Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Gothmog64
Council Member
Send Message
Hi all...new member here, but if you have any LOTRO questions, I've played (on Landroval first, and now Laurelin (the English Language RP server) since shortly after the game launched. Have a few L95's and many lower level characters. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions, or provide assistance in game to any Laurelin players.

Also, I should say "Thank You!" to whoever set up the elvish phrases page on this site. It has been an invaluable resource for me while RPing my elven characters!

[Edited on 03/04/2014 by Gothmog64]

[Edited on 03/04/2014 by Gothmog64]
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Hi first time postieite. Two edits?! Blimey! Get with the coffee, bro. Or whatever aphorism seems appropriate. I've never played on the Big Game myself, but I'm tempted now. And yes, the Elvish section is pretty astounding and beats anything else on the BOWWW into a cocked hat (big old...). Fancy making a small donation to the site? Otherwise it might go the way of all such small wonders, lost in the swamping of sponsored mediocrity. What's your main moniker on there?

Re: Gothmog. Goth, gothic maybe? Another insight into the workings of the good professor's mind? Brain mulch. Hang around for more of same.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I was asked to play LOTRO but when I was told it would take all night to download, I decided not to join. Is that true? All night to download?

Hey, tarcolan, what is BOWWW?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
tarcolan
Send Message
Big old world wide web. I just made it up. A download shouldn't take all night (assuming you mean the game program), but even if it does, once you've got it you can play. But then if your internet connection is so slow it would be very boring.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My friend told me to download LOTRO at night while I slept but I do lose my connection once in a while and I was afraid the download would stop if that happens while I was asleep. Boring, indeed.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
tarcolan
Send Message
I just tried it and the downloader craaashed.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Guess I won't give it a go. Will you try it again, tarcolan?
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
I've played LOTRO before, I suppose I could get back into it, since I have some nice gear on it, but the thing is, it sucked in alot of my time lol. Not sure I would want to start up again. However, if you guys do want help with some early levels and stuff and you make a character on the same server I am on, let me know and I can shoot by and help u get xp really fast. I dont currently have it downloaded right now, so if I was going to download it again, it would be on the new comp I will be getting before I go to college.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Someone told me if you want to play LOTRO with your friends that you all must have the same server. Okay, so I have Google Chrome. Does that mean I cannot play with someone who uses Internet Explorer? (I don't think I will try to download it anyway but it seems like a great game.)
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen - when you create a LOTRO character you pick which of their servers you want your character on. You can only interact with characters on the same LOTRO Servers.
The server names are:
Arkenstone
Brandywine
Crickhollow
Dwarrowdelf
Elendilmir
Firefoot
Gladden
Imladris
Landroval
Meneldor
Nimrodel
Riddermark
Silverlode
Vilya
Windfola
Bullroarer

So, if you create a character on the brandywine server and find out your friend plays but their character is on the silverlode server, then you two will not be able to play the game together.
"Sundown: 'Sexy, right?' Abby: 'Oh yeah, baby. You're so hot right now, if I was a chicken I'd lay hard-boiled eggs.'" ― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Retribution
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Sundown, those are servers? Okay, I am so clueless. Thank you so much for the information. That game really looks good but I am just hesitant to download it.
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
So; to help keep the game from being slow they have multiple computers running the game. Each of these computers is a server. However, you have to know what server you are playing your game on to continue it. So, they gave the computers names you would remember. Those are the names listed in my previous post.
"Sundown: 'Sexy, right?' Abby: 'Oh yeah, baby. You're so hot right now, if I was a chicken I'd lay hard-boiled eggs.'" ― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Retribution
Medium Matt
Council Member
Send Message
If any Laurelin players read this, please feel free to say hi to Eruansathron (Elf RK), Matao (Hobbit hunter) or Mathar (Beorning) if you are passing by at all.
Lynk
Council Member
Send Message
Sundown said:So; to help keep the game from being slow they have multiple computers running the game. Each of these computers is a server. However, you have to know what server you are playing your game on to continue it. So, they gave the computers names you would remember. Those are the names listed in my previous post.

It didn't keep Gwaihir from lagging though... Sometimes it was so brutal after the hobbit came out a whole new PLATOON of players came and we didn't even manage to get orthanc T1 down cause every one hab 30s freezes... not funny as Guardian

my characters before selling my account
Gwaihir
Lynk, elf guardian lvl 95 (PVMP Rank 8 )
Syldon, elf warden lvl 95 (PVMP Rank 8 )
Ancorhon, elf champion lvl 95 (PVMP Rank 11)
Fanloen, elf guardian lvl 75
Eodion, human captain lvl 72

and some monsters on other servers.

Unfortunately I got extremely dissapointed with the update lvl 95, especially the changes for guards were awful...

Have fun playing if you still do

[Edited on 11/14/2014 by Lynk]
De andelu ervenin! Mabo i grist hen. It's dangerous to go alone! Take this sword!
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
I have just started playing, and I like the way it looks! The creators of the game have put a lot of effort into making it actually feel like Middle-earth
What I miss is companionship, somebody I know that I could meet and wave at, or dance with in the game.
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I'm still trying to get my LotRO working it took forever to download too! I was so excited to play it, but then it became late, so I gave up.

I'll try again at the weekend, or my research proposal won't get started
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
Well? How did it go? Did you make it work?
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I managed to get it to work finally! But, it now patches all the time and takes forever to work. But when I do it's quite fun to play for a little while. I still unfortunately prefer Star Trek Online, though.
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
Just curious, with the new consolidation of the game servers, is anyone still playing? Currently on Landroval server when I have time
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I found I wasn't the biggest fan of LOTRO... So I went back to Star Trek Online. It was a bit sad for me, as I was expecting it to be really good, but I just found it slightly lacking

RIP Lindarielwen
Image Image
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I see they released a 'Cardolan' module in November 2022. Can't say I have ben much into the game since I was disappointed with the final released product, but I do like some of the created lore they have come up with.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email