Register

Author Topic:
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Homemade Map of Middle Earth
on: March 21, 2012 02:29
Hello all!

I throught I would post a map I made of middle earth for use in a fan film which one day I will get round to making....

How I made it, I used thick artist's paper, tea stained it then basicly dived in with an ink pen, after I finished it (which took ages) I added fake blood stains, real mud stains, prints, wax drips and burns.

Anyhow, heres the finished result, its not perfect by any means but it was ment to be drawn by my chractor in my Fan film, so that adds to its uniqueness. I imagine all maps would be slightly different due to being hand drawn.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
Post Re: Homemade Map of Middle Earth
on: March 21, 2012 08:57
Looks really cool! You did an excellent job making it looked aged.
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2012 12:08
This is fantastic!! You did an amazing job! It really looks authentic and worn.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Xariex
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2012 03:35
Wonderful, great work
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2012 01:26
Thank you everyone!
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
~Fëanor_Curufinwë~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2012 05:27
Awesome map!
I also made a Middle-earth map... but it's not as good as yours.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2012 01:44
Thanks for the comment ~Fëanor_Curufinwë~ Your Elvish style room is wonderful!
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2013 10:45
It looks lovely! I'm sad that I lost the first one I made.... /sigh Lost it at a Renaissance Faire. Just means that I need to sit down and work on the next one with hopes that it looks better than the previous!
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email