Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post Favorite Song by a Cast member?
on: December 05, 2008 06:07
I know there is a poll about who your favorite singer from the flims is (ie Ben del Maestro, Rene Fleming). But which song done by an actual member of the cast is your favorite?

(I incuded even the little snatches of tunes, such as when Viggo sings the Lay of Luthien in FotR EE)
Ian McKellan, The Road Goes Ever on and on
5% (3)
Dominic and Billy, Hey Ho! To the Bottle I Go!
5% (3)
Viggo Mortenson, Lay of Luthien song
0% (0)
Miranda Otto, funeral lament
17% (1)
Andy Serkis, the fish song at the Forbidden Pool
2% (1)
Dom and Billy, the Green Dragon song
0% (0)
Liv Tyler singing in the Houses of Healing scene
15% (1)
Billy Boyd singing in The Steward of Gondor
43% (2)
Viggo Mortenson, the coronation song
12% (8)
other
0% (0)
Hravan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Favorite Song by a Cast member?
on: December 06, 2008 05:26
Hard choice but I have to go with the Lament for Théodred by Miranda Otto. Just because I adore Old English.. :love:
Plus, it's the only non-English song I've managed to fully memorised from the films.... I sing it all the time... :blush:
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: December 06, 2008 05:48
I chose the Lament, because I love the way it's sung and I love how it's incorporated in the movie. Add to that the little nod to the professor, using the Beowulf text, and you've easily got one of the smartest and most gorgeous additions to TTT.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 06, 2008 10:45
man this was hard! I love anything Viggo sings, but my favorite song is "The Road Goes Ever On" so i picked that. but i like the hobbit songs too! :cry:

and of course i love: ♪Rock and pool, is nice and cool, so juicy sweeeeeet! I only wish, to catch a fish, so juicy sweeeeeeeeeeet! ♪

[Edited on 12/8/2008 by Erucenindë]
Imahobbitgirl2
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: December 07, 2008 08:05
"Home is behind, the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadows to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight
Mist and shadow, cloud and shade
All shall fade, all shall..... fade"

*Siiiiigh* That song is SOOO perfect. That was what made me fall in love with my Pippin. He has such a beautiful voice!! :love: :love: :love:
crystalarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2009 03:44
The song Liv Tyler sang! So beautiful! Too bad they put it into the Houses of Healing. Of all places..... Why put an Arwen song into an Eowyn/Faramir scene?
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: August 31, 2010 06:50
Hard choice!

1. Aragorn's coronation song. I adore it when they melt a piece of canon Middle-Earth history into the movies :love: Aragorn spontaneously singing the ancient words as though Elendil's voice were speaking through him is my top favourite scene with him in the movies Faintly reminiscent of Ulmo's voice coming out of Tuor's mouth in Gondolin, love it
Pity we didn't see AGN find the sapling of the White Tree on the slope of Mt Mindolluin above Minas Tirith as well :love:

2. "The road goes ever on and on", but somehow it feels more 'right' to me in Bilbo's version.

3. Gollum's pool song. Lol, nice scene to show that even in old corrupted Gollum there's a bit of that trademark hobbit cheerfulness
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
asleepingvision
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2010 08:10
Ugh. I'm caught between Pippin's song for the Steward and Eowyn's lament. I am reduced to a pile of tears every. single. time.
Maianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2010 08:42
that was so hard to choose! all of them are amazing.

i love the hobbit drinking songs, and the road goes ever on, and the pretty pool, and the steward of gondor, ok, i love them all. there should be an "all of the above" opton.
~HeowaOfRohan~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2010 09:01
I voted for Eowyn's lament. That part was really sad and you could hear it clearly in her voice Also I like the Aragorn's coronation...it's so calming Billy's singing was great too! I love how his voice echoes and then the music slowly creeps in..so chilling..
AgordanPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2010 12:05
I had to vote for the Steward's song Billy sang just because his voice gives me chills.

The Hobbit drinking songs are VERY close in second especially because before my doubles partner and I would play a match in high school we would sing the Green Dragon song to get ourselves pumped up.
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2010 02:21
I voted for Viggo and the Coronation Song. Just lovely.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: September 28, 2010 09:20
(If I could figure out how to vote) I'd vote for Liv Tyler in the Houses of Healing. There is something so sad yet beautiful about it, and I was surprised at how lovely Liv's voice is.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: September 28, 2010 10:28
(If I could figure out how to vote) I'd vote for Liv Tyler in the Houses of Healing. There is something so sad yet beautiful about it, and I was surprised at how lovely Liv's voice is.

All you have to do is click on one of the ticky boxes and then click on the "vote" button, Ber.

I agree, she surprised me with the haunting beauty of her singing.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: September 28, 2010 10:52
I don't have the clicky buttons or the vote box. That's the problem, Linwe. I wonder if it's connected with the change of 'theme'....I'll check it out and see if that's the problem. Be back soon....................

########################

Nope, no buttons or boxes on default theme. All I have is the 'results'. Interesting. I could understand if I wasn't logged in but I am. Strange. My vote still holds though. *chuckles*

[Edited on 28/9/2010 by BerethEdhellen]
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: September 28, 2010 01:47
hm...strange. I figured you must know how to do it, so I was kind of puzzled by your question. Although, once you vote, you're not going to see the vote button again, I think. You'll just see the results. I voted so I just see results now.

[Edited on 28/9/2010 by LinweSingollo]
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Eruvande~Elleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2011 01:08
I love them all, but I have to say that my favorite songs are Pippin's song and the lament for Theodred. It has that interesting middle eastern style that I love and it sounds so good without music. I like it a capella.
LordoftheWolfDale
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2011 02:41
eowyns Lament, nothing drew me closer into the very fabric of the rohirrim, then seeing the fallen warrior prince, and hearing the song that will be sung in the golden hall forever after
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Favorite Song by a Cast member?
on: January 14, 2013 09:28
For me, it is anything Aragorn sings. I love his Lay of Luthien and also the Coronation song.

Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth, I am come
In this place will I abide, and my heirs,
Until the ending of the World.

I love that Viggo Mortenson came up with the melodies for both songs.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
kayedhel
Council Member
Send Message
Ugh!!! This so hard! Lol I can't decide between the coronation song or the stewart of gondor
"What is friend in elvish?" - Frodo "Mellon" - Gandalf
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Pippin's singing is the most beautiful thing ever, I just want to give him a hug after he's done and starts crying
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Pippin's song for me too.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Miranda Otto, funeral lament for me, so sad. I can't believe they didn't include that in the movies. By the way does anyone know what she is saying?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Cenor, I think there is a translation on site somewhere but I cannot find so...
http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/l/lord_of_the_rings/eowyns_lament.html
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Oh so sad :cry: :sob:
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh goodness. I will never be able to hear that without tearing up anymore, now that I know the lyrics... Thanks, tarc, for the link, not making me cry.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lily Lindsey-Aubery
Council Member
Send Message
Pippin is too cute! I voted for him; but I really like Eowyn's lament, too. It's so sad! :'( All the songs are beautiful, though.
~Lilylol Incredibly handsome criminal genius and master of all villainy!
MeliaStormcrow
Council Member
Send Message
Steward of Gondor is a great song. I also really liked the Hobbit drinking songs.
"The King beneath the mountains, The King of carven stone, The lord of silver fountains Shall come into his own! His crown shall be upholden, His harp shall be restrung, His halls shall echo golden To songs of yore re-sung. The woods shall wave on mountains And grass beneath the sun; His wealth shall flow in fountains And the rivers golden run. The streams shall run in gladness, The lakes shall shine and burn, All sorrow fail and sadness At the Mountain-king's return!"
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
I voted for Billy's song, but I also love the funeral lament by Miranda Otto.
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I really can't decide which is my favorite. I love Pippin's song, and the funeral lament, and Liv's song...but I don't know which is my favorite.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Billy Boyd Steward of Godor song, followed by Miranda Otto's funeral lament for Theodred.
I do like Merry & Pip singing and dancing on the table in Rohan too!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Ameriel
Council Member
Send Message
I voted for Liv Tyler's song - I feel that it's a little undervalued.
'But wherever I came it was ever the same: the feet fled, and all was still; never a greeting, only the fleeting pipes, voices, horns on the hill.' // http://www.councilofelrond.com/rpgcharacter/amaery/
fool_of_a_took_12
Council Member
Send Message
I really like The Road Goes Ever On and On. I often sing it when I go walking.
Lembas! One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email