Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
niniel the weaping
Council Member
Send Message
Post Fan Movies, Fan-written scripts, stories books... What did you do?
on: December 05, 2012 05:25
I created this topic so that we can talk about ur lives that involve "Lord of the Rings", 'The Hobbit", or other Tolkien's amazing stories. As you read the books, or watched the movie, what feelings did it awoke, were any inspired to do anything special?
I must say, I was for sure. I enjoy singing, and love singing few of the songs from LOTR and The Hobbit. I love listening to Howard's Shore music sometimes too. I do fan art, and one day hope to illustrate one of Tolkien's books. I also like Tolkien's writing style, and I love re-reading his novels, and even writing myself. Some of my other ideas was to cook a gingebread house that's a hobbit hole.
But one of the main things, I wanted to film Tolkien's novels. Such as "The Silmarillion", or "The Children of Hurin", stories that hadn't been made into movies yet. After watching "Born of Hope" (a fan-madde movie), I always wanted to make a fan movie. I wrote part of a script (just for fun),when Finrod came and saw men. First I thought it was relly bad, but once you imagine good actors saying it, it's actually okay.

I might be able to post the script later. But anyways, please share your experience.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Fan Movies, Fan-written scripts, stories books... What did you do?
on: December 05, 2012 11:27
I would love to be part of a fanfilm. But there's no body close enough to me that would be willing to be a part of something like that. If I knew that people were willing I would try to come up with a script to create a fanfilm if possibl. But alas, I'm in California and most people that are willing to create and spend the time to make one are no where close. /sigh
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
niniel the weaping
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2012 02:43
Lastiel_Rusc, I understnad you so well. There's is almost no one I know that likes LOTR or Tolkien a lot, not to mention the number of people you'll need for a fanfilm. That's one of my dreams, I just hope one day, people around me would just decide to make a film, and I'll just hear about it, and... My life completed.
(Actually, I'm not that obsessed with "Lord of the Rings", and other work of Tolkien's, I love the books, the development of languages, the characters, the meanings, etc. But I'm love my life too, my family and friends. LOTR just goes shortly after the people close to me.)
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2012 04:38
Well, if you ever come close to Cali let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you out with trying to get a fanfilm worked out. Not to mention that I've got the feeling that some of the other Council Members would agree and wish to be apart of something like that if it was close enough and if they had enough time to do so.

(Well, obsessed or not it's obvious that Middle Earth is dear to you. And I can understand probably due to how the books seem to engulf the reader in it's world. ^.^)
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I always thought a good topic for a fan film would be a myopic of The Battles of The Fords of Isen taken from The Two Towers and mainly from Unfinished Tales, I even started writing an outline for a screenplay. Maybe one day it will come to fruit.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Feylinn
Council Member
Send Message
I would love to see a film-adaptation of Beren and Luthien - hands down, that is my favorite Tolkein story. Im a great story writer, but I suck at scripting, so I'll leave that to the pros. I do enjoy sewing and designing costumes, though, and I've actually got a sketchbook with rough outlines of costumes for each character.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Yes Feylinn, the Beren and Luthien tale would be epic on a big screen IF somebody other than PJ & Co does it.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I think a audio drama for the Silmarillion might fit better than a movie.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email