Register

Author Topic:
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Costumes - Orcs
on: January 28, 2009 03:15
Hi all,

I'm working on some short LotR's Fan Films, and at the mo I'm working on costumes I am having a busy time making them all and I could do with some feedback, so I've uploaded a pic of one of my 60% finshed orc costumes. It's modeled by my sister who is going to act as an orc.
What do you think?

[Edited on 28/1/2009 by Aragorn16Estel]

[Edited on 21/6/2011 by ~nólemë~]
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
Post RE: Costumes - Orcs
on: January 28, 2009 06:57
The picture's a bit blurry, but from what I can see, it looks very nice. The helmet seems a bit Crusader-Knight, maybe could use a bit of rust or dirt, but besides that, I like it. The Sword and shield are especially well done. I'd be interested in seeing the movies when you're done with them.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2009 08:26
Hi Merides,
Thanks, Yeah the pic is blurry, its cause I had to shrink it down or I couldn't upload it. Yes Your 100% right with the helm...I'm hoping to buy an orc mask and make a paper mashe orc helmit...Like the one Frodo wore in the RotK.

Oh and here are some close up's of the materilel:

And of course the dirt ain't real dirt...its just water-proof when dry paint...and the blood is watered down red food colouring...it was very messy but fun..and it looks awasome.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2009 08:21
Hiya,
For my Fan film I'm making, I need some orc helmits and masks can anyone help? Links ect.
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: January 29, 2009 04:35
That's an awesome costume.
You might try looking at alleycatscratch's website. They have a lot of info on making LotR costumes. Good luck on your film!
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2009 07:12
Thanks LinweSingollo,
Allycatscratch site is great help...Thanks!
drspin98
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2009 09:23
VERY nice work!! The close-ups of the fabric are great-the color is PERFECT. As a fellow who has dabbled in LOTR costuming a bit myself, I can tell that that costume took a lot of work.

Very impressive! Keep us posted!!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2009 09:27
Hey Nikoli,
Thanks for your very encourging words!!!!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2011 12:06
Hello all,
I have finally got some finished orc costumes! All I need to do is make some steel armor and PVC Chainmail (Thanks for the idea Lucy_Took!) They are moddled by my sister, who is playing an orc in my film. I am VERY grateful to her as she is wearing 4 itchy, un-comfertable layers, 2 belts, with two long sword's in, and she is wearing the mask's that are near imposible to see out of.... and hard to breath out of.........The part she's worring about is...."HOW THE HECK AM I GONNA FIGHT IN THIS THING!" :angry: . Thats waht she said lol!

The Picture's:
The rear.
A close-up.
A different mask.

And yes I did want to go in the middle of a forest, but I was unable to so, we had to do it in the living room. :yawn:

[Edited on 28/4/2009 by Aragorn16Estel]

[Edited on 07/02/2016 by Aragorn16Estel]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 21, 2011 12:06
looking good Estel. Keep up the good work.
Elioclya
Lady of Ithilien
Send Message
on: June 21, 2011 12:07
Great work once again Estel - it's fascinating watching this process as you put things together! (But oh, your poor sister!)
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thanx so much for your coments guys, it really is very encouraging!
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Very ugly.

Yes,that was a compliment .
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email