Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Irish, German, and American Indian.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
German. All of my relatives up to grandparents lived in Cologne when I was born. My paternal grandfather may have been from Kassel in north Hessia, but that's a guess on my part.
I was born in Karachi, Pakistan in 1956. We lived there for just under four years (the then three of us, my parents had been in Pakistan since about May 1954). After that a bit more than six years in Bombay (mow Mumbai), India. Then a short interlude (about 4 months) near Cologne. After that (in my case) nine years in the U.S., three years in Forest Hills, Queens, NYC, four years in Port Washington (Nassau County, north shore of Long Island) and two years in Hanover, New Hampshire. Since then in north Bavaria (Middle Franconia, there's Upper and Lower as well, and they all do NOT consider themselves Bavarians, that was forced on them by Napoleon), with a total of 12 Years in southern Hessia (Frankfurt and Offenbach am Main) 1984 to 1987 and 1999 to 2008.
Wascloth-
Council Member
Send Message
Same as findemaxam48 except not German but Prussian
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Maxie, do you mean American Indian or Native American? If the latter what nation?

I'm English back 5 generations, haven't looked any further.
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
For me, New Zealander, Hungarian, Swiss, Austrian, German, English, French, Scottish, Irish and Mongolian
Mainly NZ European
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
TheOrangeblossom
Council Member
Send Message
Swedish. With a little splash of Norweigian and Finnish. Born and have always lived in Sweden.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I'm full blood Korean but I'm adopted so I live in Oklahoma.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
I'm Irish and Scottish on my mom's side, but Puerto Rican on my dad's. (Puerto Rico is a little Latin island off the coast of
Florida, near Cuba.) So basically I tan easily, have an Irish temper, and am clannish like a Scot.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
From my mother's side: Guyanese (hooray for the West-Indes) and Turkish-Cypriot (I never met my grandfather, I only knew my Egyptian step-grandfather). But the Guyanese side descended from Portuguese-Dutch settlers.

From my father's side: Orcadian-Scottish (we have puffins), who are descended from Norwegian settlers, and Irish
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I am 75% Dutch and 25% German. Not very interesting but I'd thought I'd share

on a side note I always wanted to be Irish.

What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I could never gauge percentages for my heritage. It's a bit too complex. What I wrote above is a highly simplified version!
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Hmm..... USA'ian.
Father's side: French, German, & Polish roots. My great grandfather was French from Alsace (Strasbourg area), which changed hands between the French & Germans a lot. He was drafted into the German army in 1871, but split and hopped a ship to America with his brother. That was my grandfather's side. My grandmother was of Prussian and Polish roots.

Mother's side: It gets quite complicated here. Mom has traced her roots back as far as the English Jamestown colony in Virginia in the 1600's. Along the way, Irish, Scottish, Cherokee, German, Italian, Russian, Serbian, Hungarian, Danish, and even a thread of Spanish has worked its way into the mix.

And now this heritage mash-up has found his way to Australia.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Long line of Prussian cavalry officers on my father's side of the family (both of his parents, oddly enough) and Romanian/Ukrainian Gypsy on my mother's side of the family. As for how the genes played out in my case, I've always contended that I'm Prussian from the neck up and Gypsy from the neck down.
Edhelharn
Council Member
Send Message
Chinese. I'm the first in both family lines to be born outside of China (USA).
Image Image Love is the strongest force the world possesses - Mahatma Gandhi
Aranel Eruanwen16
Council Member
Send Message
I am half German from my dad's side and a quarter Irish and Native American from my mother's side
“For I am the daughter of Elrond. I shall not go with him when he departs to the Havens: for mine is the choice of Luthien, and as she so have I chosen, both the sweet and the bitter.” ~Arwen
Gnomie
Council Member
Send Message
I'm English and Irish on one side and Scottish and Welsh on the other. But that is my great-grandparents. All my grandies and parents are Aussie.
Eryniell
Council Member
Send Message
Almost completely Italian, but a little bit of Polish from my mother's side!
Anjete
Council Member
Send Message
As far as I know Lithuanian, from both sides.
And amid all the splendours of the World, it's vast halls and spaces, and its wheeling fires, Ilúvatar chose a place for their habitation in the Deeps of Time and in the midst of the innumerable stars. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien "Silmarillion"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
As far back as it can be traced, on all sides, I am Polish.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Elnath
Council Member
Send Message
On my mom's side: Mostly german, scottish, English, and I believe a little Italian.

Also, interesting fact, I am distantly related to Queen Elizabeth the First.
Annog nin daf pladan tele ci?
RohanPrincess19
Council Member
Send Message
I am half Indian... like, actually India, in the continent of Asia.
My dad was born there. From my mom's side I am more than a quarter Irish, less than a quarter English, and a tiny bit German and an even smaller bit Swedish.
Person_with_a_cool_name
Council Member
Send Message
It looks like here are many part or complete germans here

My mother came from Portugal but is as german as you can bee. My dad is german, too, but it is possible that his father or grandfather came from Poland, this family line isn´t very clear.

By the way: Do you speak any of your "family-languages"? Or eat more dishes from the lands your family lives? Or nothing like that?
~Cool_Name~
RohanPrincess19
Council Member
Send Message
I only speak English (and a tiny bit of Spanish, I guess). But in my house my mom makes a lot of Indian food (she learned how to from my Dadi) and we eat that very often.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email