12345Last >>
Author Topic:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Post OLD Newbies Introduction Thread.
on: April 21, 2009 08:54
The old thread was quite full, so time for a new one!

This is the place for newbies to introduce themselves to the other members of CoE. Some possible things you might say about yourself are:

Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE)
Where are you from (country/state)?
How did you find CoE?
What are your interests?
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' and/or seen the movies?
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?

Of course you can write your own introduction, the above are just some hints .

Once you have posted your introduction here, you do not need to make a separate greeting post below the gray line further down. That area is for asking questions about the site; how to do or where to find things, how to deal with signatures/avatars, etc. Please scroll through the existing threads to see if there is one on the subject in which you are interested and post there. Do not start another thread if there is already one which exists, you can always add another reply if necessary.

We'd also advise you to read the threads above the gray line as they may answer some of those questions before you even ask. Explore the site (there are many nooks and crannies to see) and have fun. You might also wish to read this and this as they both contain useful information you may find helpful. Feel free to check out the introductions of older site members in other threads, some of which to be found in the archives (but please do not post any replies in the archives, as it is for closed threads).

We all hope you will enjoy it here with us, and that you feel at home very soon .

Errandir of Gondolin,
Newbies - moderator

With thanks to BerethEdhellen

[Edited on 9/8/2010 by gondolinian]
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Post RE: NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: April 21, 2009 08:56
My apologies to all newbies who posted here and cannot find their introduction anymore. We had a hacker interrupting our daily life, which has put us back 6 days. So all posts from the past 6 days are lost.
Feel free to reintroduce yourself or ask any questions you might have, even if they were answered already before but you didn't have a chance to read the replies.
Araloth_the_Random
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2009 10:28
I was wondering what was going on - quite a few things I posted got deleted. Anyways, I'll just reintroduce myself. I'm seventeen and from Australia. I love LOTR and the Silmarillion, and I'm unique in that I read the trilogy first before seeing the movies - two years after they came out. Weird, huh? I also write LOTR fanfic, which is all posted on ff.net but should be appearing here pretty soon. I came across this site last week to read someone's fanfic and then joined up. I might add here that everyone here has been so receptive and really nice - I love you guys! :heart:
Joanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2009 03:53
Hi!
My name's Joanna and I'm seventeen. I live in Austria (only this schoolyear), so my english isn't that good. Of cours I like the tolkien books and the films. By now I'm trying to read the silmarillon on english. I came across this site while looking for pictures and I joined in. It's really great! espescially the humor section. good day to you! j.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: April 24, 2009 08:52
Hi Joanna :wave:, welcome to CoE.
I'm glad you enjoy our site, check out the forums some more and you will also get to meet our wonderful and friendly community!
Good luck with the Silmarillion, it's a wonderful book, I hope you'll like it.
I'm sure Merides (our Humor Admin) will be thrilled to see your compliment on her section .
Greetings,

Errandir of Gondolin
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2009 04:20
Hi and welcome, Joanna.

It's really cool that you live in Austria! I have cousins who are moving there.
I agree the humor section is fantastic. Glad to hear you're having a good time here.

Good luck on the Silmarillion!
~West
Araloth_the_Random
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2009 07:28
Hey there, Joanna - good luck with the Silmarillion. It's just about my favourite book and I'm hoping you'll like it too.
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2009 06:46
Hello Araloth_the_Random! Welcome to CoE. I hope we can become good friends. That's awesome that you live in Australia. I've always wanted to visit there.

Also hello to you, Joanna! It's nice to meet you. I'm Pippin_Luv but you may call me Krystal if you'd like. Krystal is my real name.
carolynny
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2009 10:35
Hey! Well my name is Carolyn and I live in Australia, was born in Canada, am 15 nearly 16 yayy.
I love the Lord of the Rings after just discovering it this year actually, still am reading the appendices and very much am intending on reading more of Tolkien's pieces
I've seen all the movies after reading each book lol, and loved them, especially the Two Towers
And I came across CoE as I was looking at learning Elvish, I just can't decide between Quenya or Sindarin haha, both however are beautiful.
I'm a complete LotR fanatic now thanks to a good friend that told me to read them.
Anyways I think thats enough lol. It'd be good to here from anyone wanting to chat
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: April 26, 2009 11:30
Hello and welcome Carolyn! Glad to have you with us .
I hope you'll enjoy our site and will make a lot of friends.
Many greetings,

Errandir of Gondolin
Joanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2009 06:29
Hi Carolyn!
The silmarillon is really great! I like austria too. Where do your cousins live??
thanks gondolinian for your help. I'll send you a message if I don't find any answers else where! J.
missRivendel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 06:13
Hello! My name is missRivendel, I'm a girl of seventeen years old
I live in Holland and am Dutch, so my English isn't always very well
about a year ago I came across CoE and I liked this site very much. now I've also decided to post on the forum
I am obsessed with two things, middle-earth and horses
the first began when I was 14 and bored. My father gave me the fellowship, at first I thought 'no, not again a strange book form my father' but after a few pages I couldn't stop with reading
after a few months I did also see the movies
if anybody likes to pm me, feel free
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 07:13
Welcome to Rivendel,Miss!

Sorry,I couldn't help myself I'm Tooky(or Lucy,I keep forgetting I can go by that on CoE),a very random hobbit who tends to stay in her realm(Vana,check out the realms,they're great!

Enjoy your stay!
missRivendel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 07:23
haha thank you!
yes I will check them, I've already thought about making the realms quiz
Joanna
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 06:28
Hi! welcome missrivendel!
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 08:27

I'm sure Merides (our Humor Admin) will be thrilled to see your compliment on her section .
Oh, most certainly so!

And a big warm welcome to our newest members! It is wonderful to see all of you here on CoE! Araloth, love the username... we should all be a bit more random! Joanna, Miss Rivendell, great to see you one here! And Lucy, thanks for mentioning realms- I agree wholeheartedly, they are a great part of this site! *mumbleRealmOfMandosmumble*
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 11:12
Hello and welcome missRivendel *bows to the miss* . Glad to have you with us.
I hope you'll find a realm that suits you, but they're all run by wonderful people so no matter where you end up, you'll be warmly welcomed. Take care and enjoy the site!

Errandir of Gondolin
missRivendel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2009 06:02
thanks for welcoming me!
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2009 03:11
Welcome all you newbies! hope y'all have fun! Hey missRivendel, sounds like me! horses and middle earth! Rock on and Welcome!

Greeting m'Lord Gondolinian! I seemed to have dissapeared from this corner of CoE for awhile! :blush: nice to see ya again! :wave:
Give me a horse and watch me fly!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: May 08, 2009 01:28
Hi 7hot_feanorians , haven't seen you in a while indeed. I'm glad you came back to say hello to our newbies, they can use a friendly face and a kind word. So to all other members as well: don't hesitate to drop in once in a while and welcome our new members!

Errandir of Gondolin
MaidenofRain
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2009 03:58
Hello! You can call me Lycie! I am near 16 and I live in USA But I'd rather live in the shire! I love LOTR and I've read all of them and watched the movies. I am sooo excited for The Hobbit. I actually found this site through NarniaWeb. (I also am insane about Narnia)
This is an awesome site!
-Lycie
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: May 08, 2009 06:51
Hi MaidenofRain :wave:, welcome to CoE!
I prefer living in the Shire too, I hope I'll one day make it to New Zealand, perhaps even for a longer period of time. To me that's the perfect representation of the Shire.
Thanks for the compliment, we're very proud of it and now you can be too, since you're a member as well .
Greetings!

Errandir of Gondolin
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2009 03:22
Greetings MaidenofRain! glad you enjoy the site! good luck and have fun! :wave: lol! New Zealand sounds good to me! (lots of horses :drool: )

It's good to be back...I've been feeling a little nostalgic of late. although...i wouldn't exactly say that my avatar is the friendliest face around but please, no one get scared (i don't bite )
PippinIncarnate
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2009 01:43
since the personal message i reccieved told me to introduce myself, i decided i would.

my name is PippinIncarnate and the government says im 19, but the government has a long track record of being wrong.

i live in a town called Beau-Fleuve, well, at least that's what the french settlers who founded it named it in the 18th century. it has a different name now. it snows A LOT here. and i love it.

i've been ghosting around CoE since abut 2003, but only decided to actually make an account here a few days ago.
lastly, my interest in Tolkien is a long and complicated one. starting with my mom who had a cat named gandalf when i was little, and then read the hobbit to me when i was 6. i didn't really become hopeless until i was 14.

oh yeah, and fanart is my heroin.

WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2009 01:58
Hi, PippinIncarnate! :wave: Glad you decided to make an account here.

That's really cool, that your mom helped get you into Tolkien. My parents mostly just think I'm crazy.

Hope you have a great time here!
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 11, 2009 02:30
Hey, PippinIncarnate! Welcome to the world on the other side of the ... um ... whatever it is that separates the guests from the members ... well, welcome!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: May 11, 2009 09:49
Hello PippinIncarnate , good to see you join after being here for a while. It took me a year too before I joined after discovering the site, but it was too good to resist .
Make yourself comfortable, enjoy the site!

Errandir of Gondolin
PippinIncarnate
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2009 04:37
yayyyyy! *dances about* its great to be so welcomed!

thank you everyone ^^
Nagzz
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2009 11:29
Hiii My name is Nagzz; I'm 15 & live in the U.S. I'm kinda.. well, as my dad puts it, "mad" about LOTR.. about two years ago I watched the films and I was all "these are amazing" so I read the books as well.. and got myself *quite* hooked.. (hehe).. apart from LOTR my life revolves mostly around reading, writing, my friends, and my cousins.. so yeah
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: May 13, 2009 11:55
Hello Nagzz, welcome to CoE. I can only hope you'll enjoy your membership and will find our community a cozy place to hang out.

Errandir of Gondolin
Loslote
Send Message
on: May 13, 2009 02:26
Hi, Nagzz! Feel free to play games, or discuss the books or movies, or just hang out with the rest of us Tolkienites!
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2009 02:44
Hello Nagzz! :wave: good luck and have lots of fun on here! you can always pm me if you ever want to chit-chat (i'm like the queen! ) Have fun!
MereChristian
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2009 04:13
Hello all. I'm MereChristian. I've thought about joining here for a while, and a friend from NWeb suggested I come, and so I'm here. I really enjoy this place, but compared to NWeb and many other sites, it's so huge that it's rather intimidating.

I bid you all adieu.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: May 13, 2009 10:27
Hi MereChristian. Welcome to our site. Don't be scared by our huge site and community, we've got tiny corners and spots too where you can peacefully talk and browse if the big croud is too noisy for you at times .
Greetings, enjoy the site.

Errandir of Gondolin
Loslote
Send Message
on: May 15, 2009 02:41
Hey, MereChristian! You are welcome here. Have fun!
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email