Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
Post CoE Seeking Staff Members
on: March 07, 2012 11:13
Council of Elrond is looking for several new staff members. These positions will stay open until they are filled.

Themes Admin

Duties:

- make new themes for this site; this will largely involve making new graphics and then coding the necessary CSS so that it will work with our current theme layout.

Requirements:

- proficiency in CSS
- a decent graphics editor, such as Photoshop as well as the skills to use it
- good design skills

To Apply:

Please send the following over PM to Rivka: one paragraph detailing why you want the position and why you would be good at it. Include any links to any sites that you have done the design and/or CSS for.

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Post Re: CoE Seeking Staff Members
on: March 11, 2012 04:12
I notice that the Games forum is not on the list and I would love to take on the position if you need an Admin.
Rivka
Send Message
on: March 11, 2012 10:03
We'll probably be opening that up in a month or two. Right now, there's not any actual games to be an admin of!
Rivka
Send Message
on: March 15, 2012 05:51
Only one day left -- please get your applications into me, ASAP!
Rivka
Send Message
on: March 20, 2012 11:33
We didn't receive any applications for the humor or themes admin positions, so I'm going to leave these open. Please apply if you are interested!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 22, 2012 10:44
A question about the themes admin: would you consider someone who is willing to learn CSS? Or are you really wanting someone who already knows it well?
Thanks.
Rivka
Send Message
on: March 23, 2012 11:07
Yes, I'm willing to teach the person. The more important part is that they have good graphic skills.
Llarian
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2012 07:04
Are you still seeking people to help with the admin for the humor section? I wasn't sure the position was still open, but if it is, please send me a PM. We can share a cyber-ale and chocolate chip cookies and chat about it.
Illiana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2012 05:37
Ok,I don't really know who to ask about this,but I have a game suggestion for the single player games on the Chatbar.It's called Kingdom Rush and it's on www.a10.com. It reminds me a lot of LOTR,so I thought it might be a fun game to add.
Illiana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2012 05:41
Oh,and also,I tried to send a PM to Rivka about my idea,but it wouldn't let me.I'm still trying to figure out the whole PM thing,so I was wondering if there was a reason for that,or if I'm just not going to the right page.XD
Malinornë
FAQ Admin, Quenya Moderator & Eldameldë
Send Message
on: March 31, 2012 10:04
Illiana, the only reason you would be unable to send a PM to Rivka would be if her message box was full. In that case, she can't receive any more messages. Go ahead and send me a test message if you like

It's great to hear you have a suggestion for a game! You will likely need to be patient, though, as Rivka is still dealing with setting up the various sections of the site after the move and thus has limited time for new things.

Please note that there is a thread in this forum for suggestions for the site. Collecting all ideas and suggestions there is more practical for the site than having them scattered in various staff members' message boxes. I (or another staff member) will move your post there as soon as you've had the chance to read this. Thanks again for your suggestion!
Malinornë
Send Message
on: March 31, 2012 10:12
Quote from Llarian on March 30, 2012, 17:04
Are you still seeking people to help with the admin for the humor section?

The position is still open and will remain so until someone is hired. If you're interested, please send your application to Rivka by PM as described in the first post in this thread
Illiana
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2012 06:31
XD Thank you for replying!I understand that Rivka is probably busy,so I understand that it might be a while.XD I also apologize for putting my idea in the wrong forum.XD
Malinornë
Send Message
on: April 02, 2012 01:40
No problem Illiana! Seems I'm unable to move your post, though (the forum is still being worked on), so could you please just re-post your suggestion in the right thread yourself?
Illiana
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2012 08:42
I can definatelly do that!XD
Rivka
Send Message
on: June 12, 2012 10:49
Humor admin position has been filled. We are still seeking a themes admin, though!
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2012 01:24
Well, I've got design skills, but not Photoshop, so I couldn't do themes... but some other CoE-ers have been wondering if there was a Games Forum mod/admin... If the position is available, I would love to send an application. Please and thank you!!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
AnariaLaurelin
Council Member
Send Message
As I've mentioned, I would love to be a themes admin, but I don't know CSS. I can make graphics though. Could I fill this position without knowing enough programming?
Image Image
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
I suggest you PM or email Rivka about this, Anaria; she's been busy of late and I'm not sure if she checks this thread.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email