Register

Author Topic:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Post Pré-Hobbit clean-up [i][Temporary thread][/i]
on: December 03, 2012 02:09
For those who might be wondering at the changes that are going on in the Newbies forum, I thought I'd put up a word of explanation.

Since the Hobbit is going to be released soon, we can expect a lot of new members flocking to our site. Since for many their first stopover is the Newbies forum, it was time to tidy up a little in here. That means removing old threads with little added value, merging and updating threads with incorrect information (often due to the changeover to the new site, e.g. threads concerning signatures) and creating new threads to guide newbies through their first steps on the site.
Old threads aren't completely removed, they are moved to the Newbie Archives for safekeeping (please do not post anything in the Newbie Archives yourself).

I hope to freshen up this part of the forums to make it a more comfortable and efficient place for new and old members to come and say hi as well as find answers to their questions. The whole process will take a good few days/weeks, so keep an eye out for all the changes. Suggestions are always welcome .
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Pré-Hobbit clean-up [i][Temporary thread][/i]
on: December 03, 2012 09:11
Sounds good!
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: December 04, 2012 01:15
Welcome back from Holland, Gondo.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2012 06:25
While I am in line tomorrow waiting to see the Trilogy and next week while waiting for The Hobbit, I plan on handing out little cards with this web address on them. It would be wonderful to get some new members.

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 06, 2012 11:10
^wow you go Lindarielwen!
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2012 04:39
I should do that at the Hobbit ^-^
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: December 10, 2012 02:41
A newbie guide has been posted (sticky topic), to help our new members find their way around the site.
A guide with practical tips will follow (signatures etc.)
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email