Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Hobbit Films: What are you looking forward to?
on: January 16, 2013 03:54
I saw this poll in a magazine, what scene are you most looking forward to?
Some said the good morning scene between Gandalf and Bilbo, others Riddles in the Dark, Beorn, and Smaug.
Personally I can't wait until Bilbo smuggles them out of the palace and stuffs them into barrels. They made Thorin so majestic in the movies that I think my sides will split when he protests and Bilbo tells them they have to be stuffed in barrels or else 'go back to their nice little cells'
*hums* Roll roll rolling down the hole....
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
Post Re: The Hobbit Films: What are you looking forward to?
on: January 16, 2013 06:09
Heh. I'm looking forward to the dwarf-stuffing scene as well, in addition to their encounter with the Wood Elves. And Bilbo naming Sting. Other than that: Beorn! I really hope we get a glimpse of his bee pastures.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2013 11:44
Where do I start? Well I must confess I am most excited to see King Dain's army of Dwarves arriving at the Battle of the Five Armies (of course! ).

On that note this movie has been such a great creative release for me! I mean, the Hobbit is Tolkien's only book that is partly centralized on the Dwarven race. Being interested in Dwarven culture and history is at times frustrating to me considering the lack of information on them . But Nevertheless I shall carry on the ancient flame of the Dwarves! Baruk Khazad!! Khazad ai-menu!

Lol sorry, ultimate nerd moment...
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: January 16, 2013 01:42
You go ahead and have your nerd moment, Ironfoot. In fact, have as many as you want. It's good to see the Dwarves finally getting their due.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: January 16, 2013 09:06
In a word: SMAUG!

Then Thorin's final scene. If he doesn't make me cry, I'll never forgive him, off as that sounds. You know what I mean, it has to be emotional!
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2013 11:08
I'm curious with Beorn and his house. Also Thorin final scene and of course SMAUG!!

HistoryRepeating
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2013 07:06
Hmm, I'm curious about Thranduil's halls and his realm in Mirkwood. I wonder what these are going to look like in the movie.

And the dwarves' escape in the barrels should be a lot of fun to watch.

And Bilbo talking to Smaug will be interesting.

I'm not really looking forward to Thorin's final scene, though. That's going to be very sad.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2013 01:13
Let's see... Mirkwood, Wood Elves, and more Dwarven culture. Since in the LoTR we only got some of the elves their personality and home, and just Gimil for the Dwarves. To me all we really got was a whole bunch of Hobbits, Men and only two kinds of elves (I'm wanting to see more of the cautious bit of the elves)
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: February 10, 2013 03:34
- Beorn's house
- Elvenking's halls... it would be cool if they added a nod to the fans who have read the Unfinished Tales, and put in a few touches referring to Doriath.
- the visuals for Erebor and Lake-town
- the secret door scenes
- Smaug and his voice
- the Arkenstone business
- Thorin's final speech. I do hope they stick to the book with that one, the more literally the better; it's the linchpin of the book for me, and the main morale of the story. I hope they get it right.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: February 10, 2013 02:09
Couldn't agree more about the last four points there noleme. Should give a chance for some fantastic acting too!
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
Grizzwald
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2013 06:21
Looking forward to the part with Beorn.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2013 03:47
I am looking forward to seeing Beorn, the smuggling of the Dwarves out of the palace, Smaug. The list goes on
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2013 07:40
Since I am first and foremost an Elf fan, I would say I would love to see the Mirkwood part. As ~nólemë~ said, I would love to see the Elven king halls. But not just that, the whole Elven realm in the wood.
~Nev~
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2013 04:41
I'm looking forward to Beorn!!! I will be very upset if they do him wrong...and I'm also looking forward the dwarves escaping in barrels. Can't wait for that.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2013 03:55
I want to see if the White Council will fight Sauron, honestly i could see them fighting and Sauron having some sort of body that gets destroyed in the battle, if that happens it would flow with Saruman's statement in FotR "He can not yet take physical form".
kimmishrooms
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2013 03:10
Dying to see the Mirkwood scene. I can't imagine it being anything less than epic. Also the escape into barrels and, of course, the encounter with Smaug. Oh, and the eagles. I love the eagles. Gah! There's just too much.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2013 09:58
Kimmishrooms, from what was in the last bit of AUJ I'm not sure if we should have extremely high expectations of them. (I was hoping for just a bit more than what was in the movie, in regard to the eagles...)
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
kimmishrooms
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2013 11:18
Oh I don't know. I imagine we'll see them. I mean it is the battle of five armies and I would think they would live up to the chapter title.
belldoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2013 03:19
The opening scenes of The Lord Of Rings and The Hobbit(AUJ)have been excellent and I am expecting a spectacular opening scene in the next up and coming Hobbit film.
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2013 03:21
Lastiel Rusc said:I was hoping for just a bit more than what was in the movie, in regard to the eagles...)
I was in awe of the eagles in LotR and I was again in awe in The Hobbit. Even though the eagles didn't 'sing', I think it did nothing to dispel the magic for me.

To be honest I don't mind the films going a bit off the track with the book(s). I just want to see a film I enjoy. As long as the essential parts are in it, it's all fine with me.
~Nev~
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
There was a bit of eagle singing in the Hobbit, not as good as LOTR though. I still think they should have talked.
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2013 02:54
Nevaratoiel said:
Lastiel Rusc said:I was hoping for just a bit more than what was in the movie, in regard to the eagles...)
I was in awe of the eagles in LotR and I was again in awe in The Hobbit. Even though the eagles didn't 'sing', I think it did nothing to dispel the magic for me.

To be honest I don't mind the films going a bit off the track with the book(s). I just want to see a film I enjoy. As long as the essential parts are in it, it's all fine with me.

Agreed. How would eagles sound, anyway? Like parrots? Or would they have regular human voices and thus ruin the realism?
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2013 04:22
Cillendor said: Agreed. How would eagles sound, anyway? Like parrots? Or would they have regular human voices and thus ruin the realism?
My point exactly. Eagles should sound like eagles. I'm a little bit afraid of Smaug the talking dragon...... I don't know if I like talking dragons...
~Nev~
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
The eagles are not ordinary eagles though. Maybe Tolkien made them into great eagles, messengers of Manwë, after having them talking in 'The Hobbit'. So it's ok by me if they had talked.

Now dragons are traditionally quite chatty in many mythologies so there's no problem for me, even though it's not clear whether they are Maiar or not (see many threads here and there about dragons). I'm certainly confident that Mr Cumberbatch will do a splendid job as he is an accomplished voice actor. In fact I'm really looking forward to Smaug's discussion with Bilbo, as long as the scriptwriters do a decent job. Yeah, better dialogue in the next movie please.
Bartimaeus
Council Member
Send Message
If only they'd learn the art of understatement... I thought they didn't need to put the moral subtexts quite so crudely. Did Bilbo really have to so theatrically almost leave? Does there have to be tension between the main characters for drama? That's one thing PJ will never learn... I do hope there's less of that in the next film.

Anyway, Smaug and Bilbo should be a lot of fun. I always liked that scene in the book, and here it's the Sherlock pair, so...

I look forward to the spider bit as well, though I'm not sure PJ has the light touch you'd need to get that right! Similarly, the escape and all that...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mirkwood, Smaug, and the battle of Five Armies
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Ilandir
Council Member
Send Message
I'm really looking forward to Lake-town (including the Bard-Bain-Master relationship), Beorn, Smaug and of course, the battle of Five Armies too!
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
I'm looking forward to seeing Tauriel, the battle of five armies, Smaug, the escape from Mirkwood and the dwarves crashing the elvish banquet, Bard, and Lake Town.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thought that I would revive this for the next movie. What are you looking forward to, specifically, for There and Back Again? What are you not looking forward to?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
Thranduil, Thranduil, Thranduil, and more Thranduil. Haha!

But on a more serious note, I really, really would like to see an expansion on what happened to Thranduil facing "the serpents of the north". It can't be left unexplored.

And I hope to see an awesome battle of five armies.
~Nev~
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
I'm looking forward to Thorin giving Bilbo the mithril shirt. As well as Bilbo snitching the Arkenstone.
And Thorin's speech at the very end. I hope they don't mess with that, I thought that was a very important part of the book.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email