Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Post Fan Creations news and announcements
on: April 18, 2011 09:53
Hi everyone, I'm putting up this thread to keep you all informed on what I'm up to. If there are objections, contact me- politely

Current goings-on: [edited]
I am planning to delete some of the CF threads which have been inactive for years, and I'll gradually merge threads on topics which are shared in several threads. Which means there will be one thread for fan movies, one for costumes, one for jewellery, etc.

There are some news updates in the fanfiction subforum, so if you're a CoE writer or reviewer, please check them out
No major thread cleanup is planned there.

That's about it for now.

[Edited on 19/4/2011 by ~nólemë~]
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
~nólemë~
Send Message
Post RE: Fan Creations news and announcements
on: June 20, 2011 03:21
Hi everyone. I have started the Creations Forum cleanup, so some of you may wonder where your threads are.

The biggest change so far is the one concerning banners and avatars, the moving of which is not yet complete but will be soon.

I would from now on like all banner/avatar creators to feature their work in the banner/avatar thread (currently page 4; will be bumped to the top of the first page as soon as post moving is complete), instead of posting a thread specifically for their person. Similarly, I would like all who want a banner/avatar from our artists to post their request in the avatar/banner request thread (which will also be bumped). Alternately, you may take a look at the banner/avatar thread and PM the user whose work you like.

You may find this rather confusing, less convenient (it is) and unfair, but consider this: if everyone established a thread for their art specifically, there might easily pop up a large number of user-themed threads as The Hobbit movie release approaches and the CoE member base expands. In other words, if we allow one person to establish a thread for their art only, any of our over 115 000 users has the right to do the same. The current number of threads is easily manageable, but if 20 or so more people join CoE and start posting their art in their own threads, there could be a problem with the space they would be taking.
Thank you for your understanding.

So far, I have moved/merged to threads of the following names posts related to:
- Avatar/banner requests (waiting to be bumped to the forefront)
- Avatars/banners (waiting to be bumped to the forefront)
- Painting
- Stenciling
- Fellowship Brooch
- Jewelry: circlets, necklaces etc.
- Middle-earth Party Ideas
- Armour, Mail, Shields
- Fonts
- Costume accessories
- Props
- ad hoc questions (see new thread for these)

Certain topics in need of moving/merging into a single thread will follow soon, such as:

- fan-made films
- costumes (separated into threads for elf costumes, orc costumes etc.)
- home decorating

------------------------------------

As usual, feedback is always welcome!

[Edited on 20/6/2011 by ~nólemë~]

[Edited on 21/6/2011 by ~nólemë~]
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
~nólemë~
Send Message
Post RE: Fan Creations news and announcements
on: July 05, 2011 10:27
- Creations Forum cleanup complete. A few old threads were deleted, and a number of threads have been merged with others on the same topic.
~nólemë~
Send Message
Post Re: Fan Creations news and announcements
on: March 06, 2012 03:25
Hello all,
welcome to the new version of CoE. Here's where I'll post Fan Creations related changes and updates. As the conversion is a complicated process, and CoE has many other sections to cover, you may find some features missing at the moment. But rest assured - most of it will be back eventually.

Fan Creations underwent fewer changes than Fanfiction. They include:

- deletion of User Themes (they may be coming back in the future, due to their popularity, but they are not a top priority at the moment.)

- Comics are presently missing from the Humor section. They will be added soon.

- automatic emails informing authors (Fan Art, Humor, Creations Corner) that their submission has been validated (or declined) will be available in the future.

If anyone is experiencing trouble with posting (or displaying) fanart in the CoE galleries, please contact Morwinyoniel who is in charge of fan art.

Enjoy roaming our new CoE, and feel free to voice here (or better still, in the site conversion question thread in the CoE Announcements forum) any fan creations related questions that you may have. (while bearing in mind that features are gradually being added and updated by Rivka)

EDIT: Fan Creations Forum and Creations Corner fixing complete. All links to stuff within CoE should be working now, and all info has been updated to reflect the site conversion related changes.
~nólemë~
Send Message
A little spring cleanup is in order.

- the broken links in the thread 'Where to Find Things in the Fan Creations Forum' are now fixed.

- narrow-topic threads that have been inactive for 3 years and longer will be deleted, as will narrow-topic threads with under 3 replies that have been inactive for a year. Namely:
- anime and manga
- name creating
- constructed languages
- old fanart request threads

And since the Tolkien and non-Tolkien drawing threads have been merged for a while now, I'll be deleting the now-redundant mutual appreciation thread for non-Tolkien fanart.

If anyone has any issues with any of those, please speak up now; I've locked those threads for now, and I'll start deleting them come March.
~nólemë~
Send Message
HUMOR SECTION NEWS:
I'm temporarily taking care of the Humor section. The cleanup there has started, and we're open to new submissions again!
If you have a funny caption within the PG-13 rating range, you can post it in
Pippin's Picture Parodies
... And if you have a funny picture without a caption text (but still within the PG-13 rating), we'll be happy to accomodate it in
Haldir's Pretty Pictures
Have fun!

[Edited on 12/17/2014 by ~nólemë~]
~nólemë~
Send Message
Hello again. I am now a temporary Gallery admin as well. I've started sorting through all pending submissions.
Also, I've been given access to gallery and humor comments, so comment publishing in these two categories should be smooth from now on.
Sorry for the backlogs in gallery and comments, and thanks to our site owner, Rivka, for giving me the access I needed.
~nólemë~
Send Message
All backlogged fanfic, creations corner, humor and fan art comments are published now. Moving on to gallery submissions.
~nólemë~
Send Message
Gallery is now working as it should, and I have published all pending submissions that accumulated while the resizing bug lasted. If your submissions aren't published by now, it means the preview form showed up blank for them. If you still want them published, please try resubmitting. Thank you.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email