Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Mine is Mellwen Bronwewen.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Lady_of_Darkness
Council Member
Send Message
Eruve, shortened from Erunyauve is the Quenya form, and Meluieth is the Sindarin form. I think I prefer the latter.
In the darkness you could hear the crying of women, the wailing of infants, and the shouting of men. Some prayed for help. Others wished for death. But still more imagined that there were no Gods left, and that the universe was plunged into eternal darkness. - Pliny the Younger, A.D. 79.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
I wish I could change my username to my Elvish name, because I didn't know my Elvish name when I first created an account here. It's Lethril Arvellas
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Findemaxa Miraiel.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
The Quenya translation of my first name is Marille. No idea what my second name would be, I made up the one in my username
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
And it is very pretty.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Maxie so is yours!

How did you all find out what your Elvish names are?
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I used Arwen Undomiel first, because I was looking for Elvish translations so found that, then I found a mention of the names database thingy on this site so I checked what it said on here and it was the same thing...

I think all Elvish names are pretty!!!!!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Arwen Undomiel. But there is also a thread in The Green Dragon which links to a name generator for a variety of names, such as Wizard, Hobbit, Elvish...the thread in TGD is named almost exactly the same as this thread.
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
mines Nessa Sindanarie, so my friends call me Nessie (the Loch Ness Monster).
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Nethiel is my newly discovered Sindarin name, but I definitely prefer the Quenya.
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Quenya: Eruanno, Eruannon (Not sure which one to use lol)
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Léoflic is my name, not in elvish, but Rohirric. I suppose he would be a half-elf though, hence his last name. More of a title really, as he is a ranger and thus excels at camouflage, and being a (half)elf is also very light on his toes.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
I believe in Quenya it's Erunáru. In Sindarin it's I believe it's Belltheled (or unfortunately Ethelon). I don't have a translation in Rohirric. My middle name in elvish is a lot better. Adan in Sindarin (or Benn) and Atanu in Quenya.
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
In Quenya it would probably be Valanno Nionúro, and in Sindarin Balanwe Dionur.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Mine is Eruvilui.
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Does your real name involve the word "God" in it's meaning, EG? Eru is "God" in Sindarin.
EruviluiGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
findemaxam48 said:Does your real name involve the word "God" in it's meaning, EG? Eru is "God" in Sindarin.

Yep! My name has several meanings - "Gift of God" is one of them, as well as "God is gracious."
"In gratitude for this second chance, I'll prove 'til I depart; I may not have the legs or lungs, but I have a racer's heart." ~Anonymous
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thats what I thought. My name means "Youthful" or "Soft Haired" (?) And the latter is the meaning of Findemaxa.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Mines Cenor! I t means Seer
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Here are my elvish names. Sindarin: Melannen. Quenya: Meldon. And they both mean beloved, or favourite.
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
andúnë (Sunset)
"Sundown: 'Sexy, right?' Abby: 'Oh yeah, baby. You're so hot right now, if I was a chicken I'd lay hard-boiled eggs.'" ― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Retribution
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Leoflic and Sundown, you both have beautiful Elvish names.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My name is Linda and depending on the Elvish dictionary you use, it is a real Quenya word. It has to do with sound. It means beautiful, sweet melodious of sound. My name can be found in the Ainulindale
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ha, my given name has many sounds in it that are not in any of Tolkien's languages. "J", mostly.
Sundown
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I think the language is just beautiful. I have tried to use naming tools online for role-playing games when I want a new name for a character. I've seen the generation of my given name. Not sure I trust those things for their validity.
"Sundown: 'Sexy, right?' Abby: 'Oh yeah, baby. You're so hot right now, if I was a chicken I'd lay hard-boiled eggs.'" ― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Retribution
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I prefer to use Arwen_Undomiel for names. The names database here is tricksy sometimes.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
My name in Quenya is Miril Cemnaro. I don't like the Sindarin version.
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am going to post a link for Arwen Undomiel, the names portion, so we can all check. I think that some vary, as well. At any rate, it could be useful. Now, if the internet would get it's act together, we could get going somewhere...

http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/elvish/girlnames.html

IF you go back, you'll get to the male names.

[Edited on 10/04/2014 by findemaxam48]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
( used this site when I created a name for another site.

http://www.realelvish.net/namelists.php
Sarniel
Council Member
Send Message
Mine is Sarniel (means stone), as is my username
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
MeliaStormcrow
Council Member
Send Message
There is no direct Elvish for my name. The closest is Mordollwen or Talanniel.
"The King beneath the mountains, The King of carven stone, The lord of silver fountains Shall come into his own! His crown shall be upholden, His harp shall be restrung, His halls shall echo golden To songs of yore re-sung. The woods shall wave on mountains And grass beneath the sun; His wealth shall flow in fountains And the rivers golden run. The streams shall run in gladness, The lakes shall shine and burn, All sorrow fail and sadness At the Mountain-king's return!"
Nimmwen
Council Member
Send Message
Mine is Nimmwen, it means white
"In place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!"
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Mine according to the Elven Name Generator is exactly as my username states 'Itarildë Sîrfalas' (I wanted to add the accents, but the site wouldn't let me).

Or also, apparently 'Miluiel' (lit. friendly)in Sindarin, which has the same meaning as my real name.

I'm undecided which I prefer, but I'm so used to using Itarildë and the nickname Ildë that comes with it. Miluiel is a bit difficult to say at first, too But I do like it.

EDIT: apparently in Quenya it is Nildalë.

[Edited on 01/13/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
erutan2099
Council Member
Send Message
Mára omentië, ilya.

Essenya Erunámo Tauro Petë i Tatya.
-Erunámo -"Istyallo, Ilu."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email