Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Post Stupid Hobbit movie questions you have been asked?
on: December 16, 2012 05:21
Ok recently the Hobbit movie was released so i started this thread, firstly i dont think anyone is stupid so please take no offence .

So what stupid Hobbit movie questions have you been asked?
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Stupid Hobbit movie questions you have been asked?
on: December 16, 2012 08:26
Well, let's see. My brother asked, "Why is Thorin Oakenshield called Thorin Oakenshield?" right after it showed him defeating the Pale Orc.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2013 11:30
I told someone just the other day that I have seen The Hobbit twice. The comment? "Oh, is that the new Harry Potter movie?"
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2013 08:38
ha ha. what did u tell them
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2013 01:48
I smiled and said nothing. There was no point in mentioning Tolkien or Middle-earth or Peter Jackson or Lord of the Rings. I would have gotten a blank stare.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2013 05:10
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2013 07:15
I was told that a Friend of my Mom, wanted to ask about why the Hobbit film was made after LoTR. My Mom explained that she thinks that it's because the Hobbit book was written *after* the LoTR.

I did not have a chance to talk to my Mom's Friend, but I explained when they were written, and why the movies was done in reverse. I'm just waiting for more questions when my Mom and little sisters finally see the movie (Probably when it comes out on DVD...I'm hoping before because I want to see it soon!)
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2013 09:46
HE HE
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2013 09:46
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2013 11:12
Not entirely related, but is. Mom and I were watching the newest Indiana Jones movie, the one with Cate Blanchett and that kid from the Transformer movies. Anyways I made a comment about how great of an actress Cate is, Mom looked at me and asked if she was the fairy queen from LoTR/Hobbit. I looked at her in shock that she'd call an elf a fairy, then she said 'You know what I am talking about.' ...'yes Mom I do...fairys and elves are two different things....'/sigh
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2013 06:42
my aunt is like that as well. she calls the people from LOTR like... for example. Arwen= Elf lady Aragorn= The King Dude
i know what she is talking about...most of the time.
Julianna Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2013 07:46
mine was: why is Smeagol in this one i thought he was dead
*facepalm*
Legolas is ~L~ovely! Legolas is ~E~verlastingly talented! Legolas is ~G~reat! Legolas is ~O~h so awesome! Legolas is ~L~ovable! Legolas is ~A~mazing! Legolas is ~S~weet! ~LEGOLAS~ rules! Mrs.Greenleaf
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2013 09:55
he he
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2013 07:46
How's this one? "You mean you want to see it AGAIN?"
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2013 08:37
ah sad
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2013 06:20
That's nuts! who said that!?
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: January 18, 2013 01:52
Ditto
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2013 02:25
Hravan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2013 04:54
Not a question but possibly the stupidest thing I've heard said about the Hobbit film is it's awful because it's not like LotR and it's geared towards children.

Ummmm.... hello?! Have you read the book?! Do you even know what the Hobbit is?
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2013 08:16
that's stupid!
lol
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2013 05:43
Quote from Hravan on January 19, 2013, 14:54
Not a question but possibly the stupidest thing I've heard said about the Hobbit film is it's awful because it's not like LotR and it's geared towards children.

Ummmm.... hello?! Have you read the book?! Do you even know what the Hobbit is?

Yes that tends to drive me nuts then I go off on a tangent about which book was written first, and how Tolkien created his world.....All the while getting the eyes glazed over look from the people I'm talking to.
Taug anin ú-daug.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2013 01:57
He he he he
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2013 05:08
Yeah, I have nothing against it being for kids, I just wish they would have 'had more of/stuck closer to' the story. That is what really annoyed me about it.
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2013 05:51
yup
like the pale orc for ex.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2013 09:09
i didn't see anything wrong with the movie. i am reading the Hobbit and so far it has been fine for me.
Belegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2013 04:15
I took my friend to see the Hobbit. She never read the books, but I had gotten her over the summer to watch every extended edition LotR movie with me. When we left, she asked the eagle question.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2013 08:25
i didn't see anything wrong with the movie. i am reading the Hobbit and so far it has been fine for me.

You watched the movie first? If so, that's why you don't see any thing wrong with it. I personally was quite disappointed with the movie....like my brother said:

Yeah, I have nothing against it being for kids, I just wish they would have 'had more of/stuck closer to' the story. That is what really annoyed me about it.

I probably would have loved The Hobbit movie if it had been more like the book, 'cause I really like the book. :\
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2013 02:27
Well, I had one of my friends from school ask me why Bilbo was younger looking in the Hobbit than in LOTR. I about killed my friend because two secomds previous I explained that the Hobbit was a prequel. Yikes....
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2013 07:38
"Are the spiders in here?" While at the scene in Gollum's Cave, "No, that will be in the next movie...in Mirkwood not in the caves beneath the Misty Mountians." -Me
Taug anin ú-daug.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2013 08:39
The Hobbit dvd's are out and there is one for 3D. I was asked if I was getting that one. (already have the regular) I said I do not have a 3D television. "Oh, you need a special TV?"
Galethiel
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: April 17, 2013 04:31
My all-time favourite: "but I thought Frodo destroyed the ring?"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2013 02:53
Oh my goodness. That is pretty bad!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
It seems that even after being told multiple times, some people still think the Hobbit is a sequel, just because it was released after the trilogy.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, sadly;D
Council Member
Send Message
This wasn't really a question, but i overheard some kid talking about the movie at school... He said something like, "yeah, steven jackson just can't make a short movie."
I almost killed* that person.

*not literally...
...all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email