Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor and Maxie, I wish you luck!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Song! So much work goes into preparing for performances and festivals...and they are over so quickly.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, Maxie, so true. And thanks Song for your well-wishes! I can definitely use them, if I want to do well....
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
To all my violinist friends who know me on here, I'm so happy! I've been able to practice for this last week, and today I finally did a full play-through of Mozart's 'Eine Kleine Nachtmusik K.525' obviously not at the full orchestral speed, but considering I haven't played for almost a year properly, I'm proud of myself
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Hobbits2Isengard
Council Member
Send Message
I have been playing violin for nine years now, and if I were to pick an instrument now, I would probably choose violin again. I started because I started to really like Vivaldi's music when I was six
The Lady Idril
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, I play violin, too!

I've only been playing for three years though. My favorite kind of music to play is...well...LOTR Music.

I don't really like reading notes (though I have to sometimes, of course) so most of the time I just listen to a song and then figure out how to play it on my own.

It's so cool to meet fellow violinists and LOTR fans! Happy playing, you guys!
The Lady Idril, Princess of Gondolin, Este Realm Member, www.loveroflembas.blogspot.com
lady_emilie
Council Member
Send Message
Another violinist here! I was taking it quite seriously and was thinking about going into music professionally for a while, but nah, not what I want to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions for folk-ish music I could learn either by ear or on sheet music? Or where I could get some decent LOTR arrangements
Fool of a Took!
IdhrenTelcontar
Council Member
Send Message
I love music, especially all things LOTR related.
Have you guys heard the LOTR song covers by Peter Hollens?
I don't know about violin but I have a piano book of Lord of the Rings movie themes, and I play the melodies on my oboe.
May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email