Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Spragh
Council Member
Send Message
Post Saruma'n the ring-maker.
on: December 12, 2009 08:05
Every body knows of this,but,how did he tryed to put all Istari colours under his will.Did he wanted to rule the world or to maybe destroy Sauron himself with that.He knewed that Sauron would not share anything with anybody,and he would not make the ring to give it to the Dark Lord.He was a bigger fan of Istari powers then to give it to him,and because he was Istar him self,he did what he could to get some power.Why did he tryed to do this i dont know.The biggest question for me is how.How do you put all the colours together.

[Edited on 13/12/2009 by Spragh]
Ashbrook
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Saruma'n the ring-maker.
on: December 14, 2009 08:20
Saruman, or Curinir as he was known as a Maia, believed that the other Istari were weak in mind. I don't think that he was bent on bending the Istari under his will as much as he was all of Middle-Earth. If you think about it, the only other active Istari other than Saruman himself was Gandalf. Radagast gave up his charge from the Valar because his love of birds and beasts, so he posed no threat to Saruman in reality. And Alatar and Pallando went deep into the eastern lands of Arda, where their tales do not continue.

[Edited on 14/12/2009 by Ashbrook]
Spragh
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2009 10:47
Well,you are correct.And Gandalf himself was at critical point against Saruman,leading to this that the Saruman was highest from their order and that he had no help from other Istari.But still,im in reely deep thinking of how he can bend them all.
Spragh
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2009 10:50
Saruman, or Olorin as he was known as a Maia, believed that the other Istari were weak in mind. I don't think that he was bent on bending the Istari under his will as much as he was all of Middle-Earth. If you think about it, the only other active Istari other than Saruman himself was Gandalf. Radagast gave up his charge from the Valar because his love of birds and beasts, so he posed no threat to Saruman in reality. And Alatar and Pallando went deep into the eastern lands of Arda, where their tales do not continue.
sorry,but,isnt it that Gandalf is Olorin,friend of Valar of sorow,the most wise Istari.I know that Saruman is Saruman the Wise,but...maybe im wrong.Dont know,i should search it in the book.
Elthir
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2009 06:03
Hmm, Ashbrook's post doesn't say Olorin, though since it's quoted that way I assume it did before edited. Anyway now it says 'Curinir', which should be spelled Curunír rather (Sindarin).

His Quenya name was Curumo.
Ashbrook
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2009 06:44
Yup, I had a brainfart, my apologies.
Spragh
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2009 05:40
I was not shore...could not remember.
Spragh
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2009 07:46
Still no reply of Saruman s ring.Nooooo.Whyyy.Im curios.Enybody knows maybe how how tried to do that...
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: December 17, 2009 12:44
My understanding is that Saruman definitely wanted the One Ring for himself, to overthrow Sauron and rule the world by himself, which he thought he would be capable of doing. The ring that he made himself turns out to be nothing but a trinket, he had no skill to make a real Ring of Power, although he had studied the ringlore for a long time.

As for the many colours, it's connected to what Gandalf says to him about breaking something to try to see how it works. White light is a combination of all the wavelengths that make the different colours; if you break the white light, you get the separate colours, just like in a rainbow. So, Saruman had "broken" the colour that was originally given to him.
Spragh
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2009 07:29
Well thank you,i see now.Its good to know now,as i could not figuired it out my self.Thank you.And,if Saruman did get to do ring who know what kind of power would be unleashead.He would probably be wery powerfull and create a mass destruction to Rohan.Kill all in Helms Deep and maybe even Aragorn himself.But i think that,because the ring is bound to the Dark Lord Sauron,Saruman would be owerwelmed after that battle,by Sauron's will,and in the and,he would do a lot of work For Sauron,but after he did that,he would give it to the Morghot's general and probably be punished by death for betreyal.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2010 08:48
Hi all, my opinion is that if Sauron had gotten the one ring the first thing we would proberbly do is kill Saruman and place the Mouth of Sauron incharge of Orthanc. Why kill Saruman because Sauron may have seen Saruman a threat. However i dont think Saruman was a threat to Saurons power. Saruman did try and betray Sauron and i read that one of the Mordor orcs had alerted a nazgul that the Urk-hai were taking the hobbits to Saruman instead of mordor.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email