Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
So guys, I have something I might be doing to my hair. I think I might wait for it to grow a little longer, but I think it will make it a little more different without going totally off the deep end and dying it crazy colors. I'm thinking about making my hair ombre, where its blonder at the bottom, and as it goes up towards the roots, it fades back into your natural hair color. Like this:

Except it would be more gradual than the one on the left. It's something that can be easily done at home, and the coloring can be bought at your local Walgreens or CVS. There's plenty of YouTube videos on who to do it, and I think I'm gonna try it as soon as it gets a couple inches longer

What do you think?
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Lady Miriel Gelliam
Council Member
Send Message
I think doing an ombre effect can be really pretty! I like the example on the right; it looks almost natural. Actually, I really like that people are doing this! 'Cause I'm not a fan of crazy colours, but it's fun to do something different to your hair. I'd never be that brave, but I think you should try it!
"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important." ~ The Eleventh Doctor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I like it a lot, Sammy! And it would look nice on you, you have the prfect length for it. If you need help, let me know!

I will be posting a picture of myself with my new hairstyle in the coming days!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Ombre seems to be the rage right now so go for it! You are brave, I think, to consider doing it yourself (or with a little help from your friends). Do it for the summer, it will be lots of fun.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
That's what I'm thinking of doing. It would look more natural in the summer, and my hair will be longer then. I'm not the kind of person to go off the deep end and dye my whole head different shades of green, blue, or purple. But I did want something that looks natural that would make my hair look more interesting, especially when it's braided So I thought this was the way to go!
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
lady_emilie
Council Member
Send Message
Has anyone tried any of Silvousplaits Hairstyling LOTR or Hobbit tutorials? I have and she's super talented and explains the steps really clearly! She's done a lot of other fantasy-inspired styles, GoT, Vikings and stuff. You should go check out her youtube account
Fool of a Took!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
That sounds like a great channel! Thanks for sharing!

My hair is finally getting a little longer but soon I need to have it trimmed. The ends are all dry and ugly.
I wish I was better at styling my own hair. I usually just wear it down or in a loose braid. If I want something fancier I usually need one of my sister's to help me. I can hardly even brush my own hair when it's wet because of how long it's getting!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email