Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Alatáriël_Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
Post Any comicbook fans out there?
on: July 20, 2008 01:54
For those who read superhero comics from Marvel or DC, who are your favourite character/s?

Mine are:

Wolverine
Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner
Ironman
Thor
Spider-man
Gambit

Who's yours?
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Any comicbook fans out there?
on: July 28, 2008 07:44
The only comic books I have are Star Wars but I'd like to have Ironman and any Wonder Woman comics out there. Oh, and the Elric comics by Michael Moorcock. :love:
Donry
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2008 01:44
Hi there,
I'm a Marvel fan mostly. I collected a few titles years ago, but haven't done much lately. So when I did I collected:

X-Men
Wolverine
Iron Man
Daredevil
Avengers
Amazing Spider-Man
Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man
Thor
X-Factor
Power Man & Iron Fist
West Coast Avengers
Captain Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew
The Spectacular Spider-Ham

I think those are the ones I collected the most of...and still do pick up occassionally....
Alatáriël_Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2008 07:16
Same here... I only pick them up when I think they're okay.. It's usually the artwork that I go after.
Ganymede_Symi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2009 01:34
Batman
Justice League
Superman
Watchmen
X-Men
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2009 03:15
I was a big Spiderman and Batman fan when I was a kid. I only have a few comics of 'em though.
Ganymede_Symi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2009 08:22
2 things...
Do any of you read the online comic Dr. McNinja? It's hilarious! You can find it here---> www.drmcninja.com

and...

Has anyone read Batman RIP? I'm kinda scared to. Is it any good?
Faervelui
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2009 02:01
I have always been more into Dark Horse Comics than DC or Marvel
darkheart
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2009 05:38
i think there are a lot more comics and graphic novels(is there a difference?) coming out nowdays. there seem to be so many around. I always liked the star wars and x-men comics.

there is a graphic novels version of the hobbit that is quite good to read.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 03:14
Spiderman, my favorite.
:drool:
As a kid Spiderman, Superman and Batman were like my heroin. I couldn't get enough of them and my friend Robbie and I would sit and flip through our comics in the middle of the floor. It drove our moms mad. =P
Donry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2009 04:21
I used to read comics all the time as a kid and teenager. I collected them with several of my friends, we used to belong to a club. The store would have the different titles delivered weekly, we'd all make our way to the store to pick up the different titles that had come in. It was a blast. I even played the Marvel Super Heroes role playing game for a few years. That of course was back in the days when comic book and card shops were plentiful. I still see comic stores every now and again, but the card shops are pretty much extinct around here. I remember seeing Christian Slater in True Romance, working in a huge comic store in Detroit. Looked like a great job at the time. I'm from just outside Toronto, and my family would take yearly vacations down to the States. We never flew, so we drove every time. That meant we made several stops if we were driving down to Florida or where ever. And that meant comic shops from all over! I miss those years now. I have three comic book shops now near me, two owned by the same family. The one closest to me is very small, the furtherest one is quite big but is more than a jaunt to get too. In both stores the comic sections are much smaller now. Used books and role playing games like World of Warcraft have much larger sections now. The third one has a large comic book section, which is great, and I grew up with one of the guys who own it. It's great to see all those old titles being made into movies now a days, and good movies to boot! It also helps when guys like Kevin Smith are making movies now. All those references to comics are great. I still have all my comics books, packed away in boxes in the basement. And the earlier post was correct, there seems to be quite a few more graphic novels now. They are great, but just not quite the same.....
erutan2099
Council Member
Send Message
I read comic books whenever I can get my hands on them. As to my favorite series... I actually dropped a huge hint a while ago with a tengwar project. Anybody who can translate it is a very awesome person - and anybody who not only can translate it but knows exactly what it is from without looking it up is my personal hero.

The referenced posting can be found here: http://www.councilofelrond.com/forum/thread/37350/page/1
-Erunámo -"Istyallo, Ilu."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email