Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Tolkien Fan Videos / Fan Movies
on: February 28, 2010 11:34
I've been busy with writing a script for my fan film, and making costumes latly. But I managed to get out in the snow and do some test shoots. They went quite well (except for the odd passer by, who looked rather confused, and traffic.) Anyway I resently got Edios 4 video editing for my PC and after much work of learning to use it I made a small tribute to the Dunedain video. You can view it upon You tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgVzwPaMfiI&feature=email

-Chris
:feedback:

[edited for thread title by Noleme]

[Edited on 27/11/2011 by ~nólemë~]
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Tolkien Fan Videos / Fan Movies
on: March 01, 2010 03:30
Oh, nice! Good choice of music too! From what I read on your site you're rewriting the story.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2010 09:46
Thanks, Yes I am, as the last story was too large for me, and losing an actor ect. I have finished the scrip for my new story, however I can't for the life of me come up with a name! As you may of noticed on the frount page, it says 'Films title in progress'. But I hope to have one soon, I'm trying to work on something in Elvish, but progress is slow.

-Chris
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2010 08:30
I'm sorry to hear that but it's good that your still going to go through with making a fan film!
By the way, are you going to post the old scrip, The Two Hunters? Just curious.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2010 11:50
Ahhh Thats ok, its just part of the ups and downs of filming!

I would of posted the old script, but its in a very rough/note form and no one would understand the story (as I have most of the story in my head.) Also now looking back at it and comparing it with my new one, it sucks. I guess thats why they say good things come to those who wait.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:39
I finnally got out to do some Location scouting. and put this smal video together. Its been done with a cheap camera, and is a bit shaky, but the film will obviously not be like this at all!

Do have a look...

Vid is back now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=943Z7Z4Ikf4

[Edited on 19/12/2009 by Aragorn16Estel]
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, pretty area! It defiantly has that 'Middle-Earth' look to it.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
thankyou!
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:40
You're welcome, and good luck on the film.
Out of curiosity are you going to have a 'making of The two hunters?' video?
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Ye I do hope to, I have had to delet my old you tube account that includes the video 'locations', however I shall put it back soon. When I get my video editing computer fully up and running I shall try and gte a making of done as well as a tralier.
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
Yippy!
Best of luck to you & crew! Making a fan film is hard work but in the end it's really all worth the effert.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:41
Hello again guys,

been ages since I've posted, anyhow I've thrown together a making of video for my Fan film, you can see it at the following link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVMYubQzjf8&playnext=1&videos=0Z-F8ZuyWNI&feature=mfu_in_order

~Chris~
WonderBroad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:42
If you haven't seen them, I recommend checking out these two LOTR fan films: http://www.bornofhope.com/ and http://www.thehuntforgollum.com/

They are both in progress, still shooting and editing. Pretty amazing stuff so far!

WB
Shiranui
Council Member
Send Message
Pretty sweet.

Thanks for the links.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
ya these look pretty cool and well done. i cant wait to see them!
Anarathien_Tinuviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:43
Oh my goodness! These are so good! My favourite is 'Born of Hope,' but 'The hunt for Gollum' is still pretty good.
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:43
I saw them on Youtube, and they are just brilliant. Really really amazing.
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:44
(Assuming I'm allowed to give you a link) Here's the link to a video me and my sister, Menel, made together in honor of the four Hobbits and their incredible friendship. The song being played in it (besides the very short intro with "A Far Green Country" by Howard Shore) is Demi Lovato's "Gift of a Friend". If you like, you can keep an eye on our Youtube channel, because besides abc's LOST tribute videos and other stuff.

I think that covers everything. OH! Here's the link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eelgZnLR-iE

If there are any problems, just comment.

If this post seems familiar, it's because it's not new. I just edited it.

~Frodo (the Second)

[Edited on 15/6/2011 by Frodo~the~Second]
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:44
Aww! Cute! :heart:
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:45
Thank you! Anyone else? ... Please?
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:45
You made a really good tribute, I left a comment on the video.
Also, are you copying my signature?

[Edited on 28/3/2011 by starofdunedain]
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:46
(Sorry I didn't reply earlier.) Thank you for being the first to comment on the video! And I admit I did read your signature before and I thought it was funny, but my signature is my own.

~Frodo (the Second)
Silruin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2011 03:18
Really cool I have to admit! But Aragorn-Estel16, I suppose you don't mind me asking you where you're filming? And, if it's not too dumb, as I couldn't find anything on your Youtube channel, but might be I'm outdated, are you still working on the fan-film?
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2011 05:06
Ah! Here is my post! I was wondering where it had gone.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: August 04, 2011 10:50
Everything concerning fan movies is now in this thread. The topped 'Where to Find Things in the Creations Forum' thread should help with finding stuff here.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2011 03:58
Thanks, ~noleme~!

~Frodo (the Second)
~Fëanor_Curufinwë~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2011 08:37
Hi all!
Anyone else like to make videos? Like with your friends, or siblings?
A few friends and I are going to start filming a movie this spring,(the script is finally done! ) and me and my sibs made this (not too great...) video last week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSriULLxaz4 (just to let ya know, the sword fighting is awful....)

Hope ya like our movie!!! (hehe bet you can't guess who I play... lol it shouldn't be too hard... there are not very many people in it XD)(by the way how do you like my sword?? I made it! XP)(oh yeah you don't know who I play.... well maybe you do.... lol I'm kinda crazy tonight, as you can see.... haven't been able to do much today since it's sopping wet....)

You can post your videos here! (don't worry if they're silly... I mean, come on, what movie is gonna be goofier than the one I posted? )

~Feanor

[Edited on 3/12/2011 by ~Fëanor_Curufinwë~]
[email protected]
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Hobbit and LOTR read out loud by my wife before her dementia
on: June 20, 2023 05:20
I have a folder of all the chapters of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, read by my wife (except for a few that were read by Leslie and one that was taken from another file) in 2010 a few years before she began showing signs of dementia. Now, she's living in an adult family home in the end stages of dementia.

I've put it all up on Drive for anyone to download, listen to, and distribute freely, but not make any money from.

The Hobbit and LOTR read by Kathryn Drinkard

[Edited on 06/20/2023 by tarcolan]
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
The Horn of Gondor is a pretty good fan-film.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email