Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Post Costumes - Hobbits
on: November 30, 2012 10:56
With the Hobbit movie approaching release I was wondering if anyone has made a hobbit costume. I was surprised when I didn't find a thread for that here, so I made one. If you have made a Hobbit costume feel free to post pictures. If you have any tips or questions about making one, you can share it here.
Here is a picture of one of my sisters in the Hobbit costume my older sister made for her. We put a different skirt over the original one because it was more full. I curled her hair by dampening it, then wrapping it around strips of stretchy t-shirt material, and tied it. She slept in it and when we took it out in the morning...Voila! Short bouncy hobbit curls in hair that is normally about the middle of her back and won't hold curl.

"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Post Re: Costumes - Hobbits
on: November 30, 2012 11:39
Thanks for setting up this thread, Eruwestiel. That's one very hobbit-y costume and hairstyle. Well done!
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2012 01:39
That's a great costume, and a really neat way of curling hair! Nice work!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2012 03:01
Ain't my sister a cutie?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2012 08:42
Thank you!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Yep, that's me! Thanks Mareth!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Aww, thats an adorable costume! my little sister is planning on being a hobbit for a costume party at church.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
That's awesome Maxie! And thanks!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email