Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
My favorite lines: "I'll never be the same, Im caught inside the memories, the promises, of yesterday, and I belong to you. I just can't walk away, because after loving you, I will never be the same."

To stay on topic: I also like the bands NeedToBreathe and We As Human.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
Oh I heard a We As Human song on the radio today! I liked it!
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I have a VERY large list!!!!

Skrillex, Seether, Creed, Skillet, Switchfoot, We As Human, Taylor Swift, One Direction, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Apocolyptica, Marianas Trench, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Ed Sheeran, Passenger,Icon For Hire, Flyleaf and many more
"A sprinter learning to wait."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Listing, listing, listing.

Im glad you liked We As Human, Marille! Do you recall the songs title?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^^ WE AS HUMAN IS AMAZING!!!!! i really wanna see them in concert cuz I heard they're good live!!!

Another band I'm really into is Imagine Dragons. They're unique, and I love it!!!
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Ethelyn, you have cool taste in music. I like most of the ones in your list.
But my favorite band, and that's because I listen to every album and *like* every album is Nightwish. Even with the changing singers...

Obs: We As Human sounds a lot like Three Days Grace, is it the same vocalist?

[Edited on 01/14/2014 by LadyElarinya]
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Nope.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I've never heard of Nightwish, I'm going to have to look them up!!!

And Three days Grace DOES kinda sound like We As Human! I LOVE T.D.G.!!!! He's AWESOME!!!!
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
findemaxam48 said:Nope.

That really surprises me. Either way they are both good bands.

And Nightwish is a metal band, Ethelynn. It is known, but not that much. It's a finnish group. And they even made a movie recently. I could show you some of their best songs if you'd like. Just pm me. ^^
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
WOWWWW YES , PLEASE!!!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
PM me too!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
EthelynnGreenleaf, Nightwish has the best song called Elvenpath. Give it a listen on Youtube.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I will Thanks for that!

I must admit, I still do love, and will forever love 1D! They're my boys!
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
My favorite band is Manic Drive. THEY ARE SO AWESOME!! Though, it seems like nobody knows who they are...if you like them too, please PM me!! My second favorite band, which comes in a close second, is RED. My favorite song of theirs is Death of Me and Buried Beneath.
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Cream and Deep Purple.
Donry
Council Member
Send Message
RUSH
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Living in London had its benefits. Cream at the Royal Albert Hall (oh yeah!), Led Zeppelin at the Royal Albert Hall (You don't know man, you weren't there), Pink Floyd(with Syd), Edgar Broughton, Groundhogs, Yes, King Crimson. We were so spoiled.

At the moment getting back in to Soft Machine, the BBC sessions for John Peel.

Hey Donry, nice to see you out of the Halls.

[Edited on 08/01/2014 by tarcolan]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, tarcolan, you have seen some of the greats. Cream? You saw Cream? I saw Eric Clapton, does that count?

My tastes have changed over the years. Five years ago, I would have said Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks.....The Band Perry now has my heart.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
As for live concerts, I saw Deep Purple (the classic Mark II Lineup) with Mountain playing a lead-up set; Santana; and Al Dimeola + John McLaughlin + Paco DeLucia, all in Germany in the 1980s; and Paco DeLucia in a solo concert (well, there were a lot of people playing with him, but he was the draw name) later; Luther Allison, the blues guitar player; and Lionel Hampton, vibraphonist, drummer and pianist of Benny Goodman et.al. fame.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Oooh, I wish I could have seen that amazing guitar trio performance. I've got it on video.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Oh my gosh!! Thank you!! I finally found more Skillet and Switchfoot fans!!
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
SadroTook
Council Member
Send Message
My favourite band is by far Bastille. Does anyone know them? My favourite artist is Ed Sheeran, though Bastille runs him a close second, mainly because of their poetic and historical lyrics.
Council Member
Send Message
Red, Manic Drive, and BarlowGirl. Best. Bands. Ever.
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
SadroTook said:My favourite band is by far Bastille. Does anyone know them? My favourite artist is Ed Sheeran, though Bastille runs him a close second, mainly because of their poetic and historical lyrics.

Bastille is one of my favorite bands! I also love Mumford and sons, and Lumineers
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I have too many "favourite" bands, so according to my iPod my most listened to artists are (in no particular order):
Green Day, HIM, The Used and Tiziano Ferro.

But thanks to my father, I have quite an eclectic taste in music, and I listen to just about any genre... which ranges from Classical, Heavy Metal to Punjabi Bhangra... so..

Also, I can't help but like Ed Sheeran's music
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Gandolorin said:As for live concerts, I saw Deep Purple (the classic Mark II Lineup) with Mountain playing a lead-up set; Santana; and Al Dimeola + John McLaughlin + Paco DeLucia, all in Germany in the 1980s; and Paco DeLucia in a solo concert (well, there were a lot of people playing with him, but he was the draw name) later; Luther Allison, the blues guitar player; and Lionel Hampton, vibraphonist, drummer and pianist of Benny Goodman et.al. fame.

Nice!

I have a hard time remembering all the great live shows I saw in the 70's (it was the 70's) ... but there were some standouts, like Rush playing Seattle's Paramount 3 times on 3 different tours in 1976, Led Zeppelin in 1975 & 1977, Heart in 1976 and 2006, and Emerson Lake & Palmer in 1974. Other live shows that were awesome were Santana in 1982, Crosby Stills, & Nash in 1984, The 77's in 1997, Wolfmother in 2006, and Neil Young in 2013. Other notables are Blondie and The Ramones in 1978, The Foo Fighters in 1996, and a notable one in its utter crappiness was Nirvana in 1988. It was at the Central Tavern in Seattle, and Kurt, Krist, & Dave were rather drunk/stoned, and they were fighting with each other on stage and people were throwing stuff at them. They took an extended break after a few songs, and came back to play a quick medley of songs for calling it a night. Based on that performance, I didn't think they would amount to much.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love Ed Sheeren as well, Ilde. Love "The A Team," I think that one is by far my favorite.
Aruilos
Council Member
Send Message
elfmaiden77 said:
SadroTook said:My favourite band is by far Bastille. Does anyone know them? My favourite artist is Ed Sheeran, though Bastille runs him a close second, mainly because of their poetic and historical lyrics.

Bastille is one of my favorite bands! I also love Mumford and sons, and Lumineers
Bastille is also my favourite band! Their lyrics are gorgeous. I love their experimental mixtapes, too.

Some more of my favourites are The Wombats, Coldplay, Passion Pit, and Florence + The Machine.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Arveleg said:
Gandolorin said:As for live concerts, I saw Deep Purple (the classic Mark II Lineup) with Mountain playing a lead-up set; Santana; and Al Dimeola + John McLaughlin + Paco DeLucia, all in Germany in the 1980s; and Paco DeLucia in a solo concert (well, there were a lot of people playing with him, but he was the draw name) later; Luther Allison, the blues guitar player; and Lionel Hampton, vibraphonist, drummer and pianist of Benny Goodman et.al. fame.

Nice!

I have a hard time remembering all the great live shows I saw in the 70's (it was the 70's) ... but there were some standouts, like Rush playing Seattle's Paramount 3 times on 3 different tours in 1976, Led Zeppelin in 1975 & 1977, Heart in 1976 and 2006, and Emerson Lake & Palmer in 1974. Other live shows that were awesome were Santana in 1982, Crosby Stills, & Nash in 1984, The 77's in 1997, Wolfmother in 2006, and Neil Young in 2013. Other notables are Blondie and The Ramones in 1978, The Foo Fighters in 1996, and a notable one in its utter crappiness was Nirvana in 1988. It was at the Central Tavern in Seattle, and Kurt, Krist, & Dave were rather drunk/stoned, and they were fighting with each other on stage and people were throwing stuff at them. They took an extended break after a few songs, and came back to play a quick medley of songs for calling it a night. Based on that performance, I didn't think they would amount to much.

To be entirely honest, I'm jealous of both yourself and Gando, Arveleg! I know I was born in the wrong era, but we can thank my father for my taste in music. I was brought up on AC/DC, Jethro Tull, Nirvana, Black Sabbath... and other various artists, and many from different genres
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Council Member
Send Message
@Findemaxam48: Yes!I love that song! Never be the Same by RED
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
Dddddduuuuuddddddeeeeeee!!!!! RED IS AMAZING!!!!
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Saw one of the Blues Greats last night! John Mayall!

The man is 82 years old and doesn't look or act a day over 60! Still has his voice, and plays the Roland and harmonica and sings at the same time! Picks up the guitar at times too! A treat to be seated 2nd row in front of the stage!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Glad to see that there are several other RED fans out there. Some of my favorites are: 'Who We Are', 'Let it Burn', 'Shadows', 'Never Alone', and 'Never Be The Same'* (thanks for mentioning it, Jedi. It's great ).

[Edited on 04/14/2015 by Leoflic_Nightleaf]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email