Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LilySprings
Council Member
Send Message
Post Paper or keyboard?
on: August 23, 2009 03:01
Not sure if this belongs in this forum; if it doesn't feel free to delete it.

I was just wondering, would you rather type you're story on keyboard or write on paper.

Honestly I like typing better because for one my hand writing stinks lol.

Also it gets the words out faster so I don't lose my train of thought by the time I get to the part.
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Paper or keyboard?
on: August 23, 2009 03:40
I like the keyboard better, too. The hand-writing thing, but also, my first drafts are never very good, so typing makes it easier to revise.
Elioclya
Lady of Ithilien
Send Message
on: August 23, 2009 09:58
I tend to type my stories too. Occasionally I'll do a short story first draft by hand, and when I do I find that the words do flow pretty well, but it's mostly a convenience thing - typing is much easier. And it doesn't hurt so much when you've been writing for hours. But for short periods of time, there is something very romantic about the idea of writing by hand.
IndilwenLanathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2010 06:21
I used to write out all my stories by hand but I write so fast my hand writing gets sloppy and my hand starts hurting. So, about a month ago (maybe less) I started typing them into my laptop. Another thing I like about typing when ever I get inspiration to write I want to write to get that inspiration out. But if I type it the inspiration keeps coming
Ish berry weird.
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2011 06:32
Keyboard for me all the way.

~Frodo (the Second)
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
I like to write my stories by hand first, rather than keyboard. But editing is always easier on a computer!
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I write mine out in composition books. I have...78, now, i believe? I dont know, I started writing when I was in fourth grade and I am not a sophomore in high school. I may be like that because technology wasnt as big when I was younger. But, as a result of writing everything out, I developed tendonitis in my right and left hands. The good news is that i taught myself to write with both hands, so Im in good shape!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email