Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Post SPOILERS
on: March 15, 2018 02:19
Did Drogon recognise Jon Snow as a Targaryen?
Ameriel
Council Member
Send Message
I dunno about you but I don't really like the whole "series before the book" situation and the author's explanation that event though we see the same characters, the same plot points, somewhere the books and the series go separate ways. Some of the original characters don't even appear in the series which I think is a kind of a spoiler (an indication that they don't really matter so they die or something; e.g. Lady Stoneheart), other than that some plot lines were totally devastated by the show writers (e.g. Dorne). I think that it's pretty dissapointing after the first 2-3 season which were really good. I stopped watching GoT in the middle for the fifth season.
#windsofwinterwaitingclub
'But wherever I came it was ever the same: the feet fled, and all was still; never a greeting, only the fleeting pipes, voices, horns on the hill.' // http://www.councilofelrond.com/rpgcharacter/amaery/
tarcolan
Send Message
The fifth season was the weakest for me. The sixth season is excellent and I'd recommend it.

Movies and TV shows are inevitably different to books they are based on, it's a completely different medium. I'm not that bothered by the changes and since Martin was involved I assume he was happy enough. He does a commentary on the discs each season and sometimes says a change is preferable to the original, so the two formats inform each other. A lot depended on the actors and how they interacted, more material being added to take advantage of their skill and chemistry. You can't deny that the writing and acting is excellent, a rare thing these days.
tarcolan
Send Message
I hear a new old series is planned, very old, taking place thousands of years earlier.
Game of Thrones prequel

[Edited on 06/10/2018 by tarcolan]
wburns1989
Council Member
Send Message
THIS IS LITERALLY ALL I WANTED IN SEASON 8! https://amzn.to/3uCU0Bu
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email