Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
Post Does Anyone Remember Laughter? [Or, In Which 2 Old CoE Admins say Hola!]
on: May 04, 2009 08:18
Some of you may remember our names. To the rest, perhaps we're just those mythical beings who created the Humor Section ages ago. I guess we were like the Valar, only less sparkly.

[Trig adds: Speak for yourself, I am a sparkly beast. I'm like a disco ball with legs often confused with the North Star...though I guess that's more twinkly than out and out sparkly...]

Yes, indeed. Trignifty and Ringhilwen are here!

If you don't know us, take a look around the Humor Section and read things like The Bachelorette of Middle Earth [hi, Riv], Gollum For Governor [who remembers when that article crashed the site? Anyone? That was a fun day] and As Middle Earth Turns. Plus we did a lot of other stuff we can't really remember. We both joined the site in 2002, joined the staff a little bit later, and stepped down in 2006/2007.

But heck, we're still friends creating funny projects together!

We're stopping by to say hello because it's been a while, but we do drop by the site occasionally to laugh at the things we've written and see what's new.

And we wanted to say hello to those around the forums who were here back in our day [HELLO FIRST AGERS!].

:heart:

[Edited on 5/5/2009 by Ringhilwen]
Trignifty
Ruler and Court Jester of Planet Awesome
Send Message
Post RE: Does Anyone Remember Laughter? [Or, In Which 2 Old CoE Admins say Hola!]
on: May 04, 2009 08:26
Yeeeup yup yup.

OH DUDE YOU GUYS STILL HAVE MY FAVORITE SMILEY FACE.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

...muahahaha...

But yeah, we'd been talking about the site and thought we'd drop in and see what's shakin' and what's bakin' (and I helped! --If you don't get that reference, I am way too old). And the site looks pretty good. We're currently hashing out ideas for extensions on Bach and As Middle Earth Turns but life is slower now than it used to be (or...faster? Less time? Something or other).

Any rate, we wanted to say a very warm hiya how y'all doin' to the folks we didn't really know and..y'know..the ones we did. Thought this could be a nice 'ZOMG, you're still ALIVE?!' thread. Hopefully..it..accomplishes that...without being too......failure-y. I'm good at failure though. It's one of my quirks.

But mostly we want to hear from folksies who were our nearest and dearest or hey, newer people, I'm always up for meeting folks..Or people who didn't like us. Or people who kinda thought we had funny handles...I mean HERS makes sense because it's Elvishy but I don't know what a trignifty is...

PS...they grin in unison. They give me the fear. Ohhhh Teh Fearz.

[Edited on 5/5/2009 by Trignifty]

[Edited on 5/5/2009 by Trignifty]
Ringhilwen
Send Message
Post RE: Does Anyone Remember Laughter? [Or, In Which 2 Old CoE Admins say Hola!]
on: May 04, 2009 08:30
Or people who kinda thought we had funny handles...I mean HERS makes sense because it's Elvishy but I don't know what a trignifty is...

A trignifty is a funny little forum creature who never ever changed her avatar on CoE. NOT ONCE. :love: How many people could claim that in 7 years?
Trignifty
Send Message
on: May 04, 2009 08:39
Actually I think I changed it once for a couple of days when everyone put the bunny.....ears....on...theirs....
Ringhilwen
Send Message
on: May 04, 2009 08:41
when everyone put the bunny.....ears....on...theirs...

Are you saying there's something wrong with the bunny ears?
Trignifty
Send Message
on: May 04, 2009 08:51
...mabbeh...

Or I was just noting that clearly you already know what I'm talking about with the bunny ears. :love:
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 02:39
Trig! Ring! Yay! Thought you'd both sailed off to Aman! *squishes you both* So good to hear from you! Wow... What a blast from the past. And yes, I DO remember "Shake and Bake" and lot of other "old" stuff. Wow again... Are you coming back again? It would be so good to have you both back every once in awhile. :love:

p.s. I never changed my avatar either in all the years I've been here.

[Edited on 5/5/2009 by BelleBayard]
Trignifty
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 04:25
HEY BELLE!

p.s. I never changed my avatar either in all the years I've been here.

And doesn't it feel good to know that if nothing else you stuck to your roots an an awesomely awesome way?

I imagine time'll tell on the back stuff. I'd hate to be like YEAH I'M SOOO BACK and then...no one ever hears from me again. But I would pop in a lot over the years, just wouldn't say anything. Even wrote a term paper in college on COE.
Ringhilwen
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 05:24
Are you coming back again? It would be so good to have you both back every once in awhile. :love:

Hey Belle!! *pounces on and hugs* How's the family?

I don't know about coming back, but the two of us really have been stopping by from time to time to relive all the old days. Plus, Trigs and I are closer now than we were even during our days here [she can never get rid of me, it's hilarious]. And it's great to see some familiar faces around the forums!

Now that I moved, have a steady job and whatnot, I have more time to stop by from time to time. I never left "fandom" [I just mostly hang out on Livejournal now]...so we'll have to see!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 05:53
Hey!! Great to see yall back!

When I first came here (which wasn't that long ago...), I always wondered about that person with the bunny-eared Haldir...

so, what's the story?

I have to say one time i went through all the humor and I enjoyed reading some of that stuff yall put out! Hilarious.
Trignifty
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 09:44

so, what's the story?

Depends on which story you'd like. I tell a mean Little Red Riding Hood, no joke. And thank you for the kind words about our work in Ze Humah Sekshun. Really was a labor of love for us and turned out to be one of the better things we were ever part of on the site which leads me to...

(see I'm using transitions. Oooooh..)

Trigs and I are closer now than we were even during our days here [she can never get rid of me, it's hilarious]

Just this morning I was woken at 7:15 by a texty message from Ringer. Well. And the dog scratching on my door.. but i loves my Ringer, never wants to get rid of her. Nopenopenope. We're like...Merry and Pippin only I don't think either of us care for hobbits. Nor are we short. Nor live in small hills. I think between the two of us we're a lil smarter than M&P...or maybe Merry OR Pippin. Like..if we pooled our brain cells we could take down one.

Pack behavior. It's the bees knees.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 10:17
IT'S THE VALAR!

Nope,I'm wayyy to new to have met you guys,just like I'm not old enough to have met a Vala...most hobbits aren't,come to think of it...

And it doesn't take much to take down Pip's IQ as far as the movie goes,but leave my book Pip's brain alone,please all powerful former humor mods(or valar or wizards of elves or whatever...)
Ringhilwen
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 10:19
Just this morning I was woken at 7:15 by a texty message from Ringer.

And it was important, was it not? You didn't actually have to ANSWER it that early, you know.

so, what's the story?

With the ears? There was one point where all the Admins had bunny ears on their avatars as a joke [M started it!] and I thought, you know, Haldir would look AMAZING with bunny ears all the time. Plus, it's funny and a good way to mark the really crazy people on the forums. And I won't lie, most of my old avatars were versions of Orlando Bloom looking like a pretty pretty princess, so this was something different.

[Edited on 5/5/2009 by Ringhilwen]
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 10:21
:wave: Very cool to see you guys around again!
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 12:28
Hi, Valar! I always admired you guys even though I had no idea who you were. These are the downsides to being in first grade when LotR first came out, I guess.

I love your stories in the Elrond's Lost and Found section. They're hilarious.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 12:42
Well, i have to agree, the bunny-ear fashion goes well with Haldir.... :rolling:
BelleBayard
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 03:48
Heh... Lots happening, you two. Son is 21 now, still at home, unemployed and going to community college. Job outlook pretty bleak. Daughter went to vet tech school in Denver (Belrae ala Animal Planet), settled there, got married to Bragoleth and now has an almost 3 y/o little girl. I'm finishing up my Master's in Nursing and hunkering down here in San Diego. Got property in the wilds of Colorado, but it's just vacant land currently so not sure when or if we'll move there.

Yes, bunny ears... I remember it... I think it was M who had the original ones and then you decided it would be great if all the staff had them. LOL... What a hoot!

Have missed you greatly.
Trignifty
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 04:05
Yeah, I feel for Ach. I'm 22 now, almost 23, got my bachelor's degree from UCSD in Communication and there's...not a lot of work to be had. I was working for a post-production facility in Burbank for awhile as an intern but that didn't pan out so well. I take the LSAT next month though, so with any luck law school is on the horizon.

I got an email awhile back (probably about three years now) from FFNH talking about her intention to get married, I believe. One of those blanket 'hey, here's how we're doing' emails. Either that or I heard it from Mike (VoS)...hm.

EDIT: to...WestoftheMoon58 THANK YOU.

Oh man, I found a story I'd written a long time ago that I honestly don't remember writing. It's pretty awful..

[Edited on 5/6/2009 by Trignifty]
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 04:51
*gush begins*

Trignifty! Ringhilwen!

I bow before thy ultimate wisdom and Valar-ness and silly randomness that so thoroughly exceeds my pitiful Maia-ness!

It is so wonderful to see you two around the forums again! I have had hours and hours of laughter reading (and reorganizing a bit!) the Humor Section that you two created- kudos! Also, Trig, having been made leader of Mandos, it is wonderful build on that foundation...

I digress. It is wonderful to see you two around again, and I hope we can be in contact soon!
Trignifty
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 10:00
*gush begins*

Trignifty! Ringhilwen!

I bow before thy ultimate wisdom and Valar-ness and silly randomness that so thoroughly exceeds my pitiful Maia-ness!

You know it's funny, I always considered myself an elf/nazgul...thing. Probably more Nazgul than anything (that's why Lt. of Barad Dur is all over Bach. He might have been my favorite LOTR character...seriously. Disses Aragorn, disses Gandalf and they completely get him wrong in the movie. Can you ASK for a better love interest?)

And I'm glad you like what we did. Every so often I make Ring email me all the stuff we did considering my computer that had all that got very very wiped. And like I said there, I'm really happy with how Mandos turned out. I should look and see if they still have the quiz. I wrote that too...I doubt it. Not sure it was a fantastic quiz anyways...

And I'd love to speak with you sometime. I would PM you now except..it being...the evening of cinco de mayo...I really shouldn't be on a computer being as I barely know my own name. But few typos right? I know. My fingers don't communicate with my brain when I type. Which is AWESOME.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 04:16
Now, look what the cat dragged in.

Hope the two of you will let hear about yourself a bit more often!
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 02:33
Heeeeyyyyy! Long time no see!
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 05:15
Wow,Trignifty and Ringhilwen. I thought they were only a legend. Do you think you could ever finish The Bachelorette? I have a lot of fun reading it. :heart:
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 05:24
oh yes pleeeease could yall finish that?? I had such a fun time reading it, adn then it never ended! :cry:
Trignifty
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 06:52
Uh....haha....

We could try to finish the Bachelorette. I really can't make any promises at all. I'm knee deep in studying for the LSAT and Ring's working like...fourteen and a half jobs (No joke, she's awesome like that.) Plus it's sorta weird trying to pick it up now having been out of the mindset of it for years and years. But...if it's possible we'll try. Like..cuz the way we always wrote Bach was conversationally, it's not like she takes part of it and I take part of it, it's 100% collaboration and getting us both in the same place same time is tough anymore.

BUT NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Aowyn and Morwinyoniel (dude I kept trying to type that from memory and I just can't do it.):

HI HI HI HI HI HI HI. I got pretty excited you two still around. How's tricks you two? Hope all is well!
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 07, 2009 05:44
Woah - Ringhilwen and Trignifty! Your stories are awesome! *fawns over legendary humor mods for a few more minutes*

I totally agree with star and Eruce - the Bachlorette was incredible, and I was so sad when it didn't end!
Ringhilwen
Send Message
on: May 08, 2009 09:17
I thought they were only a legend.

Trignifty is real. I'm only a legend.
BelleBayard
Send Message
on: May 08, 2009 03:44
Hehehee... If you're a legend, what does that make me? I'm one of the originals here, too. LOL! How's your mom, Ring? I remember meeting you two at con a few years back. That was such a cool thing we did.
Trignifty
Send Message
on: May 08, 2009 05:41
Trignifty is real. I'm only a legend.

Not entirely true, I'm actually an urban legend.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: May 09, 2009 05:34
If you two (three... Belle) are legends, does that make me your groupie? Because I have been following, collecting, cataloging, re-reading (and re-re-re-reading) your writing for about 6 months now...
Trignifty
Send Message
on: May 09, 2009 11:51
You can be a band-aid. And we shall call you Penny Lane and keep you away from quaaludes. And it shall be awesome.
Ringhilwen
Send Message
on: May 13, 2009 04:01
Hehehee... If you're a legend, what does that make me? I'm one of the originals here, too. LOL! How's your mom, Ring? I remember meeting you two at con a few years back. That was such a cool thing we did.

She's doing really well - has her own great shop now and we both moved away from Maine down to sunnier and warmer climates

You're a legend too, clearly!
theVoiceofSauron
Rumours Forum Moderator & Lieutenant of Barad-Dur
Send Message
Reviving a 10-year-old thread for kicks!

Hey anyone and everyone - especially to those that were here a long, long time ago (wrong universe, I know) it's crazy to think we've reached that stage with the internet but I kinda lived out my formative years on this site in its infancy, my god SEVENTEEN years ago, ugh! I stop in every few years but until now couldn't remember my password lol

Would be nice to catch up if any of the old-timers are still around.

-Mike (Vossy!)

Edit: it appears that my, fuzzy - even for 2002, avatar has been destroyed so I guess I'll have to get a new one finally :/

[Edited on 09/04/2019 by theVoiceofSauron]
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
I've been here since 2005, so I think I could be considered an old timer. I remember when we still had personal websites and could choose the website theme (mind was the dark blue theme with Elrond), as well as when the Realms were still active.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
starofdunedain said:I've been here since 2005, so I think I could be considered an old timer. I remember when we still had personal websites and could choose the website theme (mind was the dark blue theme with Elrond), as well as when the Realms were still active.

Actually, the "Realm of Vairë the Weaver" is still reasonably active, often more so than the rest of the site (the original correct spelling Vairë got messed up by the last hack).
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email