Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Rhinesilver
Council Member
Send Message
Post Sketches
on: September 05, 2009 12:38
Hello! I've already posted some drawings of mine in the Member's Art section, but since those can be a little hard-to-find, I thought I'd post them in a topic.

"Perfect Little Orc" or Frodo in orc-garb

"The End of All Things" -- Frodo and Sam cute/sad best-friend moment. Pretty much adapted from a movie screenshot, but I took my liberties.

"The Phial of Galadriel" a quirky little sketch I did of Frodo in Shelob's Lair.

Movie-verse Aragorn Couldn't think of a better title, sorry. X( Viggo-ish Aragorn sketch, kind of stylized.

Smeagol Another movie-like one. Smeagol displaying an odd expression. *lifts eyebrow*

I'm looking for constructive criticism here -- and if you think it'll help, go ahead and say something like "his hand looks funny" I really don't mind.

[edited for thread title by Noleme]

[Edited on 23/6/2011 by ~nólemë~]
Arial
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Sketches
on: September 17, 2009 10:52
Hello, I click the links, your art is beautiful.

Can your at colors? I think color give a picture more...

Hobbit: I believe that its more child like can your explain that?

The others (Aragon, Smeagol) looks to must elvish... to serene...Aragon has a war passed...And Smeagol has murdered...

But its beautiful...and serene
Is this something you can handle?
LilySprings
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2009 11:23
I love you're pictures, Rhinesilver. You do an awesome job and I hope you continue to make more.

Btw, my favorite is " The end of all things" picture.

[Edited on 17/9/2009 by LilySprings]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: September 22, 2009 01:02
great job Rhine. I love the Aragorn one, at first i didn't think i would like the style, but it has grown on me. :love:

keep up the good work!
Rhinesilver
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2009 01:10
Thanks a bunch!! Art is my passion ^^

@Arial: I thought the hobbits looked very child-like, so I drew them that way. Maybe they're a bit too child-like, though.

Color would liven things up! I've got a color picture in progress right now. When it's finished I'll post it.
Arial
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2009 10:00
Thats wonderful... I love to see it...Hope your post a link again...
Because I think your links have worked in showing your art.

And yes I can see now the reason why children, but in can be a little less... think about the home live off people, about the relationships people have, it gives your characters more input, then just child. Most Hobbits stay in "the Steed" (I probable didn't translat that right) with there families close, children are all about adventure...they want to explore... but that more psychology...

But still they are very very very beautiful, and I love them...
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2009 11:47
Your pictures are so pretty, Rhinesilver...you're really talented. It's also nice to find someone who shares my tendancy to draw with mechanical pencil.

I liked "The End of All Things" the best. The Aragorn one was nice too. You did a good job with the hobbits, although I have to agree with Arial, they do look a little childish. But they're really cute, and if you're going for cartoon-y I think it fits.

Keep drawing! I would love to see more.
Rhinesilver
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2009 08:02
Update: I got the color picture finished, and it's up now. Yay!!
The link

FYI, for anyone who likes my art, I'll be posting my stuff in my own Member folder, under R, from now on.

@Arial and WestoftheMoon58: Haha, yeah, I do tend to make them pretty cutesy and cartoony. They're also a bit skinny for hobbits. I've actually got some other pictures of them that are a lot more realistic. I should get around to posting them...

Thanks everyone for the great feedback!! It's really a confidence-booster for me. ^^
Rhinesilver
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2009 08:08
@WestoftheMoon58: Long live mechanical pencil! Have you posted art on the site? I'd love to see it -- it's just that art is sort of difficult to find on this site. I don't think you have a Member folder??
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2009 08:12

I love your art, Rhinesilver!! I definitely love the Aragorn one and "The End of All Things" is adorable. Now I want to hug a sad hobbit.

You've inspired me to go draw something now.

[Edited on 9/27/2009 by Pippin_Luv]
LilySprings
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2009 09:47
Awesome crack of doom, Rhine!

I wish I could draw stuff besides stick figures.
Arial
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2009 09:16
I have posted you a comment and rated your work...
I'm speechless...

Its beautiful I would buy that... Keep it up...
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2009 08:11
Have you posted art on the site?

Nope. We don't have a scanner, which is a bummer. I have to find out if they have one at the library...thanks, though.

The Crack of Doom one is really nice. The colors are fantastic.
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2009 03:22
Oh, I must have overlooked the link to the Crack of Doom. I saw it now. It's done very well.

[Edited on 10/3/2009 by Pippin_Luv]
falinesti
Council Member
Send Message
Post Sketch and color suggestion help
on: January 17, 2018 12:50
I mentioned wanting to post here in the newbie's thread, so here I am!
I don't mean to revive a new thread if there is one elsewhere, but I wanted to ask everyone for some help coloring in a sketch that I have been working on.

Here is the offsite link as it is a larger file!

I'm a digital artist (I use firealpaca) and I wanted to finish this drawing of Frodo and Sam because the lines took me forever... However I wanted to ask everyone here what colors I should use! Plus, any opinions or constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. My style is rather cartoon-y but I really want to work on drawing human(oids) and mainly coloring this well!
OH and just color palettes or suggestion photos work for coloring!
morelkor
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, these are really good, falinesti. I love that cartoon style but have never been able to make it work myself, so you have my admiration.

I also know nothing about digital art, but I think a colour palette like "just leave", "the divine" or "crackle" would look nice for your drawing

Here are the palettes I was talking about

I ain't been droppin' no eaves, sir, honest.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email