Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LegolasLover269
Council Member
Send Message
Post Name Creating
on: September 30, 2008 05:03
Can anyone tell me a way to come up with names for characters? I want to do some different things with them, like fan fiction and RPGing, but names are terribly hard for me to come up with. Especially since i want them in elvish. Please help!

[Edited on 23/6/2011 by ~nólemë~]
Elioclya
Lady of Ithilien
Send Message
Post RE: Name Creating
on: October 01, 2008 12:09
If you want the fun option, go here and generate some names that way - they tend to sound quite elvish and are often taken from the books, but I don't know if they're all actually elvish in origin.

We also have a great article here in Creations Corner about Finding & Creating Fantasy Names. This one is excellent for general use, but might need some adapting to make specifically elvish names.

There's also this site, where someone has taken on the task of translating a large number of names into Quenya. It's an impressive resource, but not being an elvish scholar myself I can't tell you how accurate it is!

And of course don't forget our own excellent Elvish resources, starting with the Elvish 101 forum - if you want to make sure you've got it right, learning from scratch is the best way to go!

Hope that helps a bit Enjoy!

[Edited on 1/10/2008 by Elioclya]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email