Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
Post Legos!
on: July 08, 2012 02:48
Has anyone bought any of the new Lord of the Rings Lego sets?
I was hesitant at first but I thought I'd at least buy Gandalf Arrives as a token piece to add to my Tolkien collection (and it's the least expensive). Gandalf's cart full of fireworks looks very very cute sitting on my shelf next to my copy of The Hobbit. But I thought: "That's it. No more sets." Weeeell....pretty soon I found myself assembling Shelob the spider who, I might add, is a marvel in Lego design. Now I've added Weathertop and the Mines of Moria to my Christmas wish list.

Anybody else?
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Legos!
on: July 15, 2012 06:40
Ha, I wish!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: July 15, 2012 04:55
I didn't know you could even buy them yet! I would love just to have a minifig Aragorn. Ok, maybe a minifig Fellowship. Ok, maybe minifig Minis Tirith.
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: July 16, 2012 01:27
You can if you have lots of $$, at least for the bigger sets. There's also a Lego Bag End coming out later this year. *drools* It includes Gandalf, Bilbo, a few dwarves and even a tiny Thorin's map. Oh yes, Precious, we wantsss it....
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2012 08:16
I love Legos!! (I was actually playing with some yesterday... )

I didn't know they were out yet! I will certainly need to scour all of the nearby toy stores for them.. I was looking at all the pix on their website. So cute! They've got the different kinds of orcs, the Fellowship, Gollum, some people from Rohan, etc... I love all the tiny little details!

(ok, I'll stop blabbering on now.)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2012 12:13
Hey, anyone have Lego Digital Designer? Its pretty sweet lol!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2012 02:12
The Lotr Lego sets are brill! But I am saving up for other things at the moment, also I don't have the room lol. But they are awesome
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Legolas Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2012 11:02
They are great! I have Gandalf arrives, attack on weathertop, the Orc forge, and the battle of helms deep.
CEOofawesome
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2012 12:47
The Lego bagend set, called an unexpected gathering, is all most here! Lego has out up a video about it here. And I no this is kinda mean, but I like how the disigners name looks a little bit like something out of LOTR.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=m-feedu&v=diGKiCzlkHM
yes I regret my user name no I am not that full of myself
CEOofawesome
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2012 11:07
I come forth with another lego the hobbit set!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=_NXkibpeJJ4
And to answer your question, all I have is gandalf arrives. I want all of the others though! Mainly the Orc forge for me. What Doyle think of the hobbit sets?
yes I regret my user name no I am not that full of myself
Legolas Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2012 07:39
Hey guys all of the Lego the hobbit sets have been revealed now! There are pictures for them on the internet. These are the set names:

And unexpected gathering
Riddles for the ring
Goblin king battle
Attack of the wargs
Fleeing from mirkwood spiders
Barrel escape
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2013 05:14
i have all of the LOTR LEGO sets. I built them all by my self! I have:
Mines of Moria
The Battle of Helm's Deep
Gandalf Arrives (is that what it is called?)
Weathertop
Shelob's lair
and the Orc one. i think it is like the Forges or something like that
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I received Gandalf Arrives from my kitties for Mother's Day. It is my very first Lego set and the instruction booklet made me laugh....no words, just pictures. Putting it together was really fun and I surprised my own self that I did it without the kitties helping me.....well, Strider knocked a few pieces on the floor and refused to pick them up but that's kitties for you. Anyway, it is a delightful little addition to my desk.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email