA fans!! Since I live in the USA I have to wait several years before the next four books come out, but I have read the three that are out here.

I am going to check out that site! *zooms off*
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2008 09:12
I have all the books...I cannot stop myself from reading them from time to time and if you go to www.rangersapprentice.com you can actually email Flanagan and he will respond trust me, I did it 3 times
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2008 01:28
I have heard book 8, the Kings of Comnel is comming out in Australia November 3rd I cannot wait
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2008 08:07
Book 4 is now out in the US under the title of Battle for Skandia instead of Oakleaf Bearers. Flanagan will be touring the US in April.
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2008 08:48
Wow...It's been a long time since I was on the CoE forum! I guess I spend too much time on the RA one...anywho, I know alot more than I even did before! WOW! Being friends with the author helps alot

Book 8 is called 'Kings of Clonmel' and book 9 is called 'Halt's Peril' -book 8 will be comming out November 3rd in Australia and book 5 will be comming out in America November 4th.

There will be a female Ranger in one of the up comming books I know alot more about this, but I can't give out much.

There will be a movie made for RA, combining books 1 and 2.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2008 01:21
Wow, I feel really out of it here. I've only read the first two books, but I liked both! But I just can't find anymore at my library...I might have to do some looking and rereading... :evil:
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2008 04:24
They should be out...just, maybe not at the library... Try the nearest bookstore (and hopefully they know what it is and that 'Ranger's Apprentice the Icebound land' is a book in the RA Series (yes, they did not know ANYTHING about it, they didn't even know it existed in this world and their bookstore, yes, it was there ))
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2008 02:36
Well, I'll have to go check on the online catalogue and see how many are on there. Could be interesting...
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2008 03:28
Good series Good author Good plot
LOL Who is your favourite character?
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2008 03:05
I kinda like the main character, but I forget his name. Sorry...
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2008 05:32
I'll give you some hints...
WILL you ever remember? WILL you look on the back of the first book to find out? (LOL Kind of easy hints...said the name a few times )

Mine are: the main character, Halt, Gilan, Horace, Alyss, Erak, Gundar, Malcom, Orman, and Xander ...along with another future one that I cannot mention
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2008 12:43
Thanks...

I added Rangers Apprentice to my summer reading list, it's just that Canterbury Tales by Chaucer is due on Wednesday and I'm no where close to being finished with it. I remember Will and I liked Halt and Alyss...I just couldn't think of the names off the top of my head. I'll probably be going to the library on Wednesday to take some books back, so I'll try to remember and look for books one and two. How's that?
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2008 06:06
Good enough! After I finish reading Erak's Ransom, which I am currently reading, I am going to read the Godfather by Mario Puzo annnnnnnddddddddd start reading RA over again :evil: (yes, muahahhhahahahhaha) LOL
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2008 11:58
I'm currently annoyed because my library has book three of RA and not books 1 and 2. So I'm going to have to put them on hold...be patient with me please??
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2008 03:36
I'm patient...it doesn't matter...don't blame me
Rainyaviel_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2008 09:40
exactly how far are these books going to go? 8,9 are already on the cards.I've just finished reading book 5.my fave characters are probably "the main character"(sorry couldnt resist),Halt and Gilan.
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2008 03:04
LOL...she guessed it was Will through a PM...because I kept saying it... :blush:

I have heard, or rather he told me, that he does not know exactically when they're going to end, but he is going to take a break after book 10...

Book 8: The Kings of Clonmel
Book 9: Halt's Peril
Book 10: ?
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2008 12:41
Wow, we don't have that many in my library system here in the US!

Actually, the estimated wait on book one is 21 days. I think there were three or four books total in the system. Ick.

[Edited on 20/7/2008 by Lady_Alya]
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2008 02:57
Only books 1-4 are out in the US. Book 5 will be comming out in November for the US

Books 5-7 are currently only out in Australia Book 8 will be comming out in November for AUS...
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2008 12:11
Well, I get to wait even longer now...sigh.
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2008 08:50
Actually for the US, they are quickening the releases for them, while in AUS they are prolonging them...So eventually the US will catch up to AUS...
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2008 12:43
That's kind of a nice thought...for me at least!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email