Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2930313233Last >>
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
The LOTR is way better. I think PJ is trying to in a round about way make the Hobbit into another LOTR.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
...And failing epically. Which makes sense, as The Hobbit and LOTR are entirely different animals. The Hobbit was a children's book, with a comparatively trivial plotline. LOTR was an success-or-death epic, which I would consider to be geared more towards adults. There is very little similarity between them, other than the setting and characters. The whole point and feel of the stories is completely different.
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Quite so, Gem.

That being said, shall we continue this movie, or put a different one on?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Your call! The problem is, could we find another we've all seen, and wouldn't pull to shreds in the same way?

Where are we in the movie at this point anyway? (Tell me the spiders have arrived...)
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I think we already watched it, but...How To Train Your Dragon? Judging from your avi, Gem, I'd say you like that movie.

If the movie has been playing this whole time, then we are probably about to the spider part.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
HHTYD! HHTYD! (anyone know when #2 comes out?)
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
It already came out. Where I live? And I love HTTYD!!! But don't judge me on my avi, Mar...I hate Astrid.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I think Rhodi was asking when it comes to DVD, Gem.

If you hate Astrid, why in the world do you have her set as your avi? *insert confused face here*
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah why?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
lol! Yeah, when it comes out on DVD. my bad. (I just looked it up and it comes out on Nov 11.)

Astrid's not so bad. But my favorite is Toothless and then Hiccup.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
YAY! Maybe one of my friends will buy it when it comes out, and I can borrow it!

Yeah, Astrid is...okay. Kind of annoying, but not horrendously so. Agreed Rhodi, Toothless is the best, followed by Hiccup.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Ooops...sorry Rhodi. *facepalms* Have you seen it yet, Mareth? I didn't like it that much. It was ok.

I have Astrid set as my avi because I thought a corrupted Astrid was cool. My sister edited that picture and I fell in love with it. Besides, I think she's pretty...I just hate her character. Also, the site cut off the best part of the picture. On the original, there's a row of skulls on her skirt, and they look soooo cool when they're red and yellow...like they're on fire.

And, yeah, Toothless, then Hiccup are the best. Though I do also have a thing for Stoick (Stooooiiick!!!!!!) and The Terrible Terror. The latter reminds me of my cat. Toothless reminds me of my sister's cat. The Monstrous Nightmare reminds me of our other, very annoying cat. Actually, so does the Gronkle.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Every time I watch this movie, I fall in love with Toothless all over again. I thought he was unbearably cute in the second one.

Sooo...are we watching it?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Nope, haven't seen it yet. I really want someone to see it who's movie judgment I trust, and who knows me really well....that way, they could tell me whether or not I'd like it.

I like Stoick pretty well too.

I haven't watched this movie for quite some time. I believe it's high time I saw it again.

Sure! I mean, if y'all want too...I guess I'll go ahead and turn it on, and if someone doesn't want to watch it, they can find something else to watch. *stands up and stretches* *turns off DoS, and places the HTTYD DVD in the player* I need to get a refill on food...

I'm listening to one of my favorite tracks from the first movie, "Forbidden Friendship" right now.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Me too! *comes back with loaded plates* Image Boy sleeping makes a person hungry!

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
That little guy is so cute, Cenor! How do you get those things, anyway?

It does indeed. *plops down on the floor with a plate piled high with yumminess* Y'all ready to start this movie yet?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
YES! Movie!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Music starts playing. Camera zooms in. Hiccup's voice, off screen: "This is Berk."

It looks like I'll have to start the commentary. The music in this film is awesome. John Powell has to be my favourite composer. Except for maybe Patrick Doyle. And perhaps Howard Shore. And what's-his-name who wrote POTC is awesome too. Not to mention Murray Gold...
Never mind...I give up.

*starts eating Route 11 potato chips*
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*digs never-ending bag of M&Ms out from couch cushion* These are still good right?

"The only problems are the pests. See most places have mice or mosquitoes. We have... Dragons!!! Oh, sorry, I'll try not to quote out loud.

I love John Powell. This is probably one of my favorite soundtracks of all time. I also love Hans Zimmer.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Lol...I'm glad I'm not the only nerdy person who has the whole thing memorized...

Hans Zimmer. That's it!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Oh please, Gem. If you were the only nerdy person here who memorizes movies, we would be in really sad shape.

I really like both John Powell and Hans Zimmer, as well.

Dragons breathe fire on houses, and at vikings...

Do forgive me if I sometimes have a mind blank of what comes next...though I have seen this movie several times, it has been awhile since my last viewing. I should watch it again sometime...

And yes, Rhodi, the M&Ms should still be good. *snitches some and crams them into mouth* At least, I hope they are. Otherwise, I may die of food poisoning before the movie ends, and that would be a tragedy.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
...all new buildings

Candy never goes bad...at least I hope not...cause that would mean I am in big trouble. *Houses go up in flames on screen*
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Scary...

...Dragons!

Hiccup!!!!! *mild fangirls* Now all we need is Toothless...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Toothless has arrived! My little brother just came in wearing his Night Fury PJs.

Yay for Hiccup!!! He is pretty cute. *eats popcorn*
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Night Fury PJs? *using Pippin accent* I'm getting one.

Naoo...here comes my bane...

Astrid!
*explosions*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, Night Fury PJs...I haven't seen any for 'big kids' but then, I haven't really looked for them...if I find any, though, I'll let you know! And I will also get some for myself...

*Awestruck Hiccup stares at Astrid* Hiccup: "Their job is so much cooler than mine..."

I really want to watch this movie again! But I don't know where it is...hopefully we can find it soon.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
If they don't have them in my size, I'll just sew my own.

Do they have it at your library, maybe?

Hiccup: Come on! Let me out!

For once in your life, just listen to him, Gobber!!

Oh, Mareth, I brought you some of those Reeses Oreos I was telling you about! *procures oreos*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Sounds like a good idea. (I searched it, and I couldn't find any! )

They probably do...but we own a copy of it. So it has to be around here somewhere...

Yay! Thanks, Gem! *munches Reeses Oreos happily*

OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
You're welcome.

*panics* I can't remember the next line!!!! There must be something wrong with me!!! I used to have the entire thing memorised!!!
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Hello!! Mind if I join the party???
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Yeabsolutely!! Have some M&Ms. Make yourself comfy!

If you want tae get oot there you need tae stop all..........this. *Gobber gestures to all of Hiccup*
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Elfie!!!! *jumps up and hugs her* Do we mind??? Are you trying to be funny? Here...try some of these Pumpkin Spice Oreos.

Thanks Rhodi!! And good to see you again! It feels like it's been forever... :'(

Naoooo!!!! How dare you, Gobber!!!! Hiccup is cute just the way he is!!!
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks!! * takes some M&Ms*
Onesie!!!!! *returns hug* um, yeah sure, I was trying to be funny. *tastes Oreos* these are awesome!! So we watchin' HTTRD?? Oh wait, you already told me that.
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
"Thank you for...summing that up."

Welcome Elf!!

And yes...do you like this movie? Have you seen the second one? I haven't...I'm not really sure if I want to, either.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks!! I've seen it once, a long time ago, I haven't seen the second one yet.
<< First2930313233Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email