Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678
Author Topic:
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Favorite Facial Expressions in the movies? (all three)
on: January 21, 2005 08:10
~Frodo's face at Osgiliath when Sam says, "DOn't you know your same?' He just kinda stares, and looks, and he looks just perfect...

That's my absolute favourite.
Darth_Pippin1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2005 04:24
TTT EE, when Aragorn tastes Eowyns stew! Especially when he trys to pour it on the ground and ends up burning himself. And then at the end when he just kind of gives up and eats it while Eowyn watches him. It cracks me up every time!
That was SO funny...Aragorn was really bothered by her when she kept asking questions, but he was so polite... Viggo does a lot of good facial expressions in all the movies he's in.
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2005 12:14
Think think....

1. Of course Aragorn's face after eating the stew! And when he's going to the paths of the dead and gimli says "We're going with u" he makes this boyish face of "oh u guys!!" lol

2. One of the extra's faces cracked me up, it's in TTT before Helm's Deep when it starts to rain, the guy in the back of Theoden just looks up like "Could it get any worse!"

3. Eowyn's eye twitches when she's rejected, I don't know why but my friends and I laughed so hard when we saw that (I think we ate too much candy).
belfalas_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 07:07
One that comes to mind for me is at the very end of ROTK when Bilbo gets on the ship and Galadriel has this wry little smile as if to say, "Now doesn't that beat all?", as she follows onto the ship.
Strider8
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 07:31
So so so... My favourite expressions are :
-Frodo's face after having been bitten by Shelob (it's sooo cool)
-Aragorn's mouth when he sees Eowyn's sword on her horse
-Aragorn's smile before the "For Frodo" to Gandalf at the black gate
-Arwen's face when she laughs in Aragorn's arms at the end of the movie
- ALL Aragorn's expressions:love:
...AND Rosie and Sam. Aren't they cute ?
This is for ROTk, Because I saw it yesterday.
Other movies will follow.
Elessar60
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 03:36
Boy, this is tuff!!!
FOTR-when strider looks over at the hobbits over his pipe, with just his eyes showing..... :love:
Just about any Eomer, or Aragorn scene......
TTT-when Aragorn puts his hand on Gimlis shoulder.... it's like, "down boy!"
ROTK-pretty much the whole movie!!! :love: One that stands out is the look on Eomers face when he realizes it is Eowyn he sees..........so sad.....
Lilythehobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 01:11
I have two favorite expressions buth by Frodo. First in FOTR right after Gandalf falls, everyone is crying and then Aragorn calls for Frodo. Frodo turns around and his this totally sad, totally emotional expression. It makes me want to hug him every time.

My second favorite is in ROTK when Frodo is on the boat in the Grey Havens and gives one last smile before he leaves. That smile is the cutest, it lights his whole face. Yes I'm know I'm Frodo obsessed....
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 06:47
My fave has got to be when you see Gandalf running and screaming into battle at the Black Gate....next time look! I found it quite funny. IDK why thugh. And Legolas' face when he says "Game Over" during the drinking game!
~hobbitluver~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 08:22
Wow, great topic! I'll have to watch them again and look for the expressions everyone's mentioning now...some I've never really noticed.

-I love in TTT when Aragorn eats Eowyn's stew. He's trying so hard to act like it's good, and the result is hilarious.

-Pippin's expression when Aragorn throws the apple at him in FotR and it hits him. He looks confused, and then starts looking at the sky like, "What, it's raining apples now?!?!"

-Frodo's expression when he's haning over the edge of the cliff in Mount Doom, right before Sam says, "Don't you let go." I love it, just love it.

-Gandalf's expression when Frodo says that he will take the Ring to Mordor during the Council fo Elrond. He seems to be thinking, "Oh no, NOW we're in trouble."

I know there are more, but it's late and I'm falling asleep at the keyboard. Dah...I'll see if I think of some more to post later.
EldarChild
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 04:09
I love pretty much all the expressions you guys posted so I'll refrain from re-posting them

I love Boromir's look when he says "They have a cave troll"
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 05:21
FotR - Pippin's expression when Gandalf yells at him for knocking the bucket & skeleton down the well

TTT - Grima's expression in Meduself when Theoden looks over at him with his sword - it's kind of a 'No, don't kill me!" expression. He looks very adorable! :heart:

RotK (EE) - The way Gollum looks at Sam when he's kind of threatening him, just before the begin to climb up the stairway. I find it quite amusing
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 11:25
I love Boromir's look when he says "They have a cave troll"

LoL! That one is very funny!! My other favorites are...

1) The look on Pippin's face after Denethro drags him out of the Houses of the Dead and slams the door. Pippin looks likes he is thinking "oh, drat!!"
2) The way Frodo, Merry, and Pippin look at each other at the end of RotK when Sam finally goes to talk to Rosie at the Green Dragon.
Ingold
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 12:39
Did anyone else see the look on Éowyn's face in the EE of ROTK when she found out Gothmog was alive? Priceless!

Also kudos to those Rohirrim extras when they saw the oliphaunts! They really looked utterly terrified yet knew what they had to do. It really shows the triumph of the human spirit.

Does anyone remember in FOTR when Aragorn was leading the Hobbits through a forest and the Hobbits were whispering among themselves thinking he couldn't hear but then Sam asks "But where's he leading us?" to which Aragorn replied "To Rivendell, Master Gamgee!" The look on the Hobbits' faces are fantastic when they realize that he heard them after all.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 02:16
Okay this is hard..I have three...
The Aragorn/Haldir one, the look on Boromir's face when he says, "They have a cave-troll", and the look on Elrond's face when the hobbits run past at the council meeting.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 03:07
I don't know if I have posted here before; my favourite facial expression is Elrond. His eyebrows are just so appealing.
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 04:32
Oh there are so many! I'll put some down.

FotR: When Sam looks over his shoulder at Rosie dancing at Bilbo's party. aww, he's so cute! And Elrond's expression when Merry and Pip shout, "Hey! We're coming too!" and they run by him at the CoE.

TTT: Haldir's face when Aragorn hugs him. And Gimli's expression when he realizes that he's going to have to be tossed onto the bridge in front of the gate.

RotK: (serious) The expression on Sam's face when he tells Frodo to "just let it go!" And then the expression on the three hobbits faces when Sam goes to talk to Rosie. Oh and the expression on Sam & Rosie's faces when they get married. One last one, Frodo's smile when he gets on the Elven boat at the Grey Havens.

So many...
FatalBeauty
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 03:19
FotR: after the death of Gandalf, when all of the Fellowship are crying, Aragorn looks at Frodo: and his face looks so sad, Frodo's eyes are full of grief

TTT: Gríma and his poisonous eyes and words...This pic is so great! Very grim, very wicked and very...Gríma.
http://www.warofthering.net/gallery/galleries/albums/tttwormtongue/images/twotowers193.jpg

RotK: when Aragorn is preparing for leave (to the Paths of the Death), Éowyn is so sad when she realises that Aragorn doesn't love her...
http://www.warofthering.net/gallery/galleries/albums/rotk/rotkeowyn/images/RotK-0076.jpg

[Edited on 7/2/2005 by FatalBeauty]
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 05:40
*points to FatalBeauty's avatar*
That has got to be one of the best expressions too - nay, the best!

~ Grima
FatalBeauty
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 08:07
*points to FatalBeauty's avatar*
That has got to be one of the best expressions too - nay, the best!

Aww, how could I forget that! Of course it's awesome, too!:love:
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 10:29
Hmmm...*gulp*.....ummmm....!!!

FOTR: When Gandalf and Frodo are trying not to laugh. *lol* This was at the very beginning of the movie, as you all recal I'm sure. Oh, and that little girl's expression when Bilbo tells her and all the hobbit kids a story.

TTT: Uhhh....no clue!! Oh wait!! It's that part where Pippin just realizes that he's hanging on to Treebeard.

ROTK: 1.When Merry does that silent "ohhhh" when Sam goes to propose to Rosie Cotton, and 2.Frodo's smile. NOTHING can beat a more perfect ending then that smile.
HerenyeofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 11:13
Hmmmm....favorite facial expressions. I'll have to think about this-
FotR- Frodo outside of Moria. I've finally come to appreciate this look- it makes me want to hug him :hug:
Pippin accidently knocking the skelaton down the well- opps!
The whole Boromir dying scene, all of the expression there

TTT- When Haldir hugs Aragorn :hug:
I can't think of anything else- haven't seen this movie in awhile ?????

RotK- Theoden's face when he see's the Mumukil
All of the Hobbit's expressions when everybody bows to them!
Oh yes, I've always liked Merry's "ohhh" at the Green Dragon
Eowyns_Horse
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 03:43
When Frodo gets stabbed by the cave troll in Moria, he makes this face and goes "Guurrrkk" or something like that. Did anyone else notice that he does it again...and again... and again? Like PJ forgot to film enough material for that scene and so he plays that one "Guurrrkk" over and over again in slow motion...Now I start laughing every time I see that.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 05:00
HerenyeofRohan: "ohhh".......you agree with me?!

Eowyns_Horse: *lol* I know, he makes that sound throughout the films! Then again...we all have our "moans-of-pain".

fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 06:35
ROTK: Aragorn's face when he sees Arwen again.
Galadriel in the Grey Havens
LadyWoodelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2005 11:38
My most favorite expression is the look on Frodo's face when he wakes up, in ROTK, and sees Gandalf. Priceless.
TinaHalfelven
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2005 12:29
Frodo's smile at the Grey Havens. It was just so blissful and happy, but you are so sad and... -gushes on-

Also :heart:Legolas:heart:, when Gandalf died. He was like "Whoa. Hang on. He's GONE?!?!? Must. Not. Cry. Look lost instead. Much hotter." xD
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: August 03, 2005 04:45
Oh, far too many to count! Frodo when he sees Gandalf come for Bilbo's party. Elrond's distressed look when Isildur takes the Ring. Galadriel's loving look when she offers her hand to Frodo in his dream/vision state in RoTK. Legolas when he realizes it's a Balrog that scared the Orcs away in Moria. Aragorn's expression when he bursts through the doors of Helm's Deep. And more... *sigh* Really some very good scenes throughout all three movies.
Arwen_The_Elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2005 11:18
FotR: Elrond's face when Isildur walks away, leaving him in Mt. Doom; Elrond's ammused face after Sam comes running into the council; the look on Pippin's face when Merry asks "So where are we going?"

TTT: Haldir's face when Aragorn hugs him: kinda like "Oh MY godm why is this guy hugging me? Ok, just this onces...."; Arwen's facee during the "You have my love father"

RotK: Elrond's face when he left Arwen go at the corination; Eomer's face when he finds his sister; Elrond when Arwe says There is no ship that can bear me hence; and Aragorn's face when he sees Arwen at the corination.
~Caradhriel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 01:59
My favourite has to be Theodens expression at Helms Deep when the Orcs are approaching and it starts to rain.

Its like "We got a big army of nasties comin to kill us, we haven't got nearly enough men.... and on top of all that, its raining."
Nerdanel_Amarie
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 02:36
The one facial expression that absolutely makes me bawl everytime I see it is in ROTK, when Arwen comes to Aragorn at his coronation. Elrond's face when he "gives his daughter away" is sooooooooooo completely heartwrenching. :cry:

But I love it:love:
marymairi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 06:10
I just love Merry and Pippin in general. So almost everything of theirs. Especially Merry when Pippin drank the Ent-draft and he says, "Three-foot-eight..."
Morna_Child_of_Eru
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2005 02:39
Just from a pure acting standpoint, I love when Frodo turns around and screams for Gandalf in the mines of Moria. I would so love to try to play an extreme part like that. Let's see, what else...

Gollum's expressions are amazing, esp in his Dead Marshes conversation with Frodo.

Oh Oh two more. Frodo's expression when he takes the ring off in the Prancing Poney. He's like "what the heck just happened" and then totaly scared cause some big human just grabbed the front of shirt. Another good one is Sam's expression when Gollum calls him Fat (when he's cooking the rabbits). When you know exactly what everyone is going to say next, suprise is hard to pull of. Go Sean!

[Edited on 8/8/2005 by Morna_Child_of_Eru]
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2005 07:48
I love the look on the cheif Orc's face when Aragorn Legolas and Gimli jump down from the ship...and Aragorns expression as he starts charging at them.

Also Gimli when Legolas ask him if he should find a box. Gimli is trying to decide wether he's insulted but he sees the funny side of it.
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2005 09:39
O.K. just foudn the greatest exopression ever! You have to watch in slo-mo though. In the Battle At The Balck Gate, right when everyone starts to run, they show Gandalf running into battle, (the camera is in front of him, showing his face). Watch this part in slo motion, you will surely get a thrill out of it!
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2005 07:01
Another of my favourites is the look Eomer has during the drinking contest when Legolas says "I feel something" he just looks so astonished!
<< First45678
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email