Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Enemy Within (see OOC)
on: April 20, 2008 05:56
Saer paused for a moment, looking at her friend. "I will make up my mind tomorrow. I have much to think about." She answered. Her voice was softer than before, because she was weary from all the stress of the day.

With that said she went to her room and fell asleep almost as soon as she hit her bed.
-----------
The next morning Duryn was all ready to leave early in the morning. He waved to Tathar when he saw him standing outside the stables with his horse, but he could see something was troubling the elf. He figured Saer had not given her answer yet.

"Don't worry, Tathar. If she doesn't come I'm sure someone will watch out for her." Duryn said. He didn't realize however that Saer was cold to almost everyone except Tathar.

A few minutes later Saer came out to them. She wore a faded blue cloak, her brown tunic and dark green pants with her tall brown boots. Her bow hung on her shoulder and quiver strapped to her back.

Without a word she walked into the stables and got her horse and mounted. "Well, come on then. Let's get going before the day gets warm." Saer said.

Duryn smiled and mounted. For some reason he was glad the she-elf was coming. It sort of surprised him, because she had not been friendly to him at all so far, but he knew that Tathar would be happier.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2008 12:01
Tathar was glad of Saer's reply, and how she seemed to have calmed. But he saw how weary she looked, Tathar could only smile and bow his head to his friend as she went past him towards her quarters. Tathar looked after her mournfully, he wished that she was a little more open at times, and seeing her upset always hurt him more then she-or anyone-knew.

Tathar bowed to Duryn, "Well, I shall see you in the morning, Duryn, sleep well." With that he retired to his own chambers. Tathar took the time to gather few things for the journey ahead. He did not have many keepsakes. A few odds and ends here and there. He set in his pack: rope, dried furits, and bread (he had gotten them from the kitchens earlier) The only keepsake he did take with him was a gem that had been set in a ring. The ring itself was simple...a golden band with vines of mithril running along, and through, the entire band. The gem was actually a dimond. This ring was the heirloom of his household. Passed down from father to father. Tathar had inherited it when his parents had sailed to Valanor, and now he wore it just as his father had. Only Saer knew that he had it, not that it was a big secret. But it was not an easy thing to carry.

When morning finally came it found Tathar already awake and at the stables. He brushed down Mith till his coat shined and gleamed in the early morning sun light. Tathar was worried that Saer would not wish to come with them. Mith shook his head, sensing his rider's troubled thoughts. But Tathar had no time to dwell on them for Duryn had just arrived at the stables. Tathar raised a hand in greeting.

"Don't worry, Tathar. If she doesn't come I'm sure someone will watch out for her."

Tathar wished that he could share Duryn's optamism, but Saer was hard to get to...for anybody. Suddenly Saer arrived, Tathar straightened up a little, and when he saw what Saer was wearing he immediately relaxed and smiled. She had decided to come. Tathar leapt onto Mith's back and led the way out of the stables onto the trail. The other elves that would be travelling with them would meet them up ahead.

OOC: Alright, we're setting off for Laketown now, any character coming along (which should be most) should meet up with us within the next couple of posts please.
DunedainChieftain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2008 03:26
Eldengon and Heanur watched Tathar, Duryn, and perhaps more surprisingly the cold she-elf Saer meet and prepare for their journey to Laketown. They had decided that they would leave for Lake town on the next day and hopefully have a safe journey all of the way their.

Heanur knew that Eldengon was getting upset over the ceased trade so he tried to console him. "There is news of dwarves in the kingdom. Perhaps you have encountered them before. Would you like to go see them?"

Eldengon laughed at this, "It seems you have not heard the full story my friend. These dwarves have been imprisoned in the darkest cells of the dungeon."

Heanur was taken aback by Eldengon's sharp retort, "Would you like to visit some of the scouting unit that raised you?" At this point Heanur was willing to do anything to get this trade cease off of Eldengon's mind.

For the next few hours they traveled around the castle visiting all of Eldengon's old friends when suddenly he decided to return to his lodging. Heanur agreed and decided it would be best for him to spend some time alone.

"I will be in at dusk to rest before our journey tomorrow," said Heanur.

"That is fine, I will see you then."

Heanur was now beginning to worry about Eldengon he seemed to be...Plotting. He did dispel the thought immediately, and went to prepare two horses for the next day's journey.

When he returned to the room Eldengon was already asleep.

[Edited on 4/22/2008 by DunedainChieftain]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2008 11:35
Soon the group began moving along down the rough and twisted roads of the forest. Saer stayed behind the riders, keeping her eye out for trouble. Her bow ready to slip off her shoulder to be used at any time.

Duryn road near to Tathar. He was more than a little curious about Saer, but he was afraid to ask, naturally. The last time he'd said anything about her she got very upset and left. He certainly didn't want her to leave this time.

Saer glanced around. Her eyes moved quickly if she heard or saw something. But it always turned out to be a rabbit, or some other animal. Nothing dangerous, yet.

Saer stopped after a moment. "Tathar, weren't we supposed to meet some more people on the road. I have not yet seen them." She said.

Duryn looked around as well. "Perhaps they went ahead of us?" He suggested.

"It would be strange of them to do so." Saer said in reply. Her voice was still cold, but not like it had been last time. Perhaps she was feeling better, Duryn mused.

"Perhaps we should stop and wait for their arrival. They must be late." Saer said. She sounded annoyed as she dismounted.

Duryn wasn't sure he liked this idea. Last time he'd walked around here he'd been attacked by spiders. He didn't want that to happen again. He looked at Tathar to see what he would do first.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2008 03:53
Tathar allowed himself a moment to breathe as they rode through the path that wove amongst the great trees of Mirkwood. With Saer keeping watch behind them he was certain that they would know if anything was coming. Of course, as an experienced ranger under King Thuranduil's command he did not let his guard slip completely. His sword was loose in its sheath, and his eyes scanned the dark trees with a practiced glance, looking for any signs of trouble. But despite these precautions, Tathar did allow himself a moment to rest his mind. Letting his muscles loosen, and his hands rest gently at his sides, though one hand was always on his horse.

Tathar glanced to Duryn, who rode near to him, he smiled a little; he could see the curiosity in the young man, and he could see the trepidition in his thoughts as well. Tathar was tempted to engage Duryn in conversation, but Saer stopped her horse. Tathar brought Mith to a stop and turned about to face her. His expression questioning.

"Tathar, weren't we supposed to meet some more people on the road. I have not yet seen them."

"No, nor have I, nor do I think they are to far ahead of us, if they did leave early." Tathar now turned his thoughts to the others who were to join them, just where were they anyway? Tathar looked about him at the forest, they would not have gotten lost, they knew the trails as well as any, but if they had fallen prey to spiders...no, that would not happen so close to the King's palace. But if that had been the case then there was more trouble afoot in Mirkwood then any of them had suspected.

"Perhaps we should stop and wait for their arrival. They must be late."

Tathar thought for a moment, he looked at Duryn, and indeed the young man seemed uncomfortable with this idea. Tathar offered an encouraging smile, then slipped off of Mith's back, landing almost silently on the forest floor.

"We can afford to wait a couple of hours for them, but then we must ride on, we have a long journey ahead of us. Do not worry, they will come. Let us rest and eat a little." Tathar moved towards the edge of the path, taking a seat amongst the exposed roots of a tree. He sat there in silence, letting his mind wander where it would. He took from a pouch at his side some sweet bread and this he ate slowly, enjoying the flavour, and thinking that they might not have this after a while. Such was the cost of adventure.
DunedainChieftain
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2008 06:41
Eldengon and Heanur were nearing the rendezvous point when they heard a noise and a large group of spiders charged them.

Eldengon killed many with his crossbow and Heanur killed many with his sword, but in the end they were mauled and the spiders feasted and began their hunt for the rest of the trespassers.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: May 26, 2008 11:57
DC,

Your post in OOC and your post here are totally unconnected. I don't understand (and I'm sure the rest of your fellow players may be having the same problem) how the discussion of meeting at a crosswords with some reference to a dwarf in ooc has anything to do with being mauled and eaten by spiders here.

Are you leaving this thread? Was being feasted upon by spiders your 'graceful' way of exiting? I'm sure your fellow players would like to know. Please explain.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email