Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Post Action Figures
on: July 17, 2009 12:41
I was thinking, since there are so many other fan films being made, what does everyone think of an action figure parody?
I have absolutley no knowledge of filming, just a lot of action figures and a lot of time. I just think it'd be a lot of fun to do. What do you think?

[Edited on 21/6/2011 by ~nólemë~]
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Action Figures
on: July 17, 2009 03:17
That could be really fun! I've never heard of anyone doing that before (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), but that's a really cool idea!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2009 11:58
Yeah sounds really cool! I trided it once, by holding the figures without the camera seeing my hands but it didn't work.

So I left it, but what you could do is 'stop animation' its making a film by taking 1000s of pictures and puting them all togeting and playing them throuh fast. I've done it with some Playmobil knights before. However it takes ages, the more pictures you take, the beter the film will be. But if you have lots of time on your hands you could turn out something really good! All you need is a good digitle camera that can focus upon the small faces of the lotr action figures and windows movie maker or some kind of editing program.

hope this helps, and good luck!

Chris.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2009 10:30
Thanks for the idea! I tried a couple 'short' demos with an uruk-hai and it seems to work well. This is gonna take a lot of pictures.
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2009 10:43
Cool! I was actually thinking about that the other day.

I saw a couple videos on YouTube with action figures acting out part of a book. What that person did was either film the figure standing there, or showed the top half while moving the bottom of the figure. I don't know if the dialog was recorded while filming, or added later.

What I was thinking about doing was filming the figures doing some scene from the movies and adding sound clips on the computer, rather than coming up with a story for the characters and doing that because my girl voice would probably sound weird doing the guy voices.

I'd say go for it--that sounds really cool! Are you planning on coming up with a story, or using one you've already seen or read?
My blog ensanguining the skies. how heavily it dies. into the west away; past touch and sight and sound. not further to be found, how hopeless under ground. falls the remorseful day.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2009 01:38
I'm going to go by the books and replicate most of the scences from the movies, but I'm going to add and change things, like Tom Bombadil, the Barrow Downs, Glorfindel, no elves at helm's deep, the Scouring of the Shire, Frodo and Sam stay together in Shelob's Lair.
You know what, I'm going to use the CoE member website and set up everything.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2009 07:42
Wow sounds like this could be really good. Yeah it will take 1000000s of photos but the more you take the better. You must have a lot of lotr action figs if you plan on doing helms deep!
good luck and tell us when you get a website up!

By the way if you want a bit better website than the coe go to :
www.webs.com

Its where my site is hosted, it does give you more options than than the coe one
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2011 10:05
Just a silly thing I did a few years ago, with a toy Legolas and a toy Will.

Another one, after somebody suggest that they say this too:

I wonder if I should summit this to the CoE humor section? What do you think?
glamdring22
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2011 10:06
I like Bloom as Turner better!

The pictures ard funny!
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2011 10:06
Thanks!
I often think of making more using some of my other little collectibles but for sadly my mind is blank. For now Will and Legolas will just sit happily next to my computer screen...though Will keeps falling over -has he been hitting the rum lately?
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Action Figures
on: January 06, 2013 02:32
gonna try that
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Action Figures
on: February 20, 2013 05:00
I think Orlando is a better pirate then an elf. he looks like pirate. i have some action figures i could do this with. fun!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email