Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Was it...Richard Meyer? I Googled it and I saw that name, but I wasn't sure if that's the composer of not.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I think it was!!!!!!!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I do not really play much music, but I just picked my lap harp back up. I would like to get better at it. I think it has put the desire for a real harp in my heart again.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
You play a lap harp? I am very jealous!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
A beginner's lap harp, Maxie. Pretty much like this: Image
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im still jealous, though.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well, if you ever decide to visit us, you can play it.

I know a very few songs on guitar. I recently learned another, "Grace Greater Than All Our Sin", which I'll be playing at church this coming Sunday. Thankfully it's an instrumental so nobody will notice when I mess up. Eruwestiel will play the lap harp, and a couple of other friends will be on the piano. I think that's it. The other guitarist doesn't want to play, which stinks, but oh well. He can be crazy if he wants.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I always paly my violin at church, and Im going to ask if I can play my electric guitar at the contemporary service becasue the former guitarist left for college. The music is all basic chords and the use of a capo, so i will be just dandy
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
I wish I could play such cool instruments! I play piano, but I don't play much anymore, except at church, which is usually just the basic chords. It's hard to get motivated sometimes.
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I want to play the piano! I learned the basics about....ten or eleven years ago and never got past that.
Golden_Leaves
Council Member
Send Message
Shame you don't live closer to WA findemaxam, I could give you lessons! I'm actually a Music Education and Music Therapy major in college, and also teach private piano lessons. My university music audition is in January, and I'm super nervous excited!
Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ah, sad indeed! I have some friends who are graduating seniors this year who plan to go into musical education, however only for stringed insturments, like the violin, viola, bass and cello. Best of luck to you on your audition! Will you be auditioning on the piano or another insturment?
Golden_Leaves
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you! It's definitely piano, I've been so busy preparing my piano audition for the last year, I haven't been sane enough to even think about learning another instrument.
Image Image
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Best of luck!
Ithilwen Tindomerel
Council Member
Send Message
Best of luck to you, Golden_Leaves! I'm also a piano major, and remember auditions shudder

~ Member Of the Realm of Varda ~
Maltaquesse Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I have played the piano for eight years... I am finally playing in my first major competition in the spring, yay! I really want to learn the harp, though. If there are any harpists out there, I envy you.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I may do a State of New York Solo Festival come April. I will need to discuss it with my parents and my instructor.
Silivren9
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone! Wow, so many other musicians on CoE!
I play piano mostly.... and a slightly random assortment of other instruments when required (flute, bassoon, percussion =P)
Is anyone else here from NZ?

Good luck with your competition Maltaquesse Greenleaf!
Maltaquesse Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Silivren9!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
If we all meet up someday, I am sure we could have a lovely symphony orchestra.
Gabrielochka
Council Member
Send Message
I play guitar, ukulele and mandolin. I will make Elvish songs may be
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yay, another guitarist! I would like to listen to the Elvish songs you make.
Gabrielochka
Council Member
Send Message
I think Elvish songs would sound better on the mandolin
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I need to get back to learning my guitar, I havent picked it up in forever.
Nenluinil
Council Member
Send Message
Post Piano talk
on: June 03, 2014 05:27
Maltaquesse Greenleaf said:I have played the piano for eight years... I am finally playing in my first major competition in the spring, yay! I really want to learn the harp, though. If there are any harpists out there, I envy you.

I always wanted to learn the harp too, when I was little, I've been playing piano for a while now too, not as long as you though - did you ever like the Cello?

Does anyone else LOVE playing movie music or has anyone heard of piano guys, I love their stuff. I haven't been able to seriously work at piano because I've been so busy - so I've only been teaching myself grade 7 stuff, my goal is to get my Amus.

Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Post Musicians!
on: June 03, 2014 12:02
Maltaquesse Greenleaf said:I have played the piano for eight years... I am finally playing in my first major competition in the spring, yay!

I've played and competed with piano for eight and a half years. I was so glad to find someone as zealous as me.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lily Lindsey-Aubery
Council Member
Send Message
I've been learning piano for about eight or so years, but I just switched over to harp about six months ago. It's so fun! I learned 'Into the West' on it, which I thought was so cool. My piano teacher was more of a classical pianist, and didn't really teach anything but that, so I'm enjoying that my harp teacher lets me play around more. And she's an LotR fan! <3 <3 <3
~Lilylol Incredibly handsome criminal genius and master of all villainy!
Lily Lindsey-Aubery
Council Member
Send Message
Post Piano talk
on: August 16, 2014 02:46
Nenluinil said:

Does anyone else LOVE playing movie music or has anyone heard of piano guys, I love their stuff. I haven't been able to seriously work at piano because I've been so busy - so I've only been teaching myself grade 7 stuff, my goal is to get my Amus.

I love the piano guys!! They're awesome. I also love playing and listen to movie music. It's probably my favourite type to listen to.

[Edited on 08/20/2014 by Lily Lindsey-Aubery]
~Lilylol Incredibly handsome criminal genius and master of all villainy!
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Ohhhhh my gosh..... I love the Piano Guy so much too!! I went to their concert last year! I play the piano (8 years), guitar (7 years) and the ukulele (whenever). Wish me luck.... I have a piano competition on feb. 28!
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks to all who said good luck, I managed to make it in to the finals!!!!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
elfmaiden77 said:Thanks to all who said good luck, I managed to make it in to the finals!!!!

That is great Elfmaiden! When is the final competition?
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
March 28! I am playing Valse in E flat by Auguste Durand. (on the piano)
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Elfmaiden, it is so wonderful that you made it to the finals! I wish you luck at the final competition!

I still only play lap harp, but Celtic harp is my dream.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
That sounds pretty Song!

I'm playing at District this Saturday and then about four other competitions after that this year.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Congrats elfmaiden!

Conference All State is this weekend! AH! Then onto All State the first week in June!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email