Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Ever wish you could live in Middle Earth?
on: February 01, 2013 09:25
i agree with u 100% !
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2013 03:12
Ironfoot, if I could like your post I would!
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2013 03:35
I think (please, nobody take offence) that its a little bit crazy to wish you could go to a place you know does not exist. Sure, I'd LOVE to visit ME, even stay for a while, but I wouldn't want to live there permanently. Unless, that is, ALL my friends and family could be there with me! I wouldn't care about leaving technology and all our other comforts behind. But don't you like its a little bit much to get so worked up about a place that you know never has, can, or will exist? Don't get me wrong, I love LotR and ME.

Anyway, that's my point of view on this matter. I had no intention of offending anybody, so I'm sorry if I have done so.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: February 02, 2013 05:22
its a little bit crazy to wish you could go to a place you know does not exist

Craziness is a perfectly sane response to the modern world. It seems to me from the posts here that it is not so much about the other world we wish to go to than the world we are running from. Better then to try and make this world like that. Anyway, isn't Los Angeles just Minas Tirith in the seventh age? It's us mortals that're the problem.I feel a new sig coming on...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2013 07:34
Yes, that's it tarcolan! If we could go to ME we would mess it up just like we did with this world. Its not the world that's the problem, its us.

Anyway, isn't Los Angeles just Minas Tirith in the seventh age?

That is a very good way to look at!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2013 02:10
Quote from Mareth_Ravenlock on February 2, 2013, 17:34
Yes, that's it tarcolan! If we could go to ME we would mess it up just like we did with this world. Its not the world that's the problem, its us.

Anyway, isn't Los Angeles just Minas Tirith in the seventh age?

That is a very good way to look at!

That's why only I would go!! Muahahhahaha!!!

Mareth, I see what your saying. My head is just up in the stars, mate. This is purely hypothetical. I understand that my last comment was a bit dramatic. I wasn't in a good mood that night lol.

Oh, and I would imagine Tolkien probably got his influences for Minas Tirith from London, if anywhere. I hope not to offend any Californians here but LA is just...well I better keep my opinion to myself

Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2013 12:16
I wouldn't mind at all if I can magically go to ME. Going there and back here again when ever I wanted too…yeah I wouldn't mind that at all! ^^

Though, while dreaming about the thought another thought comes to me. I wonder how the ME people would react to us?
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2013 05:02
Personaly I would like to live in the shire! Its such a peaceful place.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2013 09:57
yes the Shire is a peaceful place. I would love to live there, but be adventurous like Frodo and Bilbo. Then i could go all over ME but still live in the Shire.
Dragonwings
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2013 08:31
Changed my mind. I'd really prefer to live in Middle Earth. The Shire would be relaxing. I could do with that.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2013 10:18
would anyone here want to live in Mordor?
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I have wanted to live in ME every second of my life! I would never feel helpless when I can't help someone, or can't help with an issue such as global warming. But it would be nice if I could bring a friend. I agree that it would good for there to be a completely natural place that isn't owned by anyone. I think Mordor wouldn't actually be all that bad. It would make you appreciate everything more.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Wolf2002
Council Member
Send Message
I would LOVE to be an elf called Arrowyn
i would have a bow and a horse that is all black called Aron
(if i was a elf i bet legolas would hate me because i would probably tape his bedroom door shut while he is in there)
Arrowyn Woodsong
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would love to live in Middle Earth! Just becasue it's so much simplar than it is here, now, without all of the technology and whatnot. Though if I lived in ME, I wouldnt be able to come here on CoE...
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
ElfwithAtatude
Council Member
Send Message
@findemaxam48
Well, if you lived in Middle Earth, would you really want to come on CoE? (By the way, LOVE your sig)

I would so live in Middle Earth, mostly cause I'm tired the realities popularity contests. I think I would live in Rivendell, I would fit in there, cause I can't fit in here.
Image "We all change when you think about it. We're all different people all through out our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving so long as you remember all the people that you used to be." -- The 11th Doctor
Person_with_a_cool_name
Council Member
Send Message
If I am honestly, I wouldn't want to live there, as live wasn't only feasts but hard work, diseases, not enough food and everything like that. And I don't think I would survive more than two days, too many monsters and too hard bodywork. Reading the books is enough for me!
~Cool_Name~
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I would like to live on the shores of Lake Evendim in the Twilight Hills, and go out and fish. Later, I would dock at Annuminas and enjoy a fine dinner and ale and comfort at the fine Lakeshore Inn, and the next day I would have a hearty breakfast and tea before heading off over the lake to fish, and go back home.

I would do collaborative brewing with the Largebarrel Brewing Co in Oatbarton as well.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
basti
Council Member
Send Message
I would love to live in Middle Earth, or at least visit. The Shire is awesome, peaceful and fun.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I think I would visit it first (a vacation, if that were possible there in our sense ...) before deciding. I have this distinct feeling that we do not realize how much we have become dependent on things which we never become aware of, that we have become cyborgs without actually having technology incorporated into our actual bodies (some people have visions of that being a possible future, and when I read some of these "visions", I often have the feeling that these people need professional help - having visions and hearing things is associated with schizophrenia, as far as I know ...)
Estel Telcontar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2015 05:46
Mareth_Ravenlock said:I think (please, nobody take offence) that its a little bit crazy to wish you could go to a place you know does not exist. Sure, I'd LOVE to visit ME, even stay for a while, but I wouldn't want to live there permanently. Unless, that is, ALL my friends and family could be there with me! I wouldn't care about leaving technology and all our other comforts behind. But don't you like its a little bit much to get so worked up about a place that you know never has, can, or will exist? Don't get me wrong, I love LotR and ME.

Anyway, that's my point of view on this matter. I had no intention of offending anybody, so I'm sorry if I have done so.
Totally agree with this.
Ameriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2018 10:37
Lindarielwen said:The mind is a wonderful thing. It can transport us to wherever we wish to go. I spend more time in Middle Earth than I do on this plane. I am happy there, I have friends there, no one is insulting or hurtful there. For me, I do not even have to open the books. I can just sit on the shore of my little lake and in an instant, I can be in the land that I love.

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting

This is the perfect response for the question I think. We will never be able to travel to Middle-Earth, be it a short or a permanent stay, but our imagination allows us to visit anytime we want.

For me the ideal place to move to would be the Shire. I understand that it would be hard work and sweat, but it would also be smoking pipeweed, watching the stars, drinking beer at the Green Dragon and wondering about the unknown world.

[Edited on 04/18/2018 by Ameriel]
'But wherever I came it was ever the same: the feet fled, and all was still; never a greeting, only the fleeting pipes, voices, horns on the hill.' // http://www.councilofelrond.com/rpgcharacter/amaery/
fool_of_a_took_12
Council Member
Send Message
I would love to live there!!!

[Edited on 07/05/2018 by fool_of_a_took_12]
Lembas! One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man!
R.J.J Tolkien
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, especially in The Shire.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email