Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
lksmart
Council Member
Send Message
Post LotR Artists/Writers Wanted!
on: June 26, 2009 10:44
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum, but I was looking around here I noticed some of the great artwork and writings.

I do have my own site: http://www.lksmart.webs.com/

That being said, I was wondering if anyone here would want their orignial art/writing featured on my page. It's not an LotR page specifically, just a personal page. But I'm hoping to get some content on there, since my site is actually only two weeks old.

Which means that as of right now it has very little content and only three members!! But after I have the content that I want, I'll start putting the effort out to make the site much more popular (which will be easier with more content!!)

I'm definately facinated by anything involving LotR (have been for years), and as this is a personal site, that means that it's about things that I like. I want to have several sections up for LotR alone that have loads of art, fan fiction, poems, etc for the world Tolkien created.

If you have something of that nature, that is your own work!!!, reply to this post!!! And then we'll go from there!
lksmart
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: LotR Artists/Writers Wanted!
on: June 27, 2009 03:14
I also wanted to mention that, as of right now, I have no LotR content, so there is no page for it on the navigation bar. I do have the page already set up, though.

http://www.lksmart.webs.com/lotr.htm

That's the page where I'll have my LotR content... So, if anyone has anything (fan art OR fan fiction) of their own making, either post me a message here or email me at [email protected]...

Thanks!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 29, 2009 03:05
I have a few pictures I could let you use.

You might want to PM swabbythewhite... he has some really good artwork that is just fantabulous.
lksmart
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2009 04:13
That would be wonderful! How would you like to send me the pictures you'd be willing to let me use? And are they your own work? If so, then I will make sure that you are credited (as I never post someone's work without their permission)... I will also list your site (if you have one) above the section with your work on it.

As for swabbythewhite, do you mean to PM him here on The Council?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 29, 2009 04:20
yes, PM swabbythewhite here on Council. I do believe he has his own website, but I don't know what it is.

And i don't have a website for my artwork, though I have made lots of LOTR graphics, such as avatars and banners. You can see them, here. Did you want that kind of stuff too?

And for my artwork, you have my permission to use these:

Aragorn and Brego

Arwen and Asfaloth

Arwen

Galadriel
lksmart
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2009 05:05
Thanks for the artwork! They look really good. I especially like the one of Galadriel. I'll use that one and the one of aragorn on brego and arwen on glorfindel's horse (can't remember the spelling for his name). I really liked the horses on those two. The one of just Arwen looked a bit strange to me (i think it was the eyes), and not quiet the quaility I was looking for. The others though, are done very well, and I'd be glad to have them on my site.

And I'll make sure to PM swabbythewhite. What name would you like me to put on your artwork? As in "by YOUR NAME" ???
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 29, 2009 05:20
Erucenindë from COE is fine. And you are welcome.
Lady_Rotherane
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2009 05:59
I have a few pictures too. How would you like them?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 30, 2009 10:43
wow, that person named Tonya on your website is really good lksmart. I feel embarressed to put up some of my stuff. :blush:

nice site.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: June 30, 2009 11:14
I would be willing to let you use some of my artwork, as long as you keep to the copyrights, of course. You can say everything's (c) Merides. I'm currently working on some new pieces, but here's what I have in the LotR fanart gallery for now. If you would, please encourage people to go to my DA account, as well. Thanks.
lksmart
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2009 08:36
Erucenindë,
I haven't put your art up yet, but I already have them saved on my computer and they will probably be up at the end of this evening. I spent all day yesterday rearranging the way the site is done, so it's more organized.

Merides,
I looked at your DA art, and it's very good. The ones I've decided to use are of Arwen, Aragorn, the oliphaunt, the horse, and one of the ones of Frodo. Redirecting to your DA page won't be a problem. There will be a link above your artwork as well as in the Links page. And I will make sure that you are credited. Though, when you say you want to keep it copyrighted, I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want me to put a copyright symbol on the artwork, or next to your name?

Lady_Rotherane,
If you could give me a link as to where your artwork is kept so I can take a look, it would be helpful. If you don't have your artwork on the internet though, and just on your computer, then send me an email with them as attachments. Send them to [email protected] ... that's THE HEART OF LEGOLAS @ YAHOO.COM without the spaces... Make sure to mention if you have a website that you want me to post a link for and the name you want me to use for your work. Also, if there are any other special requests (such as a dedication).

Thank you all so much for being so willing to contribute your work to my site! If anyone has any LotR Fan Fiction (doesn't matter what it is), let me know! I'm getting to the point where I'm at least making a dent in the Fan Art, but I have absolutely NO FAN FICTION!

Thanks again guys!! Your work is wonderful!:heart:

[Edited on 1/7/2009 by lksmart]
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: July 01, 2009 11:46
Have you considered looking in the Fan Creations section of this site for Fan Fics? We have several good ones, and you could most certainly PM the authors and see if they'd let you use their works!

As far as keeping to the copyrights, I simply meant to make sure you credit me. That's all.
lksmart
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2009 09:23
Erucenindë,
Your art is now up on the page. Go to http://www.lksmart.webs.com/lotr.htm and browse around to check it out.

Merides,
Your art is also up. Go to http://www.lksmart.webs.com/lotr.htm and browse around to check it out. Your link is posted above your work. I also plan to post your DA page on the Links page too, but I need to know if you have any specific description in mind.
legolasprincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2009 06:10
Sweet! I make graphics... here's a link to my photobucket:

http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv92/krazylotrgirl/

If you're looking for LotR stuff, the majority of my LotR graphics are on the next page, but it's also older, so not as good... idk, it's your call.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email