Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Ranger costume.
on: June 14, 2009 06:39
My Ranger costume is 99.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9% finished. Here are some pics on the photo gallary on my site. http://thelordoftheringsthetwohunters.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=5889134. My Dad took them this morning at my local wood, some of them are trully amazing.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Lady_Rotherane
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Ranger costume.
on: June 14, 2009 10:30
It looks good! What else is needed for it to be finished?
Aran_Quendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2009 02:38
O love how you have your little sister in it!! That is so awesome, my little sisters love doing stuff like that. Nice costume by the way!! Hope things go well with you, are you filming a fanfilm??? Oh, and for decently priced replica swords, check out

http://damagedsword.com/main.sc
http://www.wholesalesword.com

Both of the above sites have good prices on decent replica's, they are usually under $30.

Good Luck!!!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 14, 2009 04:35
your ranger castume is marvelous! amazing! *cries* I want one!!! :cry:

keep up the good work.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2009 08:10
Thankyou all for your kind comments!

Yes I am filming a fanfilm, just go on my site and to the new 'Story' page to read what its about.

As for what else I need... Hmmmn A small knife/dagger some bigger, better arrows and Ranger boots which I have now made with my Dad out of some old shoes and a leather jackets sleaves. see them here: http://thelordoftheringsthetwohunters.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=5945097

And thanks Aran_Quendi, I'll have a look on those sites now!

Thansk again guys for all your encouragement!
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Aran_Quendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2009 04:57
No problem! Wow!! Neat design with the old shoes, they look good, I hope the sites help!!! Anyway, good luck and keep us posted on how things are going!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hey!

I'm making a Ranger cloak. I know a forest or really dark green for color but what kind of fabric? Something heavy but real heavy, and still light, not fleece or something like that.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I think fleece would be your best option, Cenor. Warm, and you can always buy two cuts of the fabric and sew them on top of each other. Other fabrics would be too thin.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Do you have a fabric shop like Jo-Ann nearby? Go there and be prepared to spend several hours looking and touching all the fabrics. There are so many it can be mind-boggling so stay for a long time and look at all of it. A light weight wool might be considered but you will not know until you go and look and touch the fabric.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Okay thanks! I want something that looks like the movie's cloaks so that's why I said no to fleece. We have a Jo-Ann I'm not sure about nearby by near enough.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
You could always check online. Stores only carry basic colors.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Another option would be to get one fabric for the outside and one for the inside of the cloak. I would get a sturdy fabric for the outer layer to fend off the elements and use a softer and warmer cloth for the inner layer. You may not have to go that far if you don't need it to really be functional. If I had a cloak like that I would use it in place of a winter coat.

Oh, and Maxie's suggestion is a good one. However, it would be advisable to go to the store first and find a specific brand and type of fabric you like before looking online. You need to know what the fabric looks and feels like so you know what you're buying when you go online.

[Edited on 11/06/2014 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mine would need to be extra thick, to make me impervious to the snow! Nut I will attempt to make one, maybe I will crochet one and let you all know how that goes five years from now.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Chris, you never cease to amaze me. You're great at drawing, photography, and at making costumes. Absolutely amazed. Great job!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Eruwestiel_Evensong said:Another option would be to get one fabric for the outside and one for the inside of the cloak.

Haha, tell that to my budget, it sounds like a good plan though and I might see what I can scrap together. We have a fabric...and now I can't remember the name...that's pretty thick but has that good Ranger cloak look.

@Maxie I crocheted a baby blanket for my first nephew...then it was for my second nephew...then it was for my third nephew...then I got emotionally attached to the thing and kept it. It starts out at the top small then gradually gets bigger so I use it as a cloak in the house. It's amazing how a blanket with so many holes can be so warm.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I will make one someday, but I am backed up in projects because of Christmas. I am crocheting all of the dwarves and the three Elves and Gandalf and...lets just say all of the characters from AUJ and DoS for my little sister.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I know I'm fourteen years too late, but should you drift by again Aragorn, check out the Middle Earth Rangers site. They cover everything Rangers, be they northern Dunedain or Ithilien.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email