Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Lilith the first
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: April 01, 2013 02:39
Hello Everyone, I'm new here, though I'm not new to world of the Lord of the Ring. I hail from The Netherlands and am a 21 year old female.

I came by CoE when I was looking for ways to learn Quenya and online courses I could take in that kind of thing.

My hobbies include; reading, gaming (pc and board games), reading, drawing, reading, learning (the linguistic side of things mostly), oh, and did I mention reading?

I was introduced to the LoTR verse when I was really small and my mother read the book to me and my sisters, I did not understand much of it at the time but was really impressed with all the 'big words' in it and liked repeating them. Later my Grandfather (who was an English teacher) re-introduced me to the book through his copy of the first edition of the series. I have numerous LoTR trivia, but have not yet read all of the ‘additional’ works of JJR Tolkien. Though I am major fan, his more scholarly work is a bit much at times and is to be enjoyed in little steps.

Thank you,

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2013 12:40
Welcome to CoE, all Newbies!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cirwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2013 04:21
Name: Cirwen
Where are you from (country/state): USA
How did you find CoE?: Through yahoo answers while searching for sources to learn Sindarin Elvish.
What are your hobbies and interests?: Cosplaying, reading, creative writing, baking, video games, role playing
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?: I've read the Hobbit, working on reading the Trilogy, and seen all the movies.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?: Not at the moment.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: April 02, 2013 04:22
Hello and welcome to all our newbies! Sorry to be so late, but it's been a busy Easter weekend. None the less a big hearty welcome to Bianca, Lilith the First and Cirwen.

Bianca, you can be sure CoE is legit, as are our Elvish lessons . Good luck with them!
I know how you feel Lilith. I have several of the HoME series as well, but hardly have gotten round to them. Ah well, I guess I'll have enough things like that to keep me busy for a few lives... You'll find many fellow Dutch members on the site, we had quite a few newbies from the Netherlands lately.
Enjoy reading the books Cirwen, they are wonderful. I just finished a re-read myself.
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Eruwaithiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2013 12:48
Hello, I am Eruwaithiel. My hobbies include reading, writing, drawing, dancing and acting. I also enjoy riding horses. I have been a fan of LoTR for a long time now. I've read the trilogy and The Hobbit and seen all the movies. My friend, Nelvellon, introduced me to CoE and I am excited to learn more about it.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2013 01:11
Hi! Welcome to CoE! Enjoy your stay!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Fable
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2013 02:10
Name Fable, or Fabs for short! uvu

Age I am 22 years old, although I will be 23 this coming June 24th.

Gender I am a Lady~~~

Where are you from Florida, USA

How did you find CoE? My friend, Cirwen, found it via Google and showed it to me.

What are your hobbies and interests? Reading, writing, book binding, mythology, history, Lore, pestering my best buddies, playing video games, cooking, witchcraft and magick and a lot of other things!

Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? I have seen the movies, and I have read The Hobbit, FotR, and most of TTT (I'm still currently in the process of reading TTT, and almost at the end of it.)

Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? Not at the moment, no.
mdclavette
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2013 05:22
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE): Marissa
Where are you from (country/state)? : Ontario, Canada.
How did you find CoE? : Google
What are your hobbies and interests? : Photography, video games, learning, reading.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? I've seen all of the movies. Have not read the book yet. Yes, I know, shame on me. In the process of getting all the books though.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? Nope.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: April 03, 2013 07:50
Welcome Fable and Marissa! Glad to have you on board. Enjoy reading the books and don't hesitate to take part in our community. Have fun!
Jennifer Marie
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2013 11:10
Hello...my name is Jenny and I found the COE looking for instruction on learning the languages...I'm from Minnesota. Everyone seems really great here!
Moonshine
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2013 04:57
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE) Moonshine
Age 18
Gender Female
Where are you from (country/state)? Louisiana
How did you find CoE? I was searching for a new language course that would better help me understand it, and I've found it and I love it XD
What are your hobbies and interests? I am a linguistic, I play the piano, I draw (manga style though not comic strips) and I write stories (fan fiction AND originals).
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? I have seen all three movies of the Lord of the Rings (many times, I mean, uncountable times. It is a yearly tradition my sisters and I have and only last year, after our family-time was done, I restarted the LOTR, watching one movie a day, from March to either end of April or beginning of May, and am wanting to do that again this year...), and I have watched the Hobbit, and I am in the middle of reading the book The Hobbit (can't seem to find our LOTR books though, ....)
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? I don't think so! :3
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: April 04, 2013 05:13
Hello and welcome, Moonshine and Jennifer. Good luck with our Elvish lessons! Enjoy the site and our community.
jakalova
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2013 08:14
Name Jakalova
Age 27
Gender Nazgul err.. Male
Where are you from (country/state)? SC, USA
How did you find CoE? Random searching for Elvish Language resources.
What are your hobbies and interests? Reading, Writing, Archery, Swordfighting and Mythology of Celtic and Scandinavian cultures (Hold the Heathen Hammer High)
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? I have read the Hobbit, am currently reading LoTR and have the Silmarillion up next. I have seen the New Line Prod. LoTR movies and The Hobbit pt. 1 as well as the older animated versions.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: April 08, 2013 02:42
Hello Jakalova, welcome to the Council of Elrond! Enjoy the LotR books I'd say, they're a great read. If you have any questions later on, don't hesitate to ask, I'll be happy to help. Have fun!
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2013 10:30
Name: 213415
From USA
how did you find CoE: searching LotR forums
Hobbies/ interests: beginning to learn Sindarin
I have read Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit ( multiple times) and I have seen all of the movies ( multiple times !)
Thank you so much for the great site
...all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us...
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: April 16, 2013 01:01
Hello and welcome, 213415 (interesting but rather cryptical name, if I might say so ). Glad to see you're enjoying our site!
jroberts694
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2013 02:40
Name:Josh
Hobbies/Interests: Fantasy stories of all types, love the all things LOTR, Star Wars, Harry Potter, currently reading a great one called My Name is Tucker Wilson while I wait for part 2 of the Hobbit!
Looking forward to being part of the site
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: April 23, 2013 04:20
Welcome to COE Josh, dive in and have fun here.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2013 02:38
Welcome everyone!!! This site is amazing, and you will meet alot of friends here!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
nyancatLOL
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2013 01:55
Hi! My name is Gabi. I'm a friend of legolaslovertrinity! We go to school together. I'm not very familiar with the Lord Of The Rings.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Welcome at last Gsbi, to COE. Hope you have fun here.
ellesar51
Council Member
Send Message
hello every one, i like every one here love the works of tolkien, especialy the quenya language. if there are any speakers of quenya who live near monroe utah, i would like to meet you
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Nyancat and Ellesar! Hope you guys have a wonderful time here!
fannie
Council Member
Send Message
Name:Elizabeth
favorite books/movies:love the LOTR books and movies(watched the movies so many times I can say most of the lines by heart[so un countable times] ), I have read the hobbit and watched the movie loved them both. I also like to read the Rangers Apprentice series, and the Septimis Heap series, you could say i enjoy mid-evil fantasy stories.

[Edited on 05/05/2013 by fannie]
keep calm and trust in the lord
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, Fannie! Hope you have a marvelous time here!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello to all newbies! Apologies for the late welcome, but I'm experiencing some technical difficulties logging in to the site. Enjoy your memberships and have fun! If you have any questions about the site or how stuff works around here, don't hesitate to ask! I'll be happy to help.

[Edited on 05/06/2013 by gondolinian]
DarkPoetOfRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
Hello there, fellow Tolkien fans!
I'm a (currently) 24 year old woman with a passion for all things elvish (as if that wasn't already obvious x'D) and an artistic side to boot.
I had the good fortune of finding this place while searching the internet for a lembas bread recipe and after just a week or so of poking around, already love it.

I was first introduced to Tolkien's work when I decided to check The Fellowship of the Rings from my middle school library and quickly found my daydreams filled with elves, orcs, and all manner of Middle-Earth related adventures. Fast forward about 12 years later and I'm still completely enamored with the whole trilogy and it's prequel, The Hobbit.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, DarkPoetOfRivendell! Hope you have an awesome time here!

Btw, love the sig Gondolinian.

[Edited on 05/07/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello to all newbies and welcome to CoE hope you all enjoy yourselves on this site.
SilverMoon44
Council Member
Send Message
Hi all, I found this website while researching ways to learn Sindarin and was impressed with the lessons, really nice website thank you
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome SilverMoon! Glad you found us! I hope you have a jolly time learning Sindarin!
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Hi Im Paramvir (Call me PSK)
Im new, but I love tolkiens books. Ive read LotR and Silmarillion. Haven't read the Hobbit yet but I'd like to do that soon.
Trying to find some Middle -Earth maps and I found this great site, so thats how I got here. Joined the Realm of Manwë but not quite sure what to do. Any tips?
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome, DarkPoetOfRivendell, Silvermoon44 and PSK! Enjoy our website, we have many things to offer. From those lembas recipes, to Elvish lessons and much more. Our forums are crowded by our big and friendly community, so drive right in!
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.

PS: PSK, the best thing to do is check with your own realm. They will have a forum of their own, you can meet with the other members there and find out what to do.

[Edited on 05/12/2013 by gondolinian]
Mrkanic
Council Member
Send Message
Hello!
My nickname is Mrkanic and i'm 13 years old
I'm male and I'm from Croatia(it is a small country in Europe near Italy).
My friend told me for this web site(maybe you heard of him, his nick is ZergLuxRusher)...
Most of all things I love programing, I'm just a beginner but I'm very good at it.
I started reading LOTR books only 1 month ago but I saw all movies 3 times...
I want to learn Quenya or Sindarin but I don't know which is better(please answer me if you can), I'm also looking for someone of my age with I can talk to because I want to socially connect to other people(all my neighbors are little stupid) and I know that whoever watched LOTR or read LOTR books is very smart.

Contact me at [email protected]
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Hello from another small European country, Mrkanic. The best way to find like-minded folk is to participate in our discussions, and take a peek at the Many Meetings forum just below Newbies. As it happens, I've noticed a thread lurking there where another user is asking if there's anyone else from Croatia here - maybe you can check out their thread, and send them a PM? :] There are many other threads for socializing in the Prancing Pony (several forums below), so you may want to visit that forum as well.
I suggest you take a look at the first lessons of Quenya and Sindarin to see which you find easier, because the 'easiness' is very subjective. Some prefer Quenya, others believe Sindarin is the easier language of the two. Myself, I'd say that Quenya has a more familiar sound structure and grammar for us Slavic language speakers, but the choice is with you. Good luck! :]

[Edited on 05/12/2013 by ~nólemë~]
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email