Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2223242526Last >>
Author Topic:
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Finnr! Great to have you here with us!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Finnr, welcome to CoE
Pugglemaniac
Council Member
Send Message
I am 29 years old,male and live in Labrador (part of a province of Canada). I am a member of the Realm of Orome and came here by searching "rohirric" on Bing and this popped up. My hobbies are watching television and movies,horseriding,roleplaying and drawing. I have read LOTR,Hobbit and half of the Silmarillion,and have watched the movies at least 4,000 times.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello and welcome Pugglemaniac. Enjoy your membership!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Orelion
Council Member
Send Message
Woops sorry bout that. Im a 19 year old male.I live in the U.S. and have read the Hobbit Lord Of The Rings and Silmarillion and have been a fan since a young age. I hope to have a great time and have educated discussions about the world of Arda, as i have yet to find a friend who knows more than just what the movies tell you.
Orelion
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Orelion, welcome to CoE. I've removed your empty post. You can always edit a post by hitting the edit tv button .
You'll find many fellow fans here to talk to about M-E, don't worry . Enjoy!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Pugglemaniac and Orelion! I hope y'all have a great time here!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to everybody! Glad to have you!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Great Angemon
Council Member
Send Message
Um, hi. I'm Great Angemon, or Ange.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello and welcome to CoE, Pugglemaniac, Orelion and Great Angemon
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Great Angemon, welcome to CoE. Perhaps you can tell our members a little bit more about yourself? Just saying hi and stating your username is a bit trivial. For inspiration you can have a look at the first post of this thread.
Great Angemon
Council Member
Send Message
Alright, well, I'm 17, I live in Iowa.

I don't really have any hobbies. I've read The Hobbit and Fellowship, and I've seen all the movies.

For questions, where do I go for help creating a language? I need help designing the one I'm starting.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Ange! Great to have you here!
Hobbitsa244
Council Member
Send Message
Hello! I’m Hobbitsa244 and I love everything Hobbit and LOTR. I’m an artist and also dabble in writing Fanfictions and poetry. And I’m excited to learn Quenya.
LithonielGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to the forum Hobbitsa244, feel free to explore as you learn. You can find learning quenya in the languages of middle -earth section. I'm learning Sindarin at the moment, so feel free to ask for a study buddy. They can be very helpful in learning both Quenya and Sindarin
El sila erin lu e-govaned vin. (A star shines on the hour of our meeting)
ElsieJoy
Council Member
Send Message
Hello all, have been visiting this website for ages but never actually subscribed! So better late than never.
I am 65, weaned on Tolkien as my father was a great fan and could speak many of the languages. Though have to confess that I still haven't managed to read all the way through the 'Silmarillion' though my daughter has! (Her dog is called 'Tolkien') My two grandaughters (age 15) were also weaned on Tolkien stories but seem to like the films rather than the books. I'm not a fan of the films preferring the purer form of the books.
I often go 'walking the shires' of the Lickey Hills, much favoured by Tolkien as my daughter lives near there.

I love all the poetry in the works and Tolkien inspired knitting patterns. Recently knitted my son in law a 'Dwarven Battle Helmet'complete with Gimli beard...it was a great hit

[Edited on 05/05/2014 by ElsieJoy]
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome ElsieJoy! Glad to have you here!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Hobbitsa244 and ElsieJoy! Glad to have you with us.

Hobbitsa244, feel free to check out our fanfic section and submit some of your own works to our site .

I'm sure that must have been a pretty sight, ElsieJoy, that helmet you made him . It's nice to see the whole family is hooked on Tolkien. We often have members that have no one who understands their passion / obsession with his works. If you're interested, there's a thread with members over forty in the The Prancing Pony forum. It's a lively bunch .

For any language related questions, you should head over to the Language Forum, Great Angemon. But reading up on how Tolkien created his languages will definitely help as well (the books and appendices offer a great deal of information).
Great Angemon
Council Member
Send Message
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but is there anyone who can help me start making a conlang? Or just some general tips and advice?

Nevermind, didn't see your reply. Thanks.

[Edited on 05/07/2014 by Great Angemon]
touchstone
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings everyone. This is my first post. My name's Paul from Liverpool. I've been a fan of Tolkien ever since I watched the Ralph Bakshi cartoon about 1986. I'm 35 now and have read LOTR and the Hobbit about five times each. I joined up here because I like to read all the interesting stuff people post on here. Got lots of questions I'd like to pick your brains with at some point.

Thanks.

[Edited on 05/07/2014 by touchstone]
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome touchstone (Paul)! Great to have you here with us. I don't mind hearing some of your questions (I'm normally free anyway, so feel free to talk to me).

[Edited on 05/07/2014 by Mellwen_Bronwewen]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome touchstone. Enjoy diving into our forums, we have a wonderful community!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to everyone! Hope y'all have a great time here!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Wascloth-
Council Member
Send Message
Hello I am 13 years old. I've read all three LOTR books and the hobbit multiple times and am currently reading the silmarrillion. I've always loved lord of the rings and have seen the movies many times. I chose the realm of Aule because he is my favorite Valar and it seemed like a good realm.
sindarinlotr
Council Member
Send Message
Hi Im 14 years old and Im pretty much just a huge fangirl, for a lot of things. I have come to CoE to meet other people and to eventually learn sindarin but i don't really know how to talk to other people or start to learn sindarin! i have gone on sme other sites though and learnt a little bit
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Hobbitsa244, ElsieJoy, touchstone, Wascloth- and sindarinlotr. Welcome to CoE
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Wascloth- and sindarinlotr, welcome to CoE! Enjoy reading the Sil Wascloth-, it's a great book but sometimes a tough nut to crack. Glad to see you already joined a Realm as well!
You've come to the right place for Elvish lessons, sindarinlotr . If you need some help to get on your way with Sindarin, hop over to our Language forums and see if you can find some tips there. We have many people studying the Elvish on our site. Good luck!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Wascloth- and sindarinlotr! I hope y'all have a great time here!
aragolos
Council Member
Send Message
hello to all my name is john and im 31 ive been a life long fan of Tolkien and middle earth ive read the hobbit lotr and the silmarillion multiple times im currently reading unfinished tales and its pretty good looking forward to learning as much as i can thanks
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of CoE, aragolos. If you're not completely satisfied with your experience don't hesitate to contact someone.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello aragolos, welcome to the Council of Elrond . If you want to share your reading experience with others, head over to the books forum where you can discuss your thoughts about them.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello aragolos. Welcome to CoE.
Plya
Council Member
Send Message
This is the place for newbies to introduce themselves to the other members of CoE. Some possible things you might say about yourself are:

Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE): Plya!
Where are you from (country/state)?: Mexico.
How did you find CoE?: Internet
What are your hobbies and interests?: reading, writing, drawing, learning new languages. Interested in ancient cultures. Astronomy, science.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?: The Hobbit, currently reading lord of the rings. Seen all the movies.

I am looking forward to make friends, talk, write and learn!
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hi
Call me Cenor but if you do a bit of elvish research your sure to find my real name.
I'm 15 yes I'm young but I LOVE Tolkien's works.
I'm from Oklahoma but I would love to live in Rohan.
I found COE looking for a website that taught Elvish.
Hmm. hobbies and interests. I play piano (including music from the LOTR and Hobbit films. I love reading good books. Also I like writing and I hope to become an author someday. I saw COE's fanfiction section and I hope to add to it someday.
I've read and watched the LOTR and the Hobbit. I can't wait until Hobbit: there and back again comes out.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome everybody! I hope you guys have a fantastic time here!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
<< First2223242526Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email