Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Crazy stuff you have done in real life relating to LOTR
on: December 09, 2012 11:37
Yes I make all of my garb. Let it be by sewing or taking something found at a second hand store and making it work for what I need it for. If you aren't that good with a sewing machine I recommend raiding of the 2nd hand store, you can find something nice for a base and then either layer or remove parts of other clothes to make it work. For example my fighting garb was an Indian dress (thing) so the sleeves were short, I fixed that by taking the pants that came with it, I cut them off and put them in the short sleeves and there you go! (I used fabric glue to put them in originally then used a sewing machine when I could) If you have any questions just send me a PM.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2012 12:37
Is it just me or are yor ears pointed?
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2012 01:07
No, it's not just you, I used prosthetic ears. I got my pair from http://www.aradanicostumes.com/, they work pretty well. My only complaint is about keeping them looking skin tone....but it's probably due to how I handle them. >.>
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2012 01:19
Awesome ears! If u go to my forum, i have a lembas recipe on the Middle-Earth recipies. http://lordoftheringsthree.freeforums.org/index.php
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2012 02:02
Huh They look good
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2012 02:37
I thought the Aragorn Athelas Tea sounded yummy for the morning. I bought this tea called Gandalf the Grey Tea.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2012 05:42
I wish i could fight in a LARP type thing!
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2012 06:28
Here, I guess I should place it in my signature... But here's the link to the website http://www.dagorhir.com/ on one of the pages should be a map of the realms for different areas. ^.^
Taug anin ú-daug.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2012 10:28
Your clothes are quite beautiful, Lastiel_Rusc. You have a great talent in that you created them out of other garments. I wore a green velvet long dress that I have had for years and a black velvet cloak that I found at an antique shop. I got my Elvish ears at a costume shop and they are LOTR official ones but are no longer being made. Your ears are great, I will take a look at that website. Enjoy The Hobbit!!

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2012 06:06
I am so excited about wearing my dress to the Hobbit!
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2012 11:40
Thank you Lindarielwen! (I'm never completely happy with them, but as long as people like them I guess they are good. ^.^) And your dress sounds lovely! Do you have a picture of them somewhere? And yes same to you!
Taug anin ú-daug.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2012 08:20
Yes. Go to the Lord of the Rings Pictures topic on my forum and then go to clothing. It is the red and navy blue dress at the top
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2012 09:48
Today I wrote an essay on who I admire most I put Luthien.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2012 11:24
Luthien is cool!
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2012 02:57
Yup she is way too unheard of though
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2012 08:01
Agreed! I made my lembas bread tonight! it was yummy! i also made mallorn leaves from craft foam!
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2012 09:57
^ Ooh, I love lembas! So goooood...
AND I JUST SAW THE HOBBIT!!!!!!!! I did my hair like Galadriel, wore my Elvish necklace, put on pointy ears, and totally geeked out at the theatre Unfortunately, I was the only one there dressed up (aside from my sisters) lol But it was still awesome! <33
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2012 05:53
I will dress up when I see The Hobbit tomorrow. I bet I will be the only one dressed up just like at the Trilogy. I do not care. I will be the one having a wonderful time. GotPrecious it sounds like you looked awesome!

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2012 10:05
I chickened out and didn't dress up. I probably would if one of my friends were with me, but only my family. I might ask my friend Danny if when we go to see it if he wants to dress up as someone and then i would do it!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2012 11:27
On Christmas Eve I went with several friends to a wonderful place called Downtown Disney. They were having holiday entertainment there with music, dancing, singing,and storytelling. I decided to try and imitate my avatar so I got a string of battery operated little lights that I wound around my head and when I turned them on, they glowed in my hair. Such fun! I will do that again!

Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2012 10:47
we r going to see the Hobbit again on Sunday with my friend Danny. we r both dressing up
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2013 12:29
I saw The Hobbit for the second time this morning. As before, I was the only one dressed up. I mean, how could not one other person besides me dress up? I could not wear my Elvish ears because they would not stay on. I hope I can see The Hobbit at least 2 more times before it is gone from the theaters. Does anyone think there will be an extended edition released after the theatrical is released?
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2013 07:53
I have some Elf ears, but my skin is tan and they are a really pale skin tone color, so they look really bad! lol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2013 09:02
Oh that is funny, Legolas23. I wonder if you could colour the ears with some strong tea. Without ruining them, of course.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2013 12:48
that's an interesting idea! i will try it! if i can find them!
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2013 01:07
Just working on a knitted cloak, it's a lovely 'weathered rock' color. Once it's done I think it will help make my LOTR garb more complete and even warmer. If the cloak is warm enough I might just end up wearing it around town instead of the big bulky jackets that I've got. ^.^
Taug anin ú-daug.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2013 01:41
Yes, by all means, wear the cloak when you go out, Lastiel_Rusc. Just make sure that you do make it warm enough. I love to wear my cloak when I go out. Much, much better than a bulky jacket. In fact, make several. You can have one to wear no matter what the temperature is outside.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2013 08:21
Yes, wear the cloak! I have one, but it is too thin. i will have to make/buy another one
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2013 08:29
I'm planning on it. It's being made from yarn I found at Michaels,the brand is called Loops & Thread and the type is Country Loom so it's somewhat chunky. And it's SO warm on my lap!
Taug anin ú-daug.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 02:14
when you get done with that one, you should make one that looks like the Elvish cloak given to the members of the Fellowship in Lothlorien.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 07:53
Well that's a bit of the intent with this cloak, but I just couldn't find yarn that looked similar to what they used in the movies, that I also like. I know I'm going to try to post pictures once I'm done. Right now I'm still trying to figure out what kind of brooch I should make for it...Hmmm.
Taug anin ú-daug.
Julianna Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 08:10
i want to know where i can but the cloak. i would wear it a lot! I know you can but the leaf clasp, then i could put that on the cloak
Legolas is ~L~ovely! Legolas is ~E~verlastingly talented! Legolas is ~G~reat! Legolas is ~O~h so awesome! Legolas is ~L~ovable! Legolas is ~A~mazing! Legolas is ~S~weet! ~LEGOLAS~ rules! Mrs.Greenleaf
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 09:46
But? Do you mean buy? Um...I make most if not all of my costumes, and my cloak is no different. I can give you a link to the pattern (I'll post it at the bottom)I've also been thinking about how to make the clasp, but if you can share a link I'll take a look at it. ^.^ (Sorry I'm a bit of a perfectionist with my costumes, and they are *never* finished/good enough in my opinion.)

So if you want to knit a cloak, I used some 'chunky' or 'homespun' yarn it tends to make it feel warmer. And here's the link! Happy Knitting!http://chrisknitsinniagara.blogspot.com/2011/09/merlot-hooded-cape.html
Taug anin ú-daug.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 06:47
You can buy the leaf clasp and cloak on amazon i believe
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 09:29
I found my leaf clasp at Party City but that was several years ago. Maybe with the release of The Hobbit, that store will have them again.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email