Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ConstanceSingalday
Council Member
Send Message
Post Looking for an item's name/value
on: January 28, 2011 04:14
When ROTK was released a local theater did a marathon. They showed the first two extended editions and then the first screening of the new release. A very good friend of mine gave me a ticket for the marathon event for my birthday. After the screenings and as we were leaving everyone in the theater was given a box. Inside that box is a freestanding rectangle decorated with the movie look surrounding 3 windows. In each of the windows is a single frame of film from the movies.

Does anyone know what this collectible is called and how much it's worth? Considering how many were passed out, I don't expect it to be worth much, but I did keep it for sentimental reasons as well as through a huge love of the movies.

Thanks in advance!
Aegor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Looking for an item's name/value
on: January 28, 2011 11:15
Is this the item you're asking about?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/article.php?id=filmframe

If yes then they aren't worth much anymore. There's an auction on ebay right now for one of those, still at 0 bids, starting bid is 9.99$ and the auction ends in 4h. And last 5 sales sold at an average of 15$ so I'd say that's what it's worth.

Your best bet is to use toytracker to check these things. There you go:
http://www.toytracker.net/weta/tracking/weta.html/TTSW004
ConstanceSingalday
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2011 10:28
Thanks so much! Yes, that's what it was. I love it myself... but I have no desire to collect more of them. I keep it for the memories. It's a shame it's not worth much beyond the sentiment though.

Thanks again!
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2011 10:33
Yes I have to agree they aren't worth much, I got two of them from MyCokeRewards by saving up enough points. They are lovely though!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email