Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post The Fell Winter of 1311(Post in OOC to join)
on: February 09, 2010 10:08
It's snowing! It's snowing! Bella thought as she raced to put on her wraps and those odd things called "shoes" that Mum said she should wear in the snow. They felt odd,but she didn't think much of her feet when she ran out to join in on the snow ball fight that some of her cousins had started.

As much time as the fight was,she soon remembered the trip to Hobbiton she had planed to take,and with the snow piling up fast,she knew that she would have to take it today to get the shopping done before she was stuck at home. Maybe I'll have to stay in Hobbiton! I wonder how the weather there is...

But as she mounted one of the ponies,she failed to notice the faint,distant cry of a wolf.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Fell Winter of 1311(Post in OOC to join)
on: February 13, 2010 07:03
Arron walked leisurly through the snow as he made his way through the land, heading towards Hobbiton. It was very cold out, but he was bundled up enough not to notice it. He hadn't seen snow in a long time, so he was enjoying himself quite a bit. Seeing a blanket of snow across the landscape was an incredible and beautiful sight indeed.

Arron had been travelling for quite some time now. He had set out from Bree a couple days ago and had slowly made progress to his desired destination. The journey was quite easy for him so far, and he had encountered no trouble whatsoever. That was how he liked it.

Suddenly he heard the sound of a wolf in the distance. Arron looked around in fright.

"I certainly hope they aren't anywhere close by!" he said to himself, trying to reassure his troubled thoughts. "It's just a wolf, after all. If it gets close I'll give him a smack with my sword!"

Arron patted his sword hilt, now reassured slightly, though some would call it utter denial. He was walking forward when he saw another hobbit mounting a pony. I wonder where she's heading, he thought to himself. I should go ask whoever that is! If they are heading in the same direction, we could travel together! It would make it less boring, that's for sure.

Arron was getting really close now until he noticed something in the trees. He saw the hairy outline of a feral creature, crouching down, as if prepared to attack. A wolf! Suddenly it bounded out of the forest towards the hobbit Arron was about to talk to.

"Oi!" he yelled. "Watch out!"

Arron pulled out his bow and prepared to shoot the wolf.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2010 08:24
Cela finally finished cooking for Nydia, her little sibling of two weeks old. She hadn't eaten herself yet, though she was very hungry.

So when she had fed the baby, she grabbed an apple for herself. 'Celandine Brandybuck, come here now!' Shouted Cela's mother.

Cela swiftly ran to her mother. 'Yes, mum?' Asked Cela.

Her mother, named Daisy, was on her knees next to the bed. On the bed itself lay Cela's father.

Daisy looked up to her daughter. 'You're here, good. Now, I want you to go to Hobbiton and find someone who has something for your father.' Daisy told her child.

Cela nodded. 'I will go, mother.' She said and left for her chamber. There she packed her traveling gear.

When she was done, she left her home.

She walked a few miles when she suddenly heard someone call out to someone else.

She saw two hobbits, one male and one female. A wolf was attacking them.

Cela grabbed the dagger she brought with her and ran to the hobbits.

When she reached them, she started to attack the wolf.

[Edited on 5/4/2010 by Nínimelle]

[Edited on 5/4/2010 by Nínimelle]
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 05, 2010 05:01
(OOC,wolf. I think there's only one right now...)

Bella had just stopped to check something that had gotten stuck in the pony's shoe and fish it out and remount when she heard a growl and than another hobbit's voice telling her to watch out.

She spun around to see her fellow hobbit and nearly screamed at the sight of the wolf.

She didn't know what to do as she fought for her pony's control. She was completely unarmed,there was no need for weaponry on a trip to town.

But yet,she couldn't leave the other hobbit alone.

She noticed another lass coming towards them with a knife. No..a dagger isn't enough for a wolf! Not when someone has a bow... she thought as she edged the nervous pony closer to the other lass,but not to close.

"You can't take a wolf on with a knife!" she shouted,"Come with me."
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2010 05:09
Cela heard the other lass shout to her. She ran to the hobbit. 'We can't let our kin fight alone.' She said and looked to the hobbit lad, who was fighting the wolf.

Soon the wolf started to draw away. Cela stood next to the hobbit lass. 'Who are you?' Cela asked her.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 05, 2010 05:21
"No,but I couldn't let you go with only a dagger,he has a bow."

With the wolf retreated with what looked to be an arrow in his side,Bella felt slightly more at ease,she didn't dismount again,however. "Annabella Took" she replied,"And who are you?" she said,slowly guiding her mount to the lad. "Thank you,sir." she said when they finally reached him.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2010 05:32
Cela smiled at Bella. 'Nice to meet you Bella. I am Celandine Brandybuck, but everyone calls me Cela.' Replied the girl.

Together with Bella she walked to the lad. Bella thanked him and Cela added: 'What's your name, sir?'
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2010 03:37
Arron sighed in relief as the wolf went away. It could've been trouble with him around. A few hobbits are no match for a wolf. Arron turned towards the other two that were named Cela and Bella.

"My name is Arron," he replied. "I was heading towards Hobbitton when I noticed that wolf out there heading towards you, Bella. I couldn't help but try to come to aid you, though, frankly, I was scared out of my skins!"
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 12, 2010 06:50
"Thank you again,I was on my way to Hobbitton myself. Would you care to join me?." she said,looking him over,

"Where are you from? I don't think I've ever seen you 'round these parts before."
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2010 09:38
'I was on my way to hobbiton too.' Cela said and smiled. She then remembered she was in search of something. 'Does one of you know someone that knows something about sickness?' She asked.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2010 07:56
"Oh, I'm from Bree," Arron replied to Bella with a kind grin. "I got tired of all those Big Folk walking all over us Hobbits so I just decided to move out over to Hobbitton where it is a little more peaceful."

He slung his bow around his arm.

"I guess I would go with you two if we're headed in the same direction," he said after a brief pause. "It seems the path has gotten a little more dangerous than I remember, with wolves jumping out at you."

He turned to Cela.

"Sickness?" he asked, curious. "I know a few things about it. Is there some help you need?"
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2010 09:37
Cela nodded. 'I do. My father is sick, at least I think so. And..' She was cut of when a little bird flew to her. Cela smiled at Bella and Arron. 'My bird.' She explained. She took the letter that was bound to the bird's leg. She read the letter. After she was done, it slipped out of her hand. A tear fell from her eyes.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 15, 2010 05:04
Bella was about to suggest that the get to town as soon as possible,there was a doctor there,and surely the threat of wolf attacks would be less there,when the bird came. She waited for the letter to be read before speaking.

But things changed once she saw Cela's reaction. she dismounted and put her arm around her fellow lass. "It's too late,isn't it?"
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2010 05:51
'It is.' Cela whispered in answer to Bella's answer. 'My father died, our house has been burned and my mother fled. She probebly dead now too.' She told the other hobbits.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 15, 2010 06:40
"Burned? But how? Things like that never happen in the Shire! Maybe in other places,but never here."she said,thinking of old stories her father and uncles told her about Tooks of old,then she softened her voice,becoming thoughtful. "Nor do we have problems with wolves."

She motioned up to the pony,"I really am sorry about your father. There might still be hope for your mother,after all,you are a Brandybuck,you have your clan,surely there was someone she could have fled to. You can ride and wait for more news in town."
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2010 08:35
Cela shook her head. 'I don't know how it happened. Neither do I know a place where I can go. My parents never said anything about their family.' She said sadly. She sighed. 'Can I come with one of you?' She asked.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2010 10:02
Arron said nothing about Cela's loss, as he was not good with dealing with those situations. He felt terrible for her, but he knew that if they kept bringing it up, she would be sad for a long time. Arron looked at her consolingly.

"I think we should all travel together for a little while," he said, agreeing with her. "It is very dangerous and I think it would be best if we started to move now."
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 15, 2010 02:36
"Of course you can stay with us." Bella reassured,"Like Arron said,it's dangerous to travel alone,we couldn't just leave you. Besides,my Mum was a Brandybuck,so you're family. If you can't return home,you can come back with me."

[Edited on 16/3/2010 by Lucy_Took]
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2010 04:28
Cela smiled to them. 'Thanks, both of you. I'm really grateful.' She said. Together with Arron and Bella she walked across the country. It would be a long way, but they were together.

[Edited on 16/3/2010 by Nínimelle]
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 18, 2010 08:02
She is very odd for a hobbit. Bella thought,looking at Cela,[/i] the bravery I understand,she did say she's a Brandybuck,but it's rather odd that she wouldn't know her extended family.[/i]

After walking along in silence with the others for a time she turned to Cela,"Where did you live?" she asked,quickly adding,"It would be helpful to know in order to get more information about the fate of your family. I know you aren't from the Hall,if you were,we would have met before,and you would have known all your clan,or at least most of them."

Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2010 08:07
'I lived far away, in a lonely house. That's why I don't know everything about the Brandybucks.' Cela explained, then looked at Bella. 'You don't trust me, do you?' She asked tiredly.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 23, 2010 05:09
Bella looked into Cela's eyes,she looked so tired,and sincere. "I do,I'm just curious." she tried to change the subject, "Have you ever seen a wolf before now? I'd only heard of them before this morning! And now that I've seen one,I don't think I ever want to see another!"
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2010 05:17
Cela noticed the chane of topic, but didn't mind. 'I haven't seen a wolf in my whole life, but I would have loved to keep it to that.' She laughed. Cela felt herself getting tired and she yawned slightly. She blushed when she saw Bella looking at her. 'I'm a bit tired, it's alright.' She said and smiled.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 22, 2010 07:02
"You've had a busy day." Bella replied simply,looking up at the clouded sky. "It is taking much longer to get to town than it normally would,if it weren't for the snow,and that stop with the wolves...we would be there by now. And we're still over five miles away."

It'll get dark soon,and from what I know of wolves,they come out more at night than in the day. If we saw one wolf around noon,I don't want to think about how many would come out at night...

Bella tried not to sound too worried,but couldn't help but mutter,"I hope we get there before dark."
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2010 07:12
'What if we don't get there before dark?' Cela asked worriedly. She gazed around. She had never been here before, so she trusted Bella and Arron. 'Five miles is quite long, espacially with snow. Perhaps it is better to find a shelter.' She suggested hopefully.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 04, 2010 04:24
Bella looked around,hoping to see a house,a hole. But all she saw was fields and fields. She had plenty of friends in town,family too,but out here,she wouldn't be able to find someone to stay with for a few miles.

"I don't know." she said softly. "We'll have to find somewhere to stop soon,at least to get a little rest,and perhaps a bit to eat..I've got a bit of food in my saddle bag,not much,but some. Best just to keep our eyes out for somewhere out of the wind to stop."
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2010 07:21
Cela also looked around, but in vain. All she saw was green. 'Let's keep walking until we find something.' She suggested and looked at Arron, who walked in front of them. 'Perhaps Arron knows if there is somewhere to shelter, I think he has traveled more than we.' Cela said and started walking to Arron.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2010 10:37
Arron looked over suddenly at the two expecting hobbits as Cela suggested that he knew more about the countryside. Now that he thought about it, she was probably right, but he didn't have that much experience under his belt. He sighed and looked around at the landscape.

"I assure you," he said to them, "I don't know much about the countryside, especially with the snow covering everything, but I do seem to recall some sort of cave around here somewhere that I used to take shelter in for a while. I used to travel back and forth from Bree to Hobbitton a lot, you see."

He scratched his head.

"I don't recall its exact position and if it's is as safe as it once was before, but we could at least give it a try."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email