Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Elder Scrolls
on: May 17, 2012 11:49
Hey I was just wondering if anyone else has played any of the Elder Scrolls games. They Are pretty fun. I have played a good bit of Skyrim and Morrowind.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: The Elder Scrolls
on: May 23, 2012 10:36
Oh, well I was HOPING someone else did!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2012 11:45
Hi there! I myslef LOVE The Elder Scrolls! I have played Oblivion and Skyrim, I really like the fact that TES games feel very Lotr-ish (They are inspired by Lotr fantasy.) In my opinion they are some of the most fun games out there.

Nice screens by the way!
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2012 10:13
Finally, a fellow fan!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2012 11:41
Good news about the Heafire DLC eh!? Its the sort of thing I have always dreamed of having on the console! I mean the PC users have mods but I have nbever been able to afford a gaming PC.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2012 03:11
Oh yeah, well if you ever have the money i would get one if i were you. I got mine off eBay for just like $250, and you can use PCs for a ton of things besides gaming.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2012 02:01
Yeah, I guess one day I'll get one!
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2012 04:18
Yo, I should have posted here a long time ago but I just never did. I am more-or-less a Morrowind fan (not being able to play the other Elder Scrolls games yet). I've just recently began to do a little bit of simple modding. Not much now but it might turn into something one day.
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Tuilinnel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2012 06:15
TES is pretty much my favourite gaming series of all time Leoflic!

Even though it's getting to be a bit ancient... morrowind will always hold a warm fuzzy place in my heart because it was the first game I ever played I think.... that and it's just so massive.

Hey Beren, modding is heaps of fun once you get over that quite steep learning curve at the beginning. It's about to be summer where I live (freedom from uni!) and I'm working on a house for my new character in Vivec. Can't wait to have the free time to play again

Morrowind is just so massive... there's always new avenues to explore...
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2012 10:52
Haha, that's funny. In my tutorial the person making a house in Vivec as well. What is with that place? I can barely stand it! Maybe one of these days I'll learn to like it.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2013 04:06
Do any of you guys know what Morrowind looks like after you install the overhaul? (http://www.moddb.com/mods/morrowind-overhaul-sounds-graphics) Here is a beautiful view of Balmora with a lot of trees added Image
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2013 04:37
Awesome-sauce!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Meant to say, any of you PC Skyrim players, you have got to try this mod out:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5727/?

Its really amazing, the weapons are so beautiful!
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, that does look very nice.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
Does anyone else find the enormous amount do Oblivion Gates in Oblivion annoying. I mean, I know that the game is about those mostly, but I've gotten to the point where I sometimes just bypass the gates on purpose. Either that or I cheat and use noclip to breeze through them.
Sarniel
Council Member
Send Message
I know right I used to hate the amount of Oblivion gates. I do realise this is an old thread, but its nice to see fellow Elder Scrolls fans. I loved the extra content in Skyrim, the more dragons the better!
However my favourite one remains Morrowind

[Edited on 12/25/2014 by Sarniel]
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I still overplay these games... mainly Skyrim if I'm honest. Sometimes, I love to just walk around Skyrim for inspiration. I become all-too immersed in them, and I have to be physically dragged away from my console... I had Oblivion on PC and I need to replay Morrowind, I think. Reading this has tempted me to do so...

And so near to a university deadline too...
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Sarniel
Council Member
Send Message
Tell me about it...

I love walking around Morrowind more than Skyrim, though Skyrim has a beautiful landscape as well, but there is just something that draws me to the scenes from Morrowind.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
2016 and still playing Skyrim and Oblivion. Oblivion is my favorite of the Elder Scrolls that I've played (I haven't finished Morrowind yet- I'm waiting for the Skywind mod to experience it in its new glory). Skyrim is fun, I've logged a bit over 1000 hours between console and pc. But Oblivion holds my heart.
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
They're all wonderful in their own way, for sure.
Ringilswrath
Council Member
Send Message
My favorite game is Skyrim, and I haven't played Oblivion before, but now I feel tempted to check it out after reading these comments so full of praise for it. But not right now. I have some Alchemy to do in Skyrim.
ImageImage

"Are you sure about that? It might just be a tie!" ~ Duo Maxwell, MS Gundam Wing

ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
Oblivion's story line is incredible- though Morrowind's far exceeds any of the others from what I've heard. While it got old sometimes going through the Oblivion Gates and cleaning out the same types of places over and over, the DLCs were what was the most fun for me in Oblivion. Shivering Isles expansion is my favorite game experience of all time so far.

I'm actually going to a convention in June called AwesomeCon and my theme for my outfit is Elder Scrolls. So excited!

If any of you watch Let's Plays of video games, I have to recommend GophersVids (Gopher) for Skyrim, especially his second play through. It's spectacular. Informative, funny, and still maintaining some amount of maturity haha.
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
I think I've watched that Elwing However, I have once again made the mistake decision to play Skyrim from the beginning again... this time as Khajit... just to see if the interaction is different from being a Wood Elf and it breaks up my constant playing of Red Dead Redemption...
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
My current play through is a dark elf assassin/thief. I freakin love the thieve's guild lol. Dark Brotherhood is fun too, which I'm having this character do. I'm going full dagger-backstabby stuff for this one, which is different 'cause I usually go for bows and ranged combat spells. I'm even dabbling in a bit of illusion magic.

Got a couple cool mods for my thief stuff. One is a mod that I installed after hitting 100 Sneak which allows me to go invisible once I crouch no matter what but the spell breaks when I pick something up. Doesn't mean much because 100 sneak does basically that, but it makes for awesome kill cams and is my fix for the 100 level cap on skills.
Ringilswrath
Council Member
Send Message
I am playing a Khajit assassin/thief, and with this character I did something different. Before doing any other questlines, I found all the Stones of Barenziah and the crown as well, and I am finding so many flawless gemstones in chests and urns I can barely make them all into jewelry for sale. It's pretty cool.

The mod I like the best is the Amazing Race Tweaks: Khajit mod, because it enables your character to jump six times higher than normal. It's an amazing way to play.
ImageImage

"Are you sure about that? It might just be a tie!" ~ Duo Maxwell, MS Gundam Wing

ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
See I always play as a wood elf, and on my last playthrough, I just maxed out all the available skills, so I had to start again to make the game interesting again!

I can't use mods as I play Skyrim mainly on my PS3; my laptop is dying a very slow death, but Windows 10 seems to have revived it slightly. So I have to play fair and square anyway
Image Image
Ringilswrath
Council Member
Send Message
My laptop is also trying to die, but I keep it around for Skyrim as much as anything else. I first played Skyrim on PS3, but after having gotten used to the mods, I don't think I'd ever play again on a console. Not that I have one. I've never played as a wood elf. I like to try all the different races. If I used a wood elf, I think I'd want to make legendary fur armor for some reason.
ImageImage

ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
I started on Xbox 360 for Skyrim but since going PC it's difficult to go back (but I do haha). My laptop runs Skyrim so long as it's low graphics and I don't overload it with mods. My essential mod list includes Climates of Tamriel and Pure Waters. Other ones are all just fun little helpful mods or player home mods. And Ultra Realistic World Lighting is my go-to lighting mod. I used to play with Frostfall but for some reason it isn't working with my laptop.

I've played wood elf once or twice I think. I tend to go with Breton for the magic resistance and Dragon Skin power. Khajiit, Imperial, Breton. Those are my favorites.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
It's interesting to see the variation between everyone's choice in gameplay. I like to play both PC and console (PS3 currently - I'm too poor for a PS4) for different things. I'm mainly a console player, as I never have issues playing games on it, as that's it what it's for ! My laptop does however allow me to play Star Trek Online and The Sims 3 haha, and some other games Steam sold cheaply.

I am enjoying playing as a Khajit, but I miss being a lithe Wood Elf and the additional perks. Ah well, maybe next time I'll play as a Nord or Breton. My friend always insists on playing as an Argonian - but they do swim well!
Image Image
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
I've played a fair bit of Skyrim now on my pc (now laptop). It's a lot of fun! I never really got super immersed and stuff and I'm playing as a Nord right now. My next goal is to get my smithing skill up really high so I can improve my weapons (man they suck right now ). Any suggestions on how to get my smithing skill higher? Like where to get ore and ingots?
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
I have played Morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim. I like Oblivion the best, just for the storylines, and I like some of the skills better. I really wish they hadn't taken acrobatics out when they made Skyrim. I didn't get very far in Morrowind. Sadly I started with Skyrim, and worked my way back and I just couldn't deal with Morrowind. It was like, impossible to level up, and I was getting killed by mudcrabs! MUDCRABS! lol I've already pre-ordered Skyrim Special Edition. Have never played on PC, so I am soooo excited to be able to mod the game on console!
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
Updating my hours. I now have 1000 hours in PC Skyrim AND 1500 hours on Console Skyrim across Skyrim and SSE. Plus Probably 500+ hours in Oblivion. I love these games.
Ameriel
Council Member
Send Message
Hoi!
I've played three games from The Elder Scrolls franchise - Oblivion, Skyrim and most recently The Elder Scrolls: Online, the last the shortest because of the lack of time nowadays.
I really like the lore - the fact that there are so many so different races. My favourite are the Bosmers: the all-carnivore wood elves with weapons and armor made of bones. I usually play as a Bosmer thief using sneaking and a bow as a main weapon.
^^
'But wherever I came it was ever the same: the feet fled, and all was still; never a greeting, only the fleeting pipes, voices, horns on the hill.' // http://www.councilofelrond.com/rpgcharacter/amaery/
Dolryth
Council Member
Send Message
YES! I play oblivion and Skyrim! I love the lore, storyline, and just everything about the games! So far I've only played the vanilla console versions, but am looking forward to trying out the pc games
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none live now who remember it. ~Lady Galadriel, LOTR
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email