Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3940414243
Author Topic:
Tharngoth
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: January 24, 2013 08:41
Hello there, I'm a new one around. I just found this wonderful website by looking for Tolkien's resources over the web. I am a roleplay gamer and I'm about to start a campaing in The one ring RPG. I was looking for historical resources of the third age, just in between the Hobbit book and the war of the ring to add up some spices to my lore mastering. You'll se me around once ina while saying hi!
ElwingLuthienCalmacacil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2013 08:08
Hi everyone! I'm ElwingLuthienCalmacacil, for lack of a better name . I've been a LotR fan since my sister, cousin and I were little girls playing around with sticks for swords. We memorized every line of the movies, and when I found this site, so many years later, I was very excited. I'm currently learning Sindarin, as well as German :3, and I love talking to people who share similar interests as my self. Message me if you want to be friends Love always, Elwing
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2013 06:48
Welcome Thargoth and Elwing! Glad You guys decided to join us over here! Enjoy!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 27, 2013 01:11
Welcome, Tharngoth and Elwing.

Tharngoth, you may want to check out Elrond's Library (on the upper left corner) for tons of info about LoTR. Enjoy roaming.

Elwing, Have you persuaded your sisters to join too? *smiles* I would love to learn German myself. I know random words but that's about it. Hope you have fun with you Sindarin.

Enjoy and carry on!
Bereth, RPG Moderator
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Polster
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2013 03:12
I'm Polly, I'm 15, and I live in the UK. I've never been part of a forum or a fan website at all really, so this is all new to me.
I'm really glad to have found such an extensive website all about Middle-Earth and Tolkien; I read the books for the first time last year, and recently I've become more and more interested in the Lord of the Rings and the like. I'm planning to reread them soon, and then attempt the Silmarillion
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: January 27, 2013 04:28
Welcome to COE Polly, from the UK like me. I hope you enjoy The Silmarillion. There's plenty of help in the books forum if you need it. Have fun here.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: January 27, 2013 01:31
Hello and welcome, Findemaxam48, Tharngoth, ElwingLuthienCalmacacil and Polster! And thank you for introducing yourselves .

Findemaxam48, good luck with your Sindarin lessons! You’ll find many other students in the Elvish forums, go check them out if you can!
Tharngoth, you’ll find kindred spirits and fellow gamers in the RPG forum. If you’re into fanfic, we also have a great section on that! And our encyclopedia will try to fill whatever gap you have in your historical info of the third age.
ElwingLuthienCalmacacil, good luck to you too with those language courses. Any particular reason for learning German?
A special welcome to you Polly! It’s always a bit special to join your first forum. CoE was my first one too, by the way . No need to worry, we have a great community with a lot of friendly, helpful people. Don’t hesitate to ask me anything if you need some help or have questions.

Enjoy being part of this site!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Grizzwald
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2013 08:21
Hi! Justin, male, 26. Live in Australia, big fan of LoTR and The Hobbit. Hope to learn more about it and expand my knowledge of Middle Earth here.

Cheers!

tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: January 29, 2013 03:34
Welcome to COE Grizzwald. There's another Ozzite here I think. Lord_Sauron is it? Anyway we're all Middle Earthers so have fun.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 29, 2013 12:24
Welcome Justin. We have many members from Australia, but also from ... basically all over the world . So dive right in and enjoy this community!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 29, 2013 12:44
This thread is full and locked. It will be moved to the newbies archives in a few days.

All new introductions should go into the new thread!
<< First3940414243
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email