Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Post Chapter Quote XII b
on: January 02, 2008 01:11
after Sador , in his last breath, tells Turin to depart swiftly before more Easterlings come to Brodda's Hall, seeking revenge;
'he speaks with the truth of death,' said Aerin. 'You have learned what you would. Now go swiftly! But go first to Morwen and comfort her, or I will hold all the wrack you have wrought here hard to forgive. For ill though my life was, you have brought death to mewith your violence. The Incomers will avenge this night on all that were here. Rash are your deeds, son of Hurin, as if you were still the child that I knew'

What type of person is Aerin?
Why, do think, did she choose to marry Brodda; was it for love, or something else?
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Post RE: Chapter Quote XII b
on: January 03, 2008 07:08
What type of person is Aerin?

I think she is a good person and strong even though she is not bold. She has to have some strength to stay in the life she now had and she was obviously very caring for the way she took care of Morwen and others of her people.

Why, do think, did she choose to marry Brodda; was it for love, or something else?

I definitely don't think it was for love. She probably didn't have much choice but to marry him if she wanted to stay alive. But I think she did it so she would be in a position to help the remainder of her people in any way that she could. She may not have been able to give them their homes or possessions back but she was able to make sure they were fed and warm.

Rhysenn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Chapter Quote XII b
on: April 06, 2008 12:04
I think Aerin was more or less forced to marry Brodda. But she probably felt that as his wife she would be able to do more to help her people.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email