Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
Post Constructed Languages
on: August 01, 2009 02:57
I was wondering if anyone had any conlangs they would like to share. I just want to see the basics of every conlang to get ideas for mine.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Constructed Languages
on: August 02, 2009 01:25
Well, I think I tried to start one, but never finished.
I do have a sort of thought gesture language of my own, probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me.
Do you want some help making one? Or did you just need ideas?
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2009 04:40
I was looking for ideas to help make mine more unique instead of a copy of English. I also wanted to see other people's conlangs just for the fun of it.
lady_of_the_ring
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2009 11:03
For a lot of examples, try Googling 'conlang'. There are sites all over the net where people post their conlangs. Also, try Googling for conlang guides; there are plenty of those, as well.

So, exactly what kind of examples are you looking for? Basic phrases, or examples of how we built the conlang?
Rinion_Eldandil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2009 03:29
I am in the midst of creating a conlang
and my advice is to lay out the basic parts of speech; gather together related words so as to make them similar; make verb conjugations regular and define endings for every form (do reasearch to make sure you have all of them) and experiment with adding or leaving out parts so as to make your conlang unique. When you lay out the logistics then comes the fun part: make up sounds to which you assign meaning that do not sound like gibberish or slightly modified english (my advice is to study lots of languages to see the patterns and similarities between different languages.)

anyway, if you have questions ask me; I would love to answer them.

PS: check out http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Subjects&file=index&req=viewpage&pageid=144, it has great tips to start on your conlang.

[Edited on 23/11/2009 by Rinion_Eldandil]
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2010 06:39
I'm also playing with conlanging now. My idea is to develop a language like what might be used by the Time Lords from the TV show "Doctor Who". When you have a time travel culture, the verbs need some weird tenses.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email